Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Favorite Fast food/Restaurant

VINA

So I  am a foodie...(can i get an Amen??)

i could eat for a living but lucky me, or thanks to good genes, i am ever petite and i no where look near my age. 

Back to topic..  Which is your favorite fast food/restaurant.

what is your special?

why do you like the fast food/restaurant?

Lets do a review.

Living in Lagos, I don't have any favorite fast food/restaurant/mama put. 

Being a culinary genius, *Bows* I go for where the wild things are. I love to try out new restaurants, fast foods, and of course, mama put. 

I like exotic foods a lot, and it's expensive eating out, so once in a while, I eat out in exotic places and try to recreate same dish my style. 

I like to fuse different cultures and continents into one when cooking, and if I want to spoil myself, there are choice places where mouth watering intercontinental dishes are served. 

I don't think I have a favorite seeing as there are sooo many places one can eat out here in Lagos. It all depends on your pocket. 

There is 'Bottles' In VI where you can get Mexican cuisine, and for Chinese there is 'prime' In Lekki. And if you are feeling Thai, there 'orchid' in VI where you can have the finest Thai cuisine. I'll stop here, can't be doing free reviews.  

A platter in those places would set you back by 12k or more, depends. 

And oh, 'Double four' restaurant have the best fried chicken wings with tomato sauce dipping.

Then of course, there are so many iya basiras, iya munirat and co with their sizzling palm oil stew with ogufe(goat meat) I also enjoy eating that. 

Then there are some good restaurants I patronise for their banga soup with cat fish or Afang and white soup. Seeing as I don't swallow, I often accompany the soups with white rice. 

These days I have slowed down cos the economy get as e be, plus I'm watching my height. Can't afford to be too tall now. 😁 😁 

I hope to start a food /travel blog someday. 

• Like 1

Why pick a favourite when there are so many places to choose from?

I don’t have a favourite. Tbh there is no restaurant that ticks all the boxes for me but there are some restaurants I go to regularly. Choice of restaurant depends on my mood and what I feel like having. For instance, if I want good pizza, I’d go to Pizzeriah. If I want good BBQ, I’d go to Nok.

A few restaurants and cafes I go to regularly:

South

BL 

La Brioche

Crust and Cream

Safi

Orchid Bistro 

Noir

Bay Lounge

Sabor

Sugarcane 

Shiro

La Taverna 

Nok

HSE Gourmet 

Danfo Bistro

Circa Lagos

Bottles Restaurant 

The Dinning Room

12 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I don’t have a favourite. Tbh there is no restaurant that ticks all the boxes for me but there are some restaurants I go to regularly. Choice of restaurant depends on my mood and what I feel like having. For instance, if I want good pizza, I’d go to Pizzeriah. If I want good BBQ, I’d go to Nok.

South

BL 

La Brioche

Crust and Cream

Safi

Orchid Bistro 

Noir

Bay Lounge

Aha! I knew you'd come through..  

• Like 1

For me i think cold stone creamery always comes through for me. 

@ivyy and @Damiee that escalated quickly, i feel my head buzzing with  names.

I should eat a meal for 12k or more??? Omo that waiter and the manager go need to use plier open my hand to collect the money... 

Iya favor comes through o, forgerrit. Iya favor jollof for 3h is a 3 course meal wrapped in one.

for pizza Debonairs does it.

I enjoy take outs from De place too.

• Haha 1

There's iya bose down my street with a small koisk like that,  she's managing, and her food is all shades of awesomeness.  I think that's my favorite. 

3 hours ago, vina said:

I should eat a meal for 12k or more??? Omo that waiter and the manager go need to use plier open my hand to collect the money...

The was the same thing I thought when I saw @Ivyy post. I was like "enh? Enh? Enh?" 😂

I remember when I went out to eat with somebody in one sea food place like this and they gave us bill of like 11k+. The way my heart skipped 😂😂 but we shared the bill I think. Or did she pay... I can't remember. But after that day, I avoided the restaurant like the plague.

I mean c'mon, that's a plate of Asun x11. I could have eaten Asun 11 times with that money 😭😭

Yes, I calculate my food expenditure in plates of Asun. If after converting its worth it, I buy the meal. If it's not, I go with something/somewhere else.

The only thing I don't convert to Asun is KFC and pizza. They are always worth it 😀

I don't have favorite restaurants but I have favourite things from a particular restaurant.

Meat Pie - Mr Biggs & Tastee.

