Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How do lesbians feel about bi-girls?

dequeen

i quite understaand why we lesbians are scared of dating bi......

like it or not guys they always end up with guys no matter the promises ya'll made to eachh other

but we dont choose who we fall inlove with

my advice to a lesbian dating a bi

dont make plans involving the future, cos you might end up taking that long walk all by yaa sef

• Like 1

Hahahaha,nawa o

Nobi small Nawaoo! I wonder what's so wrong with being a bi! I'm not a bi and I will careless if my gf is, so long as she's not a cheat.

• 4 months later...

I'm bisexual with no regrets at all.Yes my family comes first!.no I'm never gonna marry a girl even if its my wish..we all have our individual priorities.u get to know all these from day one n if doesn't slide well with u,then by all means u take a walk.whoever assumes being bisexual means confusion is lost...what would u say abt the "bi-curious" ones..whether u r bisexual,lesbian or straight.At some point ur relationship may go sour n u will all go ur separate ways...boo hoo! Being a lesbian doesn't make ur relationship with another lesbian safe!..i was born a bisexual n I'm soo loving it!

• 4 years later...
On 11/9/2014 at 12:05 PM, RedSafire said:

I hardly ever comment in this forum, I tend to be a bit controversial I guess!

Correct me on any of the following points:

1. To be truly a lesbian you will never get married in Nigeria?

2. even if you decide to have kids, societal demands require you produce a father?

***. Be honest with yourselves in this one, How many Nigerian women of 30, 40 and 50 in your locality is not attached to a man?

4. What do you call those your friends who have gone ahead to marry men and you were even in the wedding train?

I still stand that in Nigeria there's no truly lesbian women. I know lots of you will scream and throw all manners of obscenity but face it! I have a friend who knew she will always be a lesbian, today she is on asylum in Australia with her GF. If I get the opportunity I will do same but don't stay in this country with all the shadows waiting to swallow you up and claim to be a lesbian. As far as am concerned we are all bisexual here.

I agree that you are either a lesbian or not but within the Nigerian context that choice doesn't exist. Over 50 people have been jailed in this country since Dec 2013 and I don't see it ending soon. I would rather be with a woman but am awarre of the society I live in.

Its not black and white on most counts, 😁.

There is no well brought up, educated,  classy lesbian that can be jailed in Nigeria. The lesbians you are talking of are street lesbians, The unbreds,  And 9/10, its because they are dealing and involved in crime. 

1) There are married lesbians right here in lagos.. Living together, and in the eyes of the world, they are sisters or friends, even with kids.. My formers neighbors were married, and we all thought they were brothers for a long time.. The only difference is you cannot live your truth in nigeria,  I. e,  your wife would always be your sister or friend. 

2)/You can be out in Nigeria to family and friends, and in such case, they are your 'society' So if they know you are gay, they won't demand a father in the traditional way. 

And there are so many divorced women in their 30s, 40s and 50s.. We don't ask why they are single, do we? 😁 

You can be a lesbian in Nigeria, I am one and I have been living as one. I am not bisexual, and I can never turn into one because I am in Nigeria. 😁

I would never date a Bisexual again. They can be faithful to you, but most would always want to be with guys alongside. I cannot deal with that anymore. Been there, done that. Not falling for it anymore. If you are not a lesbian who is open to the idea of being married to a woman, then I cannot be with you. I want the whole nine yards. 

3 hours ago, Txunamy said:

😁

There is no well brought up, educated,  classy lesbian that can be jailed in Nigeria. The lesbians you are talking of are street lesbians, The unbreds,  And 9/10, its because they are dealing and involved in crime. 

Wow susu, so elitist.

But in other words, money stops nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Wow susu, so elitist.

But in other words, money stops nonsense.

Lol @ elitist.. Not really, but think about it. 

5 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Lol @ elitist.. Not really, but think about it. 

I agree that money stops nonsense and most importantly buys silence. But I disagree that those who have been victimized were victimized because they were involved in crimes.

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

I agree that money stops nonsense and most importantly buys silence. But I disagree that those who have been victimized were victimized because they were involved in crimes.

