Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Spate of embarassing events

kimi

You are a girl after my heart, Charice. Me, I was trying to make pizza. they said to preheat the oven. I thought "easy peasy".

Cooking 101: check if you have a gas oven or an electric oven.

So I turn the dial of the oven thinking it was an electric oven. Gas leaked in while I was kneading the dough.

I opened the oven thinking it'd be hot by now but of course it was cold. I take a peek in to see what the issue was, but its dark in there. So I grab the closest thing, a match.

Struck it and put my head in the oven and yes, kaboom!

My eyebrows, eyelashes, side burns and the hair on my arm all got singed... I smelt like asun for like 2 days.

You know how they burn the end of braids after weaving but it keeps snagging your cloths? That was how my lashes were for weeks! Sometimes the lashes would even get stuck on each other, I'll have to untangle them with my fingers so I can open my eyes!

Till this day, I don't do gas ovens anymore o. Never!

Mahnnn, this sounds painful.

• 2 weeks later...

You are a girl after my heart, Charice. Me, I was trying to make pizza. they said to preheat the oven. I thought "easy peasy".

Cooking 101: check if you have a gas oven or an electric oven.

So I turn the dial of the oven thinking it was an electric oven. Gas leaked in while I was kneading the dough.

I opened the oven thinking it'd be hot by now but of course it was cold. I take a peek in to see what the issue was, but its dark in there. So I grab the closest thing, a match.

Struck it and put my head in the oven and yes, kaboom!

My eyebrows, eyelashes, side burns and the hair on my arm all got singed... I smelt like asun for like 2 days.

You know how they burn the end of braids after weaving but it keeps snagging your cloths? That was how my lashes were for weeks! Sometimes the lashes would even get stuck on each other, I'll have to untangle them with my fingers so I can open my eyes!

Till this day, I don't do gas ovens anymore o. Never!

I cnt stop laffing I cn imagine hw u looked like lmao!

• 2 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:17 PM, kimi said:

Embarrassing things I did when I was younger ...

I just re-told the tale to a friend and she's laughing so hard almost peeing her pants.

It was my service year and I just got this awesome sagem phone *covers face* (hey! Sagem used to be my dream phone) Hahahaha. I'm shy!LOL. Anyways, I cleaned this phone every other hour and used wipes weekly to be sure it was germ free *covers face again*! Hahahaha

Then, on this not-so-faithful day, I wanted to get it charged. I plugged it to the source but it just wouldn't charge. So I thought of the most brilliant idea! I cut off the head from the cable, pulled the cable apart and inserted the wires directly into the socket. All I heard was 'kpa!' the phone blew and started to smell very burnt. I stood there in utter sadness... my brilliant idea wasn't so brilliant after all. Hahahahaha

Things we did when we were young! 😄

Share yours?

🤣🤣🤣 I got a cramp in my side after reading this. 

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Michelle said:

🤣🤣🤣 I got a cramp in my side after reading this. 

Hahahahaha... mehn... at the time, I was devastated. I suddenly felt light headed and could hear echoes between my ears. Lol. I definitely didn't see the explosion coming. 

• Haha 1