Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Hitting on someone.

Abystacy

So I was having a conversation with someone and somehow the words hitting on someone came up and am wondering ....

We all know that hitting on someone

Means to make advances; to flirt with a person with the intention of trying to get them to go out with you.

Have you noticed someone who seems to be flirting, but you're not sure they like you as more than just a friend.

Recently am intrigued by these words hitting on someone and it makes me wonder.

* Do you hit on people, how does it feel and how did the person take it?

*Do you get offended when someone is hitting on you?

* And how do you feel if they suddenly stop hitting on you?

* Is there someone you wanna hit on and you don't know how to go about It?

* Are you one of those women who think they're better than others - the whole "I'm out of your league" kind of thing.

Am very curious....

Cards on the table..let's know your thoughts ..remember there's no need to lie..say it as it is!

*i dnt hit on people. I'm too self conscious I guess.

*well. I dnt get offended per say, but sometimes, its just too much. I get hit on a lot. What can I say? I'm a fyn geh.lol

*sometimes, I'm relieved. Other times, iono man, I jus shrug it off.

*nope. Don't wanna hit on nobody right now. Except sheyi shay but umm, that's not gonna happen now, is it?

*honestly? I dnt think I'm better than others. But I certainly know I'm better than some. I dnt like to settle for less...if the very best can be had, that's what I'm gonna have. A bit cocky, yea, I know. It is what it is tho

*i dnt hit on people. I'm too self conscious I guess.

*well. I dnt get offended per say, but sometimes, its just too much. I get hit on a lot. What can I say? I'm a fyn geh.lol

*sometimes, I'm relieved. Other times, iono man, I jus shrug it off.

*nope. Don't wanna hit on nobody right now. Except sheyi shay but umm, that's not gonna happen now, is it?

*honestly? I dnt think I'm better than others. But I certainly know I'm better than some. I dnt like to settle for less...if the very best can be had, that's what I'm gonna have. A bit cocky, yea, I know. It is what it is tho

I try to hit on women but i fail miserably i end up acting like all i want is friendship because i'm scared they would not return my advances or that they're straight :( anyone have any hit up lines that would help?

Yes I hit on females very subtly. Sometimes they don't even know or just think I'm joking. We'll I only get offended if the person hitting on me isn't soooo fine. Lol. If he/she is good looking, I flow with it.If they stop, No big deal.Yes yes yes. I met someone at the saloon today, our eyes kept meeting, she stayed back afta doing her hair for no reason, and she kept coming ova to my station talking with the guy doing my hair, she wld touch my shoulders nd then say sorry, I told her to stop apologizing. After my hair I didn't knw what to do, I just left. I guess I lost it. This is me hoping I meet her again.Not exactly , I'm good with everyone, but some people u just knw u r better than them.

Yes I hit on females very subtly. Sometimes they don't even know or just think I'm joking. We'll I only get offended if the person hitting on me isn't soooo fine. Lol. If he/she is good looking, I flow with it.If they stop, No big deal.Yes yes yes. I met someone at the saloon today, our eyes kept meeting, she stayed back afta doing her hair for no reason, and she kept coming ova to my station talking with the guy doing my hair, she wld touch my shoulders nd then say sorry, I told her to stop apologizing. After my hair I didn't knw what to do, I just left. I guess I lost it. This is me hoping I meet her again.Not exactly , I'm good with everyone, but some people u just knw u r better than them.

Too bad, hope u meet her again...Chances are, you will

Lol.

* YES I get super offended when some one Is hitting on me especially if am trying to like u as a friend and u go to that level.

* IS telling someone " I really like you and enjoy talking to u " hitting on you? Coz I once told someone I really liked and now we hardly talk sef!

* I don't feel am any better than someone, but atimes we set certain standards before or when we want to get in a relationship or a kind of friendship. But the other person feels disgusted or hurt when u say "I can't be with u, or u are not my type of person ' and next thing u hear is she proud, pride dey her body, wetin she dey feel like, I don't know if its wrong to say ur mind

• Downvote 1

@mide lol..nofin wrong wit sayin ur mind,@ irish talk jor,do u or do u not hit on pple,ur answer is fuzzy:-P :-P:-P.YES, I totally hit on u wen am attracted to u, if i find out u r unavaible, i stl let u knw am backing out n just form another type of r/shp wit u...i don't lead pple on..its annoying! ..its bera 2 knw if u r on d same page or u just getting it twisted...naah nt beta dan u,but i hv certain standards n principles..some i cn bend,some i CAN NEVER BEND.

