Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Should /would you tell a friend they are being cheated on

simpl384

Personally I don't think it's really my place to do so, however, I might just give a slight hint, but, if it's like to a point where my friend is being used and really taken advantage of,I probably would especially if its my best friend, but I'll keep in mind this may create more serious problems...so, I'd like to hear from you guys on that,Should / would you tell a friend they are being cheated on ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simpl384

• Skills

• daftpunk

• moresko

• Moderators

Personally I don't think it's really my place to do so, however, I might just give a slight hint, but, if it's like to a point where my friend is being used and really taken advantage of,I probably would especially if its my best friend, but I'll keep in mind this may create more serious problems...so, I'd like to hear from you guys on that,Should / would you tell a friend they are being cheated on ?

Isn't that what cheating is? I would tell my friend if I'm 100% sure her partner is cheating. What do you mean "I don't think its my place to do so", at what point does it become " your place"?

Imagine when she finds out about the cheating and the fact you knew about it, would she say thank you or she'll be pissed off that you "her friend" knew that her partner was cheating on her, and allowed her to continue in the relationship that exposed to emotional upheaval, ridicule, and possibly STD'S

You are not doing your friend any favors by not telling her. If my friend knew my partner was cheating on me, and didn't tell me; I would end that friendship because she obviously doesn't have my best interest in mind.

I'm gonna answer it this way, if you know that my partner is cheating on me. I will want you to tell me. So yes, I will definitely let my friend know when she's been cheated on.

I'm gonna answer it this way, if you know that my partner is cheating on me. I will want you to tell me no matter how bad it may seem St that moment. So yes, I will definitely let my friend know when she's been cheated on.

This is hard , in the past I've told my friends when there partners are cheating and it didn't end well , one broke up with the girl, the other didn't , now the guy hates me so much and my stupid friend is still with him and he's still cheating .

If it's husband , I won't tell my friend o . I've seen my best friends hubby with a girl before in the club, I didn't tell my friend , I refused his drinks he sent me , I threatened the girl though , that if I see her near him again , I will get her assassinated , I sounded so serious and mean , I think she believed me . Dumb girl.

Isn't that what cheating is? I would tell my friend if I'm 100% sure her partner is cheating. What do you mean "I don't think its my place to do so", at what point does it become " your place"?

Imagine when she finds out about the cheating and the fact you knew about it, would she say thank you or she'll be pissed off that you "her friend" knew that her partner was cheating on her, and allowed her to continue in the relationship that exposed to emotional upheaval, ridicule, and possibly STD'S

You are not doing your friend any favors by not telling her. If my friend knew my partner was cheating on me, and didn't tell me; I would end that friendship because she obviously doesn't have my best interest in mind.

If my friend can handle the truth and act sanely,well yeah it's my place but if my friend is stupid and acts irrationally, I won't do such, I hate it when my name is being mentioned in such situation,making feel like the bad person...check out minini's case

I'm gonna answer it this way, if you know that my partner is cheating on me. I will want you to tell me no matter how bad it may seem St that moment. So yes, I will definitely let my friend know when she's been cheated on.

After telling,you definitely act on it right? so what if she brainswashes you, and you guys are still together, what does that make me?

• Moderators

If my friend can handle the truth and act sanely,well yeah it's my place but if my friend is stupid and acts irrationally, I won't do such, I hate it when my name is being mentioned in such situation,making feel like the bad person...check out minini's case

Can she handle the lie? I really don't care if someone hates me because I told on them, its not my job to please everyone. If he/ she loved their relationship so much maybe they should have controlled whatever sexual organ they have. If my friend stays with the cheat; that's her business, I don't care but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

It will make you a good friend who have my best interest at heart, and trust me when I say ain't no one brainwashing me..I will find out the truth because am very observant, I pay attention to every Lil details and I love to study people... who wants a cheating girlfriend anyways? besides if she really loves me as much as she claims, how can she just go and do something so brash as to give her entire body to somebody and see it as just a mistake or come up with some sort of brainwashing story. hell no.

After telling,you definitely act on it right? so what if she brainswashes you, and you guys are still together, what does that make me?

• Administrators

I agree 100%

I wud even tell my friend in her cheating partner's presence! I "VE PLAYED MY PART. Now, if my friend wants 2 be continue being a 'maga' ,then dats her cup of tea...i tell it like it is, with no regrets at all...yea yea yea',feel free n call me a 'witch' behind my back! I don't give a hoot! Lmao.. :-PI face things head on, makes life easier 4 moi!

