Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Home - Away from chaos

Dipbluesae

It's funny.. how things start to go well for us or even better, the moment we find a good partner. Things start going so amazingly well and we never have to struggle for anything. 

When my elder sister came home and got married to her now husband. The whole process took about a month. Every damn thing, including getting her husband's papers.  UK normally has the easiest visa route for Nigerians, for one moment to be honest, I wished I lived there. 

I was so worried about moving back here and leaving my baby so far away, I really didn't want a long distance relationship anymore. At that moment, Canada with their hectic visa requirements became something I was scared of.

But like I said, things just work out when you are with the right person. Stress free and at the right moment. 

Sometimes, I remember how it all began and it's crazy.  It's not everyday that you meet someone from such distance and it turns out to be this amazing. Truth is, I could have ended up with anyone. It could have been anyone but no, it's my baby. And she's the kindest,smartest,most understanding human I have ever met!

We met. We fell in love. We became best friends. I don't know why, but this is one of the kindest act the universe has bestowed upon me. Maybe as a compensation, maybe because I have always desired a family. Regardless, It is something I am grateful for. It couldn't have been by merit alone. This is not my first relationship. But it is my absolute best.  It is something I have sought for most of my adult life. I am forever thankful for the gift of flower. Forever hers 🌼.

In this whole wide world, there's nothing I could do that I wouldn't do for her. No one has cared for me. Loved me. Showed me that they loved me. Like she has. For the first time in my life, I actually feel seen, loved, appreciated, and understood by my partner.  In the way that I have always wanted. I am fortunate. I am grateful 🙏 

• 2 weeks later...

Love is beautiful you know. Sincere love is the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth. I love you flower. With all my pure heart. ♥️ 

I have been loved. I am grateful for this love 🙏  May it stay lite. May we flourish ️ 

• Like 1