Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Hurtful and stupid things people have said to me when I came out

Phegore

1.So if you like girls,are you attracted to yourself? (stupid)

2.How donyou have sex?(apparently the most common and stupid)

3.How do you know u are a lesbian if you've never had sex with a man?(stupid... How do u know u are straight if uve never tasted p**sy ...lol)

4.Wanna have a threesome? ( disgusting and stupid...usually guys)

5.Really? But you're so pretty (insult disguised as a compliment)

6.What do you have agaisnt d**ck? (insensitive ..,my answer nothing personal)

7.You just haven't met the right man yet (durrrh I just told u I'm a lesbian ...I didn't question your heterosexuality...ooh a hurtful and stupid statement)

8 you are lucky I wish I was a lesbian.Things would be so much easier( insensitive ...right except for the hate crimes,bullying,higher sucide rates,fear of 14 years imprisonment etc)

9 you disgust me and you are going to hell (Ex roommate of mine actually ...very hurtful)

So to my question ..what are the hurtful or stupid questions or statements people have said to u ...when u came out or when they found out about your sexuality?

I don't tell people I feel cannot handle the truth so I really haven't got any hurtful thing said to me.

A lesbian co worker I introduced to my job got sacked because she's kind of a stud and it really hurt me like crazy.

Well, I still have a long life to live and when it happens I will return.

• Haha 1

I have a small circle of friends, carefully handpicked. And among the circle, Just a couple of them knows, and it was nothing to them. They see me for who I am to them, an amazing friend. 

I get really hurt when I read about the kinda hurtful words people use on someone because of who they choose to love/be.

I have never heard any of the above or any other choice words like that..

I wish I could see that ex room mate of yours that told you, you going to hell. I've got words for her and her likes. 

#hugs#

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, vina said:

I don't tell people I feel cannot handle the truth so I really haven't got any hurtful thing said to me.

A lesbian co worker I introduced to my job got sacked because she's kind of a stud and it really hurt me like crazy.

Well, I still have a long life to live and when it happens I will return.

I'm so sorry ur friend had to go thru that.

😂 @ I still have a long life to live and when it happens I will return ...I'll be here and hopefully when u decide to tell someone about it ..y'll receive nothing but love,support and acceptance.

6 minutes ago, Phegore said:

I'm so sorry ur friend had to go thru that.

😂 @ I still have a long life to live and when it happens I will return ...I'll be here and hopefully when u decide to tell someone about it ..y'll receive nothing but love,support and acceptance.

Awwwww, thanchu And never mind that homophobic Ass that Said You going to hell, no you won't... People Sef..

4 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

I have a small circle of friends, carefully handpicked. And among the circle, Just a couple of them knows, and it was nothing to them. They see me for who I am to them, an amazing friend. 

I get really hurt when I read about the kinda hurtful words people use on someone because of who they choose to love/be.

I have never heard any of the above or any other choice words like that..

I wish I could see that ex room mate of yours that told you, you going to hell. I've got words for her and her likes. 

#hugs#

Awww thanks 

it was really hurtful ...I'm usually very discreet ...she asked for my phone to make a call ..as she didn't have airtime.i didn't know she was one of those people that go to ur chats and messages (awon swippers) ...I was sleeping like a goat ...she read every single message I had on my phone(my chats and text message with my then girlfriend)...when I woke up ..everyone in my room started acting really strange  towards me ...even my bunk mate ..that usually sleeps naked ...wore a dress that night ...it was really awkward ...this continued for about a week...it was so uncomfortable and I decided to ask what everyone's problem was with me ...ivvy I opened pandora's box ...I was told I'm disgusting ...I'm going to hell ...I'm cursed ...and so many other hurtful words...someone even left the room and moved into her friends room.

Anyways I'm thankful it happened ...it made me reflect on myself and to think about why I was allowing people's opinions affect me so much...I made a decision that day to keep my head up and shake off all the hate.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Phegore said:

Awww thanks 

it was really hurtful ...I'm usually very discreet ...she asked for my phone to make a call ..as she didn't have airtime.i didn't know she was one of those people that go to ur chats and messages (awon swippers) ...I was sleeping like a goat ...she read every single message I had on my phone(my chats and text message with my then girlfriend)...when I woke up ..everyone in my room started acting really strange  towards me ...even my bunk mate ..that usually sleeps naked ...wore a dress that night ...it was really awkward ...this continued for about a week...it was so uncomfortable and I decided to ask what everyone's problem was with me ...ivvy I opened pandora's box ...I was told I'm disgusting ...I'm going to hell ...I'm cursed ...and so many other hurtful words...someone even left the room and moved into her friends room.

Anyways I'm thankful it happened ...it made me reflect on myself and to think about why I was allowing people's opinions affect me so much...I made a decision that day to keep my head up and shake off all the hate.

Awww too bad

Well they said they will give me  poison too eat and die(my sister) I stopped eating her food oo she has to beg me.

It is a sin even the bible said it, Sodom and Gomorrah, you will go to hell(my sister)

Whenever gay scenes come up  in a series or movie we are all watching she just turn to me and say " I know that's what you like disgusting!

A boy will never call you (she assumes any phone call I get is from my girlfriends)

9 hours ago, Phegore said:

Awww thanks 

Awww..

Nice one..thats the way to go. You don't give a rat's behind on whether people accepts you or not, or allow their opinions bother you one bit. They have the right to their homophobic opinion, and you also have the choice to not be in same space with such people. The people that love you, and accept you for who you are, is where you need to be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suavity said:

Well they said they will give me  poison too eat and die(my sister) I stopped eating her food oo she has to beg me.

