Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Why Foreplay is Important for Women

Guest Lala1

Foreplay is important especially for women because it literally gets our vaginas ready for penetration. The fluid released by our vaginas when we are turned on helps to make the walls of the vagina ready for when the penis (or toy) is inserted. In the absence of the fluid, sex can be painful for the woman and it can leave her with injuries which are a result of the dry vagina wall rubbing against your partner’s penis or latex condom. It is not pretty, and it is one of the reasons rape is not only psychologically painful but physically so. You can imagine it as two metals rubbing against each other, the friction generates heat which could be bad if heavy machinery is used and to prevent accidents we usually use grease so that both metal surfaces can rub smoothly.

In the case of sex, your vagina and your partner’s penis are the metal surfaces and your fluid is the grease that ensures smooth rubbing. I imagine the same logic would apply dildos and vibrators, you vagina has to be wet for a pleasant experience.

Foreplay helps in the release of those fluids. Foreplay is basically what you and your partner do to put you both in the mood for sex, for us women, it is what gets us wet. I once had an experience where my outer vaginal skin was peeled off due to my not being wet prior to penetration. This was obviously with a man, and I spent the next four/five days being careful so that the injury won’t get infected. It was painful, I can tell you that. It is in order to help you avoid that painful phase that I am posting this.

When you are having sex, make sure that you are wet. You can even talk about it with your partner so that, if need be, foreplay can be extended so that you are wet before anything happens down there. This applies to not only bisexuals, but the lesbians as well. My female partner hurt me (which was nothing compared to the injury from my male partner) while she fingered me because I was not wet enough. In hindsight, I believe she didn’t know that I needed to be wet before she poked (lol) me with her fingers. I hope this helps some of you in your sexual lives.

Lastly, some women have difficulty getting wet and this could be due to a bunch of different reasons. I will suggest that if you hardly get wet, no matter the amount of foreplay, increase the quantity of water you drink daily. I used to drink very little water, and whenever I masturbated my fluids won’t flow so easily. But this August, I started increasing the amount of water I took and noticed incredible changes. So, ladies, drink plenty water! It has other benefits apart from getting you wet!

You can do your personal research to find out more!

• 6 months later...

It is impossible for me 2 make love without heavy foreplay....if u r too much in a hurry i might stop u smack in the middle of it...jeez!...NICE WRITE UP! :-D

• 6 years later...