Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

I need ur advise

pris30

I understand you, there are times we find ourselves in those positions, and its not a wrong thing. There's nothing wrong with hoping for a committed relationship, but there's everything wrong with not defining your relationship. So, don't be forced to take a decision that isn't yours.

If its too late to talk to her, you need to find another form of closure. Grieve, so you can move on.Console yourself with the fact that you meant well for both of you. The pain will pass and the hurt pride too. If its mostly the hurt pride, just close the door and forget. But if it is the love you felt or promises broken, take time to grieve and heal.

Chances are she will come back in future because true love is about sacrifice (which you made), and it isn't easy to come bye. When she returns, you may have successfully moved on.

Don't worry, most people will never understand why you can't easily let go.You two must have had a 'moment', why its hard to let go.

Next time, note that you have to define your relationship with your partner; are we exclusive?, do we continue to see other people?, communication?..

If you put your self out there on someone, without an agreement or being on the same page, chances still are they will walk all over you because not everyone is in for commitment

Ps: People don't just up! and move on, OP had big dreams of her life together with this other woman (albeit, without the woman's consent) so it won't be easy to just shut the door especially when she knows she's with someone new now. She didn't have closure. Can be a hard place to be in.

Thanks to u all.. The thing is that I love her so much and I am always the one that says sorry to her anytime we had quarrel and if I don't do that means she won't talk to me. She threatened to leave my house and I said leave, before I knew it she packed her bags and left. I tried begging her to come back but her new girl friend that stays in PH called me and said she don't want her going back to my house and that she told her how I have been maltreating her in my house. Since then, I have not had from her again and some of her things are still at my place. Still miss her sha.