Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Gist And Small Talk Thread

VINA

2 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. She's full of innocence. An Archbishop would know 🙄

Thank you Arch for testifying on my Behalf..

You see, It takes an Arch to know, just like A shepard knows His Sheep..

Lol..

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

You say In nursery school??  She's obviously still a terrorist!

@Txunamy

Lool..

I Am Adding Being a Terrorist to my long list of Crimes..

You sure we Don't have Them Anti terrorist Agencies on Here? Lol

Its Just Fun and games people..Lol

• Haha 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Thank you Arch for testifying on my Behalf..

You see, It takes an Arch to know, just like A shepard knows His Sheep..

Lol..

Hahahaha. 

• 3 weeks later...

*Funny conversation I had yesterday with a friend*

So yesterday I congratulated a friend on her wedding anniversary. And we had a chitchat afterwards on a familiar topic ignited by a familiar spirit that took possession of a familiar  TV host. 

After discussing the implications of the lady's unguided utterances, she said; "I'm afraid, their marriage might not last forever."

So I played the devil's advocate and asked if she thinks her marriage would last forever? She answered in the affirmative and then swiftly added "By God's grace"

"Your marriage will not last forever," I quickly added. I could see the shock on her face with countless drooling emoji sent almost immediately. 

"Obviously, you're not going to live forever. What makes you think your marriage will last forever? That's just a wishful thinking plastered with loads of cheerful facades." I told her.

"In reality, I can only hope it lasts a lifetime -- your lifetime. And you'd be lucky if the thought of suicide never crossed you damn mind within those goddamn periods." 

"However," I continued, "if you insist on a union that lasts forever,  take a ride that leads to self discovery and go fall madly in love with yourself. It's not selfish; it's the most selfless thing you can do for yourself.( this I have learnt over time)

As expected, I was bound immediately by the precious blood of Jesus. Like chic was bounding and casting me literally.. Lol. My friend wants her marriage to last forever without thinking of being forever young --in body and soul.  It quite amusing, I tell you.

So it is that sexual equality posted a topic on Instagram about gay couples and signing their names on their kids birth certificate. Hundreds of lesbian couples commenting about how unfair the system is to them. Some had to sign under father, while some couldn't at all. Others had it good as mother and mother and while some thoughtful states were listed as parent 1 and parent 2.

Then I commented on how they were agitating for this when in my country, it was still illegal to be gay. 14 whooping years for being gay and it sounded even weird to type it. It's 2018 and in my country, I could be jailed for kissing a woman.

Hahahhhah. A lot of comments came as usual, filled with pity and outright shock and surprise and I felt very ashamed that I was from a backward thinking country in every ramification.

4 hours ago, Blakky said:

So it is that sexual equality posted a topic on Instagram about gay couples and signing their names on their kids birth certificate. Hundreds of lesbian couples commenting about how unfair the system is to them. Some had to sign under father, while some couldn't at all. Others had it good as mother and mother and while some thoughtful states were listed as parent 1 and parent 2.

Then I commented on how they were agitating for this when in my country, it was still illegal to be gay. 14 whooping years for being gay and it sounded even weird to type it. It's 2018 and in my country, I could be jailed for kissing a woman.

Hahahhhah. A lot of comments came as usual, filled with pity and outright shock and surprise and I felt very ashamed that I was from a backward thinking country in every ramification.

People who don't have issues are looking for wahala where there is none.. Signing under father or parent 1 or 2 is a problem?

Me? I would sign under Grandmother, Aunty, uncle, cousin, whatever.. 

Bottom line is i have my wife and our baby right? that's all that matters to me.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:31 PM, Txunamy said:

People who don't have issues are looking for wahala where there is none.. Signing under father or parent 1 or 2 is a problem?

Me? I would sign under Grandmother, Aunty, uncle, cousin, whatever.. 

Bottom line is i have my wife and our baby right? that's all that matters to me.

Lool. Are you a man? Why should you sign under father? They should review it jor. 

At least now I know the states and countries I can consider going to give birth. Mother and mother is cool.

Amebo international. So I hear Domo released a diss track for Crissy and it's real dirty and now she's spilling all the tea on Twitter.

Break ups are messy eh.

1 hour ago, Blakky said:

Lool. Are you a man? Why should you sign under father? They should review it jor. 

At least now I know the states and countries I can consider going to give birth. Mother and mother is cool.

Lol. I can be a man because of that

Patriotic Nigerians, let's go and watch the Vice presidential debates. This ought to be exciting especially on twitter! The hashtag on Twitter is #2019Debate

1 hour ago, dequeen said:

Patriotic Nigerians, let's go and watch the Vice presidential debates. This ought to be exciting especially on twitter! The hashtag on Twitter is #2019Debate

I'm following keenly.

Fighting corruption is not an economic policy, it is not that you can't fight corruption, but you can fight it more aggressively while addressing economic issues. - Peter Obi. #2019Debate

Peter obi is stealing the show 😂

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

I'm following keenly.

Fighting corruption is not an economic policy, it is not that you can't fight corruption, but you can fight it more aggressively while addressing economic issues. - Peter Obi. #2019Debate

Peter obi is stealing the show 😂

Dude didn't come there to play. He served it hot! 

Osinbajo was such an embarrassment! Lying for most of the debate. That man won't get ticket to enter rapture bus. Hell fire one way for him.

The other candidates to me came there for body count. From the one who kept reminding us that she is a mother to the one who was experiencing serious stage fright and so lost eloquence, to the one not making any point at all.

Peter Obi won the crown hands down!

Let's see what January 9th for the presidential will bring. Buhari Jubril should better show.

• Haha 1

So like play like play peter obi would emerge the VP?

This life ehh, don't look down on no one..

We live in a shitty world Sha..More saddening,, a shitty country.

7 hours ago, Txunamy said:

So like play like play peter obi would emerge the VP?

This life ehh, don't look down on no one..

We live in a shitty world Sha..More saddening,, a shitty country.

No one can tell for now who will emerge winner from the elections because no one knows the extent to which APC are desperate to hold on to power. Ekiti state elections and ondo state elections should tell you something. 

1 hour ago, dequeen said:

No one can tell for now who will emerge winner from the elections because no one knows the extent to which APC are desperate to hold on to power. Ekiti state elections and ondo state elections should tell you something. 

Yeah, i know...its just a gut feeling😃

Am I the only one disappointed with the debate? E no even tough sef.

I was expecting action movie with actor and boss!! Alas just a lot of dry dry talks. I expected more eeeee