U dnt av to be my bestfriend for me to feel disappointed. If we've lived together, ate together, laughed n shared jokes together n u knew dat much n not tell me, i'd feel rily hurt.

There r so many ways to show someone u do nt truly care abt them; this is one. Asides dat Cheating is disgusting,it's d highest level of dishonesty to one's partner. How can u say u love someone n lie to them?

Dont cheat n stay. If u do nt love, why nt leave?

Even if u must cheat, at least be kind enough to protect urself, dnt let her catch a disease. Cheating is a problem dat u av not hers. Witout u she wld still live, dont give her a life-threatening disease.

its a two way thing. some ppl get caught up in relationships that if u tell them their partner is. cheating and u tell ur friend and she gets into a big row with her partner... when dey settle you might b painted d bad guy. Bt if u dnt and they find out u didn't... you're still d bad guy.

its so hard to decide sometimes

I wud even tell my friend in her cheating partner's presence! I "VE PLAYED MY PART. Now, if my friend wants 2 be continue being a 'maga' ,then dats her cup of tea...i tell it like it is, with no regrets at all...yea yea yea',feel free n call me a 'witch' behind my back! I don't give a hoot! Lmao.. :-PI face things head on, makes life easier 4 moi!

Sleeky I fear you oh....In reality, have you ever found yourself in such situation?

U dnt av to be my bestfriend for me to feel disappointed. If we've lived together, ate together, laughed n shared jokes together n u knew dat much n not tell me, i'd feel rily hurt.

There r so many ways to show someone u do nt truly care abt them; this is one. Asides dat Cheating is disgusting,it's d highest level of dishonesty to one's partner. How can u say u love someone n lie to them?

Dont cheat n stay. If u do nt love, why nt leave?

Even if u must cheat, at least be kind enough to protect urself, dnt let her catch a disease. Cheating is a problem dat u av not hers. Witout u she wld still live, dont give her a life-threatening disease.

On the bolded, sometimes love is not just enough

• Downvote 1

its a two way thing. some ppl get caught up in relationships that if u tell them their partner is. cheating and u tell ur friend and she gets into a big row with her partner... when dey settle you might b painted d bad guy. Bt if u dnt and they find out u didn't... you're still d bad guy.

its so hard to decide sometimes

I concur Diff ;)

@simp3, Absolutely!...just last month, i had known 4 like *** wks, i wanted 2 double check n be sure b4 spilling.Trust me.i spilled as soon as i was sure.Dis time arnd i laffed in my friend's face bcos she was also cheating , lol..n she soo believd her partner cud neva cheat on her (i hear ya).'KARMA works magic' lol...personally,4 me, there's no 2nd chance, if u cheat on me, u take a quick walk out of my life abeg, there r some things we can't just deal with,(individually), 4 me its cheating, indecision and rudeness ,ah ! I have zero percent tolerance 4 rudness...enof of me jor.. SIMP3, no fear o hahahaha, except u don't like the truth sha :-P

@simp3, lol yes, in reality,i wasn't talking abt a movie, or wait o... No vex abeg, was ur initial question from a movie in the first place? ..those i relate with outside dis forum knws the type of person i am... Dis is the internet!some of us don't really knw who we truly are, do we now?..

@simp3, lol yes, in reality,i wasn't talking abt a movie, or wait o... No vex abeg, was ur initial question from a movie in the first place? ..those i relate with outside dis forum knws the type of person i am... Dis is the internet!some of us don't really knw who we truly are, do we now?..

LOL, I just wanted to be sure you practice what you preach...Happy Sunday

@simpl3,u r finding it hard to believe bcos u r not a loyal Person,no offense.Dat quality i have Is called LOYALTY...if u nid practicals,then,date any of my friends,cheat on her n see what happens..hehehehe..except not aware though..lol

@simpl3,u r finding it hard to believe bcos u r not a loyal Person,no offense.Dat quality i have Is called LOYALTY...if u nid practicals,then,date any of my friends,cheat on her n see what happens..hehehehe..except not aware though..lol

This is interesting, none taken, you can't judge me based on what i write/say here though.

If you'll match make me with your friend,I'm all in,but ensure she's 6 feet tall,pretty pink lips like one I'm staring @ right now,gorgeous eyes,lest i forget she must be endowed too,if you know what i mean ;)

Simp3..lol..u were questioning my opinion n dat sounded like " judging" to me.dats y i suggested practicals to u...Now,abt the "ENDOWNESS" hehehehe..trust me ,i know xactly what u mean,..