It is a sin even the bible said it, Sodom and Gomorrah, you will go to hell(my sister)

Whenever gay scenes come up  in a series or movie we are all watching she just turn to me and say " I know that's what you like disgusting!

A boy will never call you (she assumes any phone call I get is from my girlfriends)

Aww.. 

Your family has a right to be upset or disgusted like in your sister's case. That's a given. She's disappointed, and it's understandable.however,since your sister knows already, you've got to learn to stand up for yourself, and maybe with time, she will come around. 

When next a gay scenes comes up in a movie y'all are watching, and she says 'I know that's what you like' you look at her and say ,you are right, this is who I am.it doesn't make me less of a human or your sister. 

With family, anger always gives way to acceptance most of the time. 

And if she threatens to poison your food again, ask her this question 'would you prefer me being dead and straight, or alive and gay' ?

I  think she's just kidding with the poison part though.. Lol

#hugs#

• Like 1

I haven't come out (not in my agenda), so haven't got any hurtful things said to me but I always and will forever have replys to any hateful words, I got degree in that. 

I always think aloud, why hating on people 'cause of their sexualities? If you ain't cool with it, then keep shut. I just don't get people who spit trash because of their nonsense beliefs. 

Phegore, forget them, they ain't worth your stress and sweat. They can keep hating. Who dem epp? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suavity said:

I'm so sorry ...hopefully one day some day she would have an open mind.

when I first came out to my fam...I told my elder brother last because I knew he was going to have a hard time accepting it ...he broke down in tears and kept asking me why?...he didn't talk to me for almost a year..how he became accepting today I don't even know.

suavity I promise u it will get better.

21 minutes ago, Teewhy said:

I haven't come out (not in my agenda), so haven't got any hurtful things said to me but I always and will forever have replys to any hateful words, I got degree in that. 

I always think aloud, why hating on people 'cause of their sexualities? If you ain't cool with it, then keep shut. I just don't get people who spit trash because of their nonsense beliefs. 

Phegore, forget them, they ain't worth your stress and sweat. They can keep hating. Who dem epp? 

😂 Na real who them help?

It so sad to hear all these hurtful  words.

l had never had such experiences tho, maybe because l don't front my sexuality or maybe people around me are to busy to pay attention.

l think something  close, would be when l was in secondary  school because l lived as an open lesbian and l was in a mixed school.

l had this serious  SU school  daughter that came to me the last night before she was transferred to a new school. She cried bitterly as if someone has died only to tell me she love me so much and she wants me to repent that what l was doing was wrong.

l felt so bad for her.

• Moderators

Rather saddening indeed. Breaks my heart

@Suavity it is such a pity and I do not agree that your sister has the right to be upset or disgusted. Out of respect to you, I will not use invectives on them.

I'm sorry you each have to go through or have gone through all the things you have posted.

*sighs*

58 minutes ago, Hipstar said:

Lmao... Before you rape her at night abi?

SMH

😂😂😂 no nah because I'm a lesbian ...any girl that passes I must look.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:20 PM, Phegore said:

even my bunk mate ..that usually sleeps naked ...wore a dress that night

But wait  first o. How you take sleep by her naked every night? You sure sai you dey be sleep well before so ?:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

1 hour ago, MENA said:

But wait  first o. How you take sleep by her naked every night? You sure sai you dey be sleep well before so ?:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Really Mena? She is a lesbian, not a flirt.. It's not unusual for girls to sleep naked in the midst of other girls. I'm a lesbian, I was in a relationship throughout my uni days, no one knew... I had a roommate in school, and on hot days, we slept Topless, same bed. I can sleep with a naked straight girl on same bed sef without having sexual thoughts. I just lock up..

Well, I am not speaking for Phegore, I am just saying that it's possible to sleep with a girl that is nude in same room without having any kinda feelings, and of course, you'd sleep well..:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

1 hour ago, Ivyy said:

Really Mena? She is a lesbian, not a flirt.. It's not unusual for girls to sleep naked in the midst of other girls. I'm a lesbian, I was in a relationship throughout my uni days, no one knew... I had a roommate in school, and on hot days, we slept Topless, same bed. I can sleep with a naked straight girl on same bed sef without having sexual thoughts. I just lock up..

Well, I am not speaking for Phegore, I am just saying that it's possible to sleep with a girl that is nude in same room without having any kinda feelings, and of course, you'd sleep well..:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

Ivyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! On the same bed o? Naked o?  So are you trying to say that the mid night turning at times and her nipple unconsciously touching you had never giving a thought? 

Ivvy, Talk true o, make devil Shame:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

52 minutes ago, MENA said:

Ivyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! On the same bed o? Naked o?  So are you trying to say that the mid night turning at times and her nipple unconsciously touching you had never giving a thought? 

Mena, I swear, you made me laugh out loud. :597f839311844_tw_grin1:

Well, our mattress was a large one. And not naked, I said topless.. 

And nipples ain't pin or needles.. They might look sharp, but they don't prick.. 

And even if she is naked, as long as she is straight, nothing is happening. I'm not among those that can convert a straight girl. I don't have the strength for the ensuing drama.. Lol

• Moderators
6 hours ago, MENA said:

So are you trying to say that the mid night turning at times and her nipple unconsciously touching you had never giving a thought? 

Hahahahaha. You are just a clown. Lol

16 hours ago, MENA said:

😂😂😂😂 u re a clown ...I dey sleep well joor 

13 hours ago, MENA said:

@ talk true o,make devil Shame ...mena it's very possible joor ...all thru my Uni days ..I kept seeing girls shower and even did slumber parties were we all slept really really close to each other ..I never had a dirty tot.