Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Gist And Small Talk Thread

VINA

7 minutes ago, dequeen said:

😂 hahaha!!! Just joking dear. I'm not a stud. Plus I'm not particular about the labels of who I date.

I am big on labels mbok. Very very.

So why did I get this mental picture of you being either a stud or a stem? My gaydar is confirmed to be useless again. Kikiki

Today l went out to a shop in the cause of our discussion, l wanted to say to the lady LA but l ended up saying NL and my friend just looked at me and burst into luaghter said to me you see yourself,  too much of NL.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MENA said:

Today l went out to a shop in the cause of our discussion, l wanted to say to the lady LA but l ended up saying NL and my friend just looked at me and burst into luaghter said to me you see yourself,  too much of NL.

Lmao. Odikwa risky. Addicted to NL now abi?

40 minutes ago, vina said:

Lmao. Odikwa risky. Addicted to NL now abi?

You go blame me? Reading NL trend is better than reading Nigeria News paper.

NL makes me smile when am bored 😁 

2 hours ago, MENA said:

You go blame me? Reading NL trend is better than reading Nigeria News paper.

NL makes me smile when am bored 😁 

True talk Sha.

A few days ago, i googled "whey protein". Sure enough,  a few hours later my IG was littered with sponsored ads of "whey protein'.

Fingerprinting. Irritating but i get it.

Yesterday i spoke to a friend about my new glasses and today i am seeing IG ads about glasses. I spoke! I didn't google, I SPOKE!

Eons ago, i restricted Instagrams access to my phones mic, so I don't get it. How are they doing it???

I am beyond irritated.

11 minutes ago, Hawken said:

A few days ago, i googled "whey protein". Sure enough,  a few hours later my IG was littered with sponsored ads of "whey protein'.

Fingerprinting. Irritating but i get it.

Yesterday i spoke to a friend about my new glasses and today i am seeing IG ads about glasses. I spoke! I didn't google, I SPOKE!

Eons ago, i restricted Instagrams access to my phones mic, so I don't get it. How are they doing it???

I am beyond irritated.

Wait! Are you saying they are monitoring our calls??

2 hours ago, vina said:

Yes.. But not monitoring per se. I believe they "listen' for key words. The then use it to refine the ads pushed to you.

But its still highly intrusive.

2 hours ago, vina said:

You know what, actually yes, they are monitoring our calls 🤣

I heard even our network providers do it.

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

Yes.. But not monitoring per se. I believe they "listen' for key words. The then use it to refine the ads pushed to you.

But its still highly intrusive.

Now that is very extreme. Na wa o

On 10/28/2018 at 10:45 PM, Hawken said:

You know what, actually yes, they are monitoring our calls 🤣

I heard even our network providers do it.

Wow wow wow!

• 2 weeks later...

You see, Before i joined this forum, i have been priviledged to have known and been with good girls..when i say good girls, i am not talking in terms of virtue all round, vices included.

i used The word good, cos They are kind, gentle, loving, and cannot hurt a soul..

And honest to God, i was Thinking the Average lesbian community would be same, you know, being girls and all..(This is the first ever lesbian forum/site/group i have joined)

But Alas, its just like what i have heard and read about heteros..same way some guys talk down on girls, same way they kiss and tell, same foul manner, same downright disrespectful manner, same everything..

I am Referring to the anonymous section..The kind of things i read there is mortifying.. For lack of a better word.

I know i have had my moments on here where i had been forced to type certain things against my( better judgement)on here..(Not my proudest moments)

But i am also a firm believer in self control which has always been my guiding light, and that which i also try 99.% of the time to pratice..( the 1% are my lapses)

I wish we can be more accomodating and tolerant of each other's excesses..

People are a handful, i know.. But looking away won't hurt..😁

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

You see, Before i joined this forum, i have been priviledged to have known and been with good girls..when i say good girls, i am not talking in terms of virtue all round, vices included.

i used The word good, cos They are kind, gentle, loving, and cannot hurt a soul..

And honest to God, i was Thinking the Average lesbian community would be same, you know, being girls and all..(This is the first ever lesbian forum/site/group i have joined)

But Alas, its just like what i have heard and read about heteros..same way some guys talk down on girls, same way they kiss and tell, same foul manner, same downright disrespectful manner, same everything..

I am Referring to the anonymous section..The kind of things i read there is mortifying.. For lack of a better word.

I know i have had my moments on here where i had been forced to type certain things against my( better judgement)on here..(Not my proudest moments)

But i am also a firm believer in self control which has always been my guiding light, and that which i also try 99.% of the time to pratice..( the 1% are my lapses)

I wish we can be more accomodating and tolerant of each other's excesses..

People are a handful, i know.. But looking away won't hurt..😁

I like to believe most of the vile comments in the anonymous section aren't from members here. Anyone visiting without an account can post there. And you know, people on the internet love to troll anonymously. 

I used to be there with my bad grammar and crappy topics till the haters took over and well, I have an account, why the heck should I be there? 

I like to think that some people with mental issues who have refused to seek help are there talking with "themselves" and replying "themselves".

How the hell do you have a conversation of about 20replies with just yourself??? Ha!!!! I fear mortals oooo. Just look the other way dear, it's all part of life. I'm definitely used to it.

For the legit anonymous willing to join and making honest comments tho, y'all are valid. #one love!!!.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mimy said:

I like to believe most of the vile comments in the anonymous section aren't from members here. Anyone visiting without an account can post there. And you know, people on the internet love to troll anonymously. 

Lool. I assure you that 90% are members. It is sad and distasteful. You know yourselves, I know a few of you. 

• Moderators

Dear @Ivyy sadly, it is the world we live in. People taking out their frustrations on others. I have been on another paid international site where women are better behaved. When services are free, you get all sorts. But you know what? From the new year we must act better. I for one would take these things more seriously and impose consequences on less than satisfactory behaviour. 

Any form of abuse should not be tolerated. It's high time we all individually and collectively build the sort of environment we want here. 

...very soon, people would have to abide by the forum rules or be excused. 

22 minutes ago, kimi said:

Dear @Ivyy sadly, it is the world we live in. People taking out their frustrations on others. I have been on another paid international site where women are better behaved. When services are free, you get all sorts. But you know what? From the new year we must act better. I for one would take these things more seriously and impose consequences on less than satisfactory behaviour. 

Any form of abuse should not be tolerated. It's high time we all individually and collectively build the sort of environment we want here. 

Her holiness is speaking 👌👏🙌

49 minutes ago, kimi said:

Lool. I assure you that 90% are members. It is sad and distasteful. You know yourselves, I know a few of you. 

I believe these posts pass through you for validation, yea? Why do you let them pass? 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mimy said:

I believe these posts pass through you for validation, yea? Why do you let them pass? 

Correct. It is vetted by anyone who has the admin/moderator rights and well said, I have been guilty of letting a few pass in the past and that is why I am doing better now and have been for a while.  When I do approve it is because I consider them a general opinion even if it may be critical of another's. I usually would not approve malicious comments but you wouldn't know this because you never get to see them. 

My advise to everyone reading is: Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Like I stated earlier, I know some of you who post such unspeakable things

13 hours ago, Mimy said:

I'll like to believe so too..

10 hours ago, kimi said:

Nice one Arch.. 😀