Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Toms dating each other

dequeen

That ain't an opinion,that's being homophobic. Jeez,be it studs,femmes,tomchics,whatever,in the end,we are all female, ya dig? So studs dating eachother ain't no biggie,just like femmes dating eachother.

before u comment read! I even concluded that ppl should love the person and not labels. so who is saying studs can't date?

define homophobic?

I can't date a tomboy, I find it weird.

I wud rather date a man,I am too masculine to date a tb(its like dating a man and I wud be irritated)

I believe the original poster asked for our individual opinions. now we are to drop our opinions without trying to make urs superior to others.

so what if we are all female,m I supposed to be attracted to every female?

I am not being homophobic but u are being a bigot

I don't get it. Someone says she doesn't like Toms and another says its not an opinion but 'homophobic'. Really. This is a forum not a school. If one cant differ while respecting opinions, its better not to say anything so you dont start a fight. Not everyone can easily walk away from rude/harsh comments. Have you been to the site when nobody posts or says anything for 14 days? Its like being in a graveyard. Now thats what happens when everybody goes away cos they're angry.

But really after breasts and p**sy is that all a girl has got? Yes we all have vaginas but is that all we look out for when searching for a mate? We all are women physically, true..but not mentally. Some girls are men mentally. They tink like men, anticipate like men. They av wat (characteristics dat aren't physical) distinguishes a man frm a woman and dats why they can neva be women 'mentally'. Now there's nothing anyone cn do abt dat. And if someone has sed she cn neva do toms, so be it. I cn totally relate to that. We all want someone dat'll complement us, not someone dat wld be a clash!

Wat d two of u do within d walls of ur home like cooking, cleaning wateva..and hw u choose to do it is ur own personal matter. A loving relationship afterall is d unconditional acceptance of one another's habits n values irrespective of society's beliefs and norms. Now this has got nothing to do wit cooking n washing. As a matter of fact, u cn do all d washing n cleaning well and nt love ur partner. U cn pay all d bills, not skip paying d bills and still wish ur gf wasn't home.

I don't get it. Someone says she doesn't like Toms n another says its not an opinion bt being homophobic. Rily. This is a forum not a school. If one cnt differ while respecting opinions, its beta not to say anytin so u dnt start a fight. Not everyone has d ability to walk away frm rude/harsh comments. Me I'm still learning. Av u bin to this site wen nobody posts or says anytin for like 7 days? Its like being in d graveyard. Now dats wat happens wen everybody goes away cz they're angry.

Bt rily after breasts n p**sy is dat all a girl has got? Yes we all av vaginas bt is dat all we look out for wen searching for a mate? We all r women physically, true..bt not mentally. Some girls are men mentally. They tink like men, anticipate like men. They av wat (characteristics dat aren't physical) distinguishes a man frm a woman and dats why they can neva be women 'mentally'. Now there's nothing anyone cn do abt dat. And if someone has sed she cn neva do toms, so be it. I cn totally relate to that. We all want someone dat'll complement us, not someone dat wld be a clash!

Wat d two of u do within d walls of ur home like cooking, cleaning wateva..and hw u choose to do it is ur own personal matter. A loving relationship after all is d unconditional acceptance of one another's habits n values irrespective of society's beliefs and norms. Now this has got nothing to do wit cooking n washing. As a matter of fact, u cn do all d washing n cleaning well and nt love ur partner. U cn pay all d bills, not skip paying d bills and still wish ur gf wasn't home.

10000likes

before u comment read! I even concluded that ppl should love the person and not labels. so who is saying studs can't date?

define homophobic?

I can't date a tomboy, I find it weird.

I wud rather date a man,I am too masculine to date a tb(its like dating a man and I wud be irritated)

I believe the original poster asked for our individual opinions. now we are to drop our opinions without trying to make urs superior to others.

so what if we are all female,m I supposed to be attracted to every female?

I am not being homophobic but u are being a bigot

well you mking your point in a kinda harsh way tho

In my opinion if a tboy dates a tboy,it simply means dey attracted to each other,it doesn't really matter..i mean they like each other ,so what?...personally I'm not attracted to tboys,never dated one,never will...and I'm not a tboy..its just preference thing.i hv some friends who are tomchicks n are pretty softhearted...we all hv dis physical qualities we admire apart frm personality.

• Moderators

hahaha u again. u are fond of shoving ur opinions down the throat.

it has nothing to do with heterowhatever but everything to do with how I believe my relationship should be. as a tb I can only date femme,and if any tb ask me out yes I will throw up.

everybody can not accept the things u accept,that's where tolerance and maturity cms in. we don't ask homophobic ppl for acceptance but for tolerance.

cooking is important in my relationship o,my relationship can't be like urs. the things u like can not also be same with min.

moresko learn to respect other ppls opinion. we are all different

First, because you like your "heteronormative" box and views about "gender" and "roles" does not mean I wouldn't point out absurdity of your statement. For you say you would "throw up" if a tomboy hits on you is an insult to people that consider themselves to be tomboys, please think about it. I respect YOU as a person, but I don't respect the opinion written. You made your point and I made mine, simple.