I was talking about those who actually go to jail,  not cases of those being victimized. There are some razz parties that have been raided, and I'll have you know that most of the ladies were found with hard substance on them. Those are the kinda people I was referring to. I am not in any way an elitist, but I cannot be in a position that would have me being arrested and sent to jail. 

9 hours ago, Txunamy said:

I was talking about those who actually go to jail,  not cases of those being victimized. There are some razz parties that have been raided, and I'll have you know that most of the ladies were found with hard substance on them. Those are the kinda people I was referring to. I am not in any way an elitist, but I cannot be in a position that would have me being arrested and sent to jail. 

So the use banned substances are what makes the party razz. Not the participants .. fair enough.

15 hours ago, Txunamy said:

I would never date a Bisexual again. They can be faithful to you, but most would always want to be with guys alongside. I cannot deal with that anymore. Been there, done that. Not falling for it anymore. If you are not a lesbian who is open to the idea of being married to a woman, then I cannot be with you. I want the whole nine yards. 

Hmmm, everyone is entitled to their reality, but generalizing that most bisexuals will want to keep a side guy while dating a lesbian, is far fetched. A few isolated cases from personal experience shouldn’t equate the norm. Like it or not, ones nature cannot and will never be changed. A cheater will be a cheater regardless of their sexual orientation! I get the sense your issue is not that she will cheat but, rather that she will cheat with a guy. So, it’s okay if it’s a girl? Ellen is the poster child for LGBTQI and she is married one, albeit happily for years. I haven’t read anywhere about her wife cheating. I would say the life span of every relationship is determined by how much love, loving, and respect exists between the two involved. Whether straight, bi, or lez, it’s doesn’t matter if you love without being “in-love”.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RedSafire said:

A cheater will be a cheater regardless of their sexual orientation!

Valid point!

Whether straight, bi, or lez, it’s doesn’t matter if you love without being “in-love”.

What's the difference between the two - "love", "being in-love"?

Honestly want to know.

Hmmm, everyone is entitled to their reality, but generalizing that most bisexuals will want to keep a side guy while dating a lesbian, is far fetched. A few isolated cases from personal experience shouldn’t equate the norm. Like it or not, ones nature cannot and will never be changed. A cheater will be a cheater regardless of their sexual orientation! I get the sense your issue is not that she will cheat but, rather that she will cheat with a guy. So, it’s okay if it’s a girl? Ellen is the poster child for LGBTQI and she is married one, albeit happily for years. I haven’t read anywhere about her wife cheating. I would say the life span of every relationship is determined by how much love, loving, and respect exists between the two involved. Whether straight, bi, or lez, it’s doesn’t matter if you love without being “in-love”.

My dear , I wrote what I did from experience. Ellen is damn lucky to have landed herself a faithful one.  Because I was burnt, I made a decision not to go down the bi route again. I realise this is a very sensitive topic, but its my truth. i hate cheating of any kind, but I would easily forgive a lady for cheating on me with another girl, than I would if she does it with a guy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

So the use banned substances are what makes the party razz. Not the participants .. fair enough.

Some participants too.. 

13 hours ago, Txunamy said:

😂 your use of the word razz 😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hawken said:

Money and nationality 😀

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Money and nationality 😀

Absolutely!

Some participants too.. 

I said it, elitist!

6 hours ago, RedSafire said:

Man, the biphobia in the community doesn't stem from "a few isolated cases". It is a pattern for the average bisexual lesbian in Nigeria to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend.

I can't blame them though, our society is hostile and homophobic. Therefore it makes sense that they are going to try to navigate or avoid all that hostility by dating men.

Because I was burnt, I made a decision not to go down the bi route again. I realise this is a very sensitive topic, but its my truth. i hate cheating of any kind, but I would easily forgive a lady for cheating on me with another girl, than I would if she does it with a guy. 

I understand this. Them cheating with men confirms your worst fears that you will never be enough, they will never pick you. It sucks. But I try to cut them some slack because of society.

However, this is a conversation I try to have early on when I'm getting to know a woman. And if she feels entitled to a bf because society, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

However, this is a conversation I try to have early on when I'm getting to know a woman. And if she feels entitled to a bf because society, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Exactly! 😁