Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

message for the day

chishlom

• Moderators

"...the measure of a life well lived is the love carried in the hearts of those who knew us" -CLF

• Administrators

Life's like a movie; write your own ending, keep believing, keep pretending.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

If everyone is good and kind and loving then who are those that cause others pain? Point to note -There are no good or bad people; Our actions and choices categorize us. Choose wisely. We can't possibly be here for ourselves alone :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Kindness must never stop at your doorstep, it's best passed on

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I am not what you see on the exterior -far from it. I am everything you do not see: I am my thoughts, I am my words, I am those innate qualities that tell of how I treat another. I am defined by the choices I make each day.

#kimi2016 *wink*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

"The people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. They either help us become the best version of ourselves or encourage us to become a lesser version of ourselves. We become like our friends." - Unknown

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

*old adage*

"You can lead a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink" -unknown (okay okay, I'm just too lazy to Google that :D :P ) lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

— Audrey Hepburn

• Moderators

There will be dozens of people who take your breath away but the one who reminds you to breathe is the one you should keep -Samhain

• Moderators

The most valuable places to be in the world~ are in someone's THOUGHTS, in someone's PRAYERS and in someone's HEART -Unknown

• Moderators

"Everyone has gone through something that has changed them, and forced them to grow. Every passing face on the street represents a story every bit as compelling and complicated as yours. We meet no ordinary people in our lives..." -unknown

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

"Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room." - Marc Hack

You worry so much about been who you are. You think you are doing something wrong. Well, guess what? The person you are hiding from is far from been a Saint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” -Oscar Wilde

• Moderators

"I hate the word homophobia.

It's not a phobia.

You are not scared,

You are an as****h**le" -Morgan Freeman

:D such anger! Lol #word (I would probaby use a milder term.lol)

• Administrators

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence.

Instead of saying "I'm damaged, i'm broken, I have trust issues," say "I'm healing, i'm rediscovering myself, i'm starting over."