Lmao, How do you tell someone, you're not my type or I can't be with you? I think it's rude. Best thing to do, is slip away slowly. My own opinion though, maybe because I'm not a confrontational person.

• Upvote 1

I've never hit on anyone.

I don't get offended, when someone hits on me.

I'm indifferent if you suddenly stop.

There's no one I want to hit on, if that ever happens I would ask Moresko for pick up lines.hahaha

I don't think anyone is better than me, I mean that's looking down on someone, but at the same time, I've set a standard for myself and I don't settle for less.

• Moderators

Lmao, How do you tell someone, you're not my type or I can't be with you? I think it's rude. Best thing to do, is slip away slowly. My own opinion though, maybe because I'm not a confrontational person.

I just say I'm not interested. That's simple enough.

I think everyone should certain standards for what they want in a partner.

well theres something called harmless flirting,thats what I do but sometimes they take it serious and think I actually wanna date them or something. I flirt alot for fun,but when I am serious I become persistent.

I like it when girls hit on me,it increases my ego but if shes too direct I will never take her serious.(pretty girls tho)

I think if she stopped its probably cause I pushed her away. would feel indifferent sha or miss the attention

there is someone. met her here

I don't feel I am better than everyone but I also dont think anyone is better than me. we are all special in our diff ways.

Lol. Yes I have,with my hand,a stick,a whip,a broom,a slipper,etc.

If she tries hitting on me with the objects listed above,then she's in soup.

Lol. Yes I have,with my hand,a stick,a whip,a broom,a slipper,etc.

If she tries hitting on me with the objects listed above,then she's in soup.

Lmao, are u really serious right now?

Hahaaha @ladyomah. Joker! !

I dont mind being hit on. Im a hopeless flirt, *shining my teeth*when im feeling someone .

smiles work alot.

I think if u seriously wanna hit on someone a nice joke always helps crack the mood .

If imnot interested i never even lead you on in the first place but some people cant tell when their being pushed away *rme*

I never look down on people. If youre just not the kindof person I would normally mix with.im civil , say hello make small convo and i move on!!

Voila!!!

• 1 month later...

- Yeah I hit on people,It feels good, sometimes I hit jackpot,sometimes not, sometimes the person Im hitting on thinks i'm a joker.

- If someone cute is hitting on me ,of course I would not be offended, but if the reverse is the case ill be so $%^& angry( actually had that happen to me)

- Well if they suddenly stopped hitting on me i'd assume they got the message that I wasn't interested and decided to give it a rest. So i'd actually feel free and thank them in my heart.

- There are lots of people I want to hit on, like so many lol like female bosses, at work etc and I do not know how to go about that, cos if they do not take it well .......

- Well clearly I'm better than some people and some people are better than me especially where the 'betterness' pertains to something specific. Like Simps is better than me at IT and Im better than her at Finance. Where it concerns dating I would truthfully have some dating standards which means people not meeting those standards would automatically not be in my league, for example if someone can't express themselves clearly , we are to my understanding, not in the same league.

- Yeah I hit on people,It feels good, sometimes I hit jackpot,sometimes not, sometimes the person Im hitting on thinks i'm a joker.

- If someone cute is hitting on me ,of course I would not be offended, but if the reverse is the case ill be so $%^& angry( actually had that happen to me)

- Well if they suddenly stopped hitting on me i'd assume they got the message that I wasn't interested and decided to give it a rest. So i'd actually feel free and thank them in my heart.

- There are lots of people I want to hit on, like so many lol like female bosses, at work etc and I do not know how to go about that, cos if they do not take it well .......

- Well clearly I'm better than some people and some people are better than me especially where the 'betterness' pertains to something specific. Like Simps is better than me at IT and Im better than her at Finance. Where it concerns dating I would truthfully have some dating standards which means people not meeting those standards would automatically not be in my league, for example if someone can't express themselves clearly , we are to my understanding, not in the same league.

are you hitting on me already lol,I like the name Simps by the way.... :)/>/>