Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What are the advantages of distant relationships

dreamgal

I guess you'll be able to have time to miss your partner. Which would make you value the person more when you eventually meet.

but that also applies to dating someone close, esp when you dont get to see the person all the time.

• Administrators

“Oceans apart, day after day and I slowly go insane, I hear your voice on the line but it doesn’t stop the pain.

I see you next to never, how can we say forever”

Richard Marx’s rendition of Right Here Waiting speaks volumes for long distance relationships.

But, just like other kinds of relationships, I believe long distance relationships can survive if both parties make the effort to keep the spark alive.

Advantages:

1) If things go well, distance helps trust grow exponentially

2) You value conversation --- which most people not in short distant relationships can't build.

***) You really get to know someone at a deep, meaningful level and the emotional bonding is strong.

4) Good communication.

5) Set a goal and work together to achieve that goal and so on.

If your long-distance relationship is successful, you can be rest assured that your relationship is pretty golden.

My Opinion though.

• Moderators

“Oceans apart, day after day and I slowly go insane, I hear your voice on the line but it doesn’t stop the pain.

I see you next to never, how can we say forever”

Richard Marx’s rendition of Right Here Waiting speaks volumes for long distance relationships.

But, just like other kinds of relationships, I believe long distance relationships can survive if both parties make the effort to keep the spark alive.

Advantages:

1) If things go well, distance helps trust grow exponentially

2) You value conversation --- which most people not in short distant relationships can't build.

***) You really get to know someone at a deep, meaningful level and the emotional bonding is strong.

4) Good communication.

5) Set a goal and work together to achieve that goal and so on.

If your long-distance relationship is successful, you can be rest assured that your relationship is pretty golden.

My Opinion though.

Lol, you dey quote music now.. Mmmm, somebody is in love.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zero!, none!, nada!.. I'm not an 'i nid my space kinda person'...where's the space in d first plc?,lol.. when u work 5 days wk ,even 6 once in a while,and u don't even live 2getha..when do u get 2 see? Hangout n all...of cos u talk on d fone,sms,chat etc, still not enof...i like face 2 face jor,u don't hv 2 be faraway 4 me 2 miss or appreciate u....ah! Me , i want my baby close by o! Hehehe...just my thots pls.

• 4 years later...