• Moderators

heteronormativity. I just learnt a new word...*smiling* . you can't blame us for being that way, its all we've known for most of our lives. I always thought it was all for the fun of it throughout secondary school. I thought it was cause there were no guys. Then it went on to the university and then one day you realize," this is not stopping, you cant stop it, you don't want to stop it". We still need time to understand some concepts.

Lol, I totally understand where you're coming from. Most people are aware of my position concerning labels, and so on; this is just a broader conversation about it.

First, because you like your "heteronormative" box and views about "gender" and "roles" does not mean I wouldn't point out absurdity of your statement. For you say you would "throw up" if a tomboy hits on you is an insult to people that consider themselves to be tomboys, please think about it. I respect YOU as a person, but I don't respect the opinion written. You made your point and I made mine, simple.

I feel u M, read the throwup statement she made nd I was like really?

She must be realllyyyyy pretty for her to throw up, cos another female asked her out

@dreamgal Being sensitive abt wt we write and say is key, u dont just write watever rushes to your brain, u wan throwup cos babe ask u out, omo ur punani must be flowin with milk and honey o

I feel u M, read the throwup statement she made nd I was like really?

She must be realllyyyyy pretty for her to throw up, cos another female asked her out

@dequeen Being sensitive abt wt we write and say is key, u dont just write watever rushes to your brain, u wan throwup cos babe ask u out, omo ur punani must be flowin with milk and honey o

I wasn't the one who made the throwing up sentence Evelyn. it was dreamgal I think......

I am a tomboy myself so I am also being insensitive to my self ryt.

I would be very irritated if a fellow tb ask me out. the tot of having something sexual with one will make my skin crawl.

its not something I have to explain to u or moresko.

after everything iris wrote,if u guys still don't get it,then there's nothing more to be said. na una sabi

For me, ill happily date a cute tomboy, a femme , a lipstick , chapticks, in fact all shades of women . The only condition is that the person be cute.

For me, ill happily date a cute tomboy, a femme , a lipstick , chapticks, in fact all shades of women . The only condition is that the person be cute.

@Daftpunk, r u a player?

I don't get it. Someone says she doesn't like Toms n another says its not an opinion bt being homophobic. Rily. This is a forum not a school. If one cnt differ while respecting opinions, its beta not to say anytin so u dnt start a fight. Not everyone has d ability to walk away frm rude/harsh comments. Me I'm still learning. Av u bin to this site wen nobody posts or says anytin for like 7 days? Its like being in d graveyard. Now dats wat happens wen everybody goes away cz they're angry.

Bt rily after breasts n p**sy is dat all a girl has got? Yes we all av vaginas bt is dat all we look out for wen searching for a mate? We all r women physically, true..bt not mentally. Some girls are men mentally. They tink like men, anticipate like men. They av wat (characteristics dat aren't physical) distinguishes a man frm a woman and dats why they can neva be women 'mentally'. Now there's nothing anyone cn do abt dat. And if someone has sed she cn neva do toms, so be it. I cn totally relate to that. We all want someone dat'll complement us, not someone dat wld be a clash!

Wat d two of u do within d walls of ur home like cooking, cleaning wateva..and hw u choose to do it is ur own personal matter. A loving relationship afterall is d unconditional acceptance of one another's habits n values irrespective of society's beliefs and norms. Now this has got nothing to do wit cooking n washing. As a matter of fact, u cn do all d washing n cleaning well and nt love ur partner. U cn pay all d bills, not skip paying d bills and still wish ur gf wasn't home.

M loving me some Iris.. u sure gat d words. Way to go hon

• 5 years later...
On 11/8/2014 at 3:15 PM, FlyJ said:

I don't do labels so when i see a woman, i see a woman. I don't see a tomboy or a tomgirl. In my opinion, being a lesbian means you are attracted to girls so a "tom" dating a girl isn't weird to me because they are both girls. 🙂

Are you comfortable with being out and about in public(Nigeria) with a "tomboy"? I know this is difficult for some.

• Administrators

Yes, I am, but it just depends on the State. People are more forgiving to lesbians than gays in Nigeria, IMHO.  

On 11/8/2014 at 8:01 PM, Abystacy said:

My ex is a tom and a fantastic cook as a matter of fact. It's a different thing if you don't know how to cook, I don't see why cooking and cleaning should be an ish or be delegated to one person because of some stupid crazy f***ked up stereotype drama. we are suppose to be a team, we ought to be able to take care of us and our respective others, therefore both of us should learn to cook for each other. that's my opinion anyways. We have to remove that old fashion tag that a woman's place should be in the kitchen. In the end we are all women. I mean still women. so what the fuzz... I can't deal.

What she said.