Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Let's talk about addiction(good or bad)

Mide

Hello, how have u guys been, awesome I guess..... So let's talk about addiction and how we can stop it,(I know its hard) and I know we have super smart ladies here who can actually advise us on how to curb these addictions either Good or Bad.( It could be anything) please feel free talk about it.

Mine is drinking COCACOLA, minini will have my head for saying it, buh i keep making promises to stop drinking it, buh I can just take my eyes off it. Am a coke addict.

• Moderators

For me, it's coffee. I need two cups of coffee in the morning to start the day, maybe one or two during the day, and another one to go to bed. I am actually better nowadays, I used to have an expensive 9 shots of espresso habit.

For me, it's coffee. I need two cups of coffee in the morning to start the day, maybe one or two during the day, and another one to go to bed. I am actually better nowadays, I used to have an expensive 9 shots of espresso habit.

does coffee have any side effect to ones health unlike coke?

• Moderators

does coffee have any side effect to ones health unlike coke?

Personally, I think it defers from person to person, and I have a very high tolerance for caffeine. Caffeine, the stimulat drug found in Coffee and Coca Cola is addictive, caffeine's mechanism of action is somewhat different from that of many other addictive drugs, such as cocaine or the amphetamines. Caffeine antagonizes, or blocks, adenosine receptors. Adenosine is a by-product of cellular activity, and the adenosine receptors play a role in producing feelings of tiredness and the need to sleep. Caffeine's ability to block these receptors means the levels of the body's natural stimulants, dopamine and norepinephrine continue at higher levels.

Health side effects? I think it depends on how you get your caffeine. I don't drink soda or use sugar so the caloric intake of my caffeine is pretty low. Personal side effects that I've experienced include suppressed appetite, increased thirst, headaches (when I don't get my coffee), tremors (when I was on that 9 shot espresso habit, which is one of the reasons why I cut back). I tried withdrawing twice (and was successful once) and had the nasty withdrawal symptoms associated with caffeine withdrawal. Now I think I've found the perfect balance :)/>

@Mide i'm totally having ur balls for not quitting the coke thing!! Drink lots of water in place of coca cola! .i:->. I think i maybe addicted 2 one igbo thing called 'NZU' (am not even igbo lol), it is sandy n not nice , igbo gurls, u knw wat am talking abt rite?,but i love it! B-) So help me God!. :-/

Personally, I think it defers from person to person, and I have a very high tolerance for caffeine. Caffeine, the stimulat drug found in Coffee and Coca Cola is addictive, caffeine's mechanism of action is somewhat different from that of many other addictive drugs, such as cocaine or the amphetamines. Caffeine antagonizes, or blocks, adenosine receptors. Adenosine is a by-product of cellular activity, and the adenosine receptors play a role in producing feelings of tiredness and the need to sleep. Caffeine's ability to block these receptors means the levels of the body's natural stimulants, dopamine and norepinephrine continue at higher levels.

Health side effects? I think it depends on how you get your caffeine. I don't drink soda or use sugar so the caloric intake of my caffeine is pretty low. Personal side effects that I've experienced include suppressed appetite, increased thirst, headaches (when I don't get my coffee), tremors (when I was on that 9 shot espresso habit, which is one of the reasons why I cut back). I tried withdrawing twice (and was successful once) and had the nasty withdrawal symptoms associated with caffeine withdrawal. Now I think I've found the perfect balance :)/>/>

Leave all this grammar , coffee is not good, caffeine is not good

Hello, how have u guys been, awesome I guess..... So let's talk about addiction and how we can stop it,(I know its hard) and I know we have super smart ladies here who can actually advise us on how to curb these addictions either Good or Bad.( It could be anything) please feel free talk about it.

Mine is drinking COCACOLA, minini will have my head for saying it, buh i keep making promises to stop drinking it, buh I can just take my eyes off it. Am a coke addict.

Same way HIV is real, Diabetes is real

• Moderators

Leave all this grammar , coffee is not good, caffeine is not good

Lol, coffee and caffeine are very good.. Moderation is also good.

OMG I'm addicted to coke too, I could forgive someone cheating on me if they just bought me a really chilled bottle of coke, it uplifts my spirit. I actually feel sick and weak sometimes if I do not drink coke. Cos I'm predisposed to diabetes I've switched to coke zero.

@Mide i'm totally having ur balls for not quitting the coke thing!! Drink lots of water in place of coca cola! .i:->. I think i maybe addicted 2 one igbo thing called 'NZU' (am not even igbo lol), it is sandy n not nice , igbo gurls, u knw wat am talking abt rite?,but i love it! B-) So help me God!. :-/

I know nzu it looks like rough pieces of white chalk, tastes like its been roasted. Quitting coke is easier said than done.

@daftpunk,yea u knw nzu lol....one cud quit whateva one is addicted to..,it has 2 do mainly with self discipline,self determination n neva procastinate...it's nt easy,make sure u bear dat in mind ...

@daftpunk,yea u knw nzu lol....one cud quit whateva one is addicted to..,it has 2 do mainly with self discipline,self determination n neva procastinate...it's nt easy,make sure u bear dat in mind ...

Sleek no be Nzu them dey call calabar or so? I see a lot of pregnant women lick that thing and am like WTF are u doing, buh babes na wa ooooo.....

I had some cousins be so addicted to it, I had to try it so as to make sense of what exactly they liked about the chalky thing.

The day Mide will quit her Coke habit,,ummmm!!I'm going to do something nice that day!!biggrin.gif .

I think I'm addicted to Indomie..rolleyes.gif

The day Mide will quit her Coke habit,,ummmm!!I'm going to do something nice that day!!biggrin.gif .

Lovebird

yimu for u oooooo

But you know m serious!!

Babes I know, and am working on it. Send me a PM, tried sending u one but its not going. Missed ur wahala

Heheheheh!!!I'l do just that!!if i hear working on it!!!I'll walk with one leg.YOU!!work on your coke addiction..NEVER!!tongue.gif

Lol. Stay farrrrrrr away from indomie. That shit is terrible. The starch in noodles ehnnnn.

I can't code without my on ear headphone listening to songs(I get earache/headache sometimes,then I'd stop using it and not work till it goes away and then I'll continue)it's so bad but i can't stop :(/>

Well mine is headphones am so stuck on em people tell most times that i will soon go deaf

I can totally relate to this