Crusty chicken - KFC

Sharwama - One place like this in abuja. I was eating this shawarma and it looked like it would never finish. Nothing makes me as happy as eating a meal that looks like it will never finish 😭😭 nothing.

Anyway as i dont live in abuja , sharwama and co does it steady for me in Lagos.

Pizza - debonairs/dominos. More of dominos because they are irritatingly down my street.

Asun - The Place

Swallow and soups - Tulips and Orchids.

Chicken and chips - Tulips and Orchids.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hawken said:

The was the same thing I thought when I saw @Ivyy post. I was like "enh? Enh? Enh?" 😂

I remember when I went out to eat with somebody in one sea food place like this and they gave us bill of like 11k+. The way my heart skipped 😂😂 but we shared the bill I think. Or did she pay... I can't remember. But after that day, I avoided the restaurant like the plague.

I mean c'mon, that's a plate of Asun x11. I could have eaten Asun 11 times with that money 😭😭

Yes, I calculate my food expenditure in plates of Asun. If after converting its worth it, I buy the meal. If it's not, I go with something/somewhere else.

The only thing I don't convert to Asun is KFC and pizza. They are always worth it 😀

I don't have favorite restaurants but I have favourite things from a particular restaurant.

Meat Pie - Mr Biggs & Tastee.

Crusty chicken - KFC

Sharwama - One place like this in abuja. I was eating this shawarma and it looked like it would never finish. Nothing makes me as happy as eating a meal that looks like it will never finish 😭😭 nothing.

Anyway as i dont live in abuja , sharwama and co does it steady for me in Lagos.

Pizza - debonairs/dominos. More of dominos because they are irritatingly down my street.

Asun - The Place

Swallow and soups - Tulips and Orchids.

Chicken and chips - Tulips and Orchids.

LMAO! 

I swear., spending such amount on food when eating out alone doesn't make much sense to me, except you with friends. I don't go alone..well, save for a couple of times. And Its always cos I want to recreate same dish at home. 

These days, I cook my exotic meals at home. Thankfully we have supermarkets that sell all kinds of produce and spice from around the world.

Never been to Tulips and orchids. Would check them out someday. 

Sharwama and co is nice. I enjoy their veggie sharwama. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vina said:

For me i think cold stone creamery always comes through for me. 

@ivyy and @Damiee that escalated quickly, i feel my head buzzing with  names.

Iya favor comes through o, forgerrit. Iya favor jollof for 3h is a 3 course meal wrapped in one.

for pizza Debonairs does it.

I enjoy take outs from De place too.

Lol. Nothing beats 'mama put me rice 100, plantain 100, meat and fish. Then you wash it away with a bottle of cold coke. 

Its a sin I tell ya. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawken said:

Lwkmd. You even tried. I don't hesitate to ask price before i sit down sef. I cannot even shout.

thats  how someone took me on a date to a Chinese restaurant in v.i.. Bought one miserable Chinko rice that i dont understand and paid over thirty thousand for both of us. A plate was about 10k.

it wasnt my money but shiiiit pained me. Geez! In fact i stopped speaking to him. I cannot stand  excessive spending. All my exes sef know, if you are going to buy me a gift, it shouldnt even be expensive, otherwise i will just flip. Ahn ahn!!!

11 hours ago, Damiee said:

South

BL 

La Brioche

Crust and Cream

Safi

Orchid Bistro 

Noir

Bay Lounge

@Damiee Have you tried Bay lounge's spring roll with shrimps and mayonnaise filling? You should if you haven't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

LMAO! 

I swear., spending such amount on food when eating out alone doesn't make much sense to me, except you with friends. I don't go alone..well, save for a couple of times. And Its always cos I want to recreate same dish at home. 

These days, I cook my exotic meals at home. Thankfully we have supermarkets that sell all kinds of produce and spice from around the world.

Never been to Tulips and orchids. Would check them out someday. 

Sharwama and co is nice. I enjoy their veggie sharwama. 

See ehn, you need to organize one dinner for the girls. (Girls night). 3 course meal, lets coman test ur culinary prowess. Ahn ahn...... 

5 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Lol. Nothing beats 'mama put me rice 100, plantain 100, meat and fish. Then you wash it away with a bottle of cold coke. 

Its a sin I tell ya. 

Loool. Last last, this is the truth...

What of this new one i see around on the island. Something Bukka Hut or something.

excuse me for thinking it would be cheap because the name is Bukka..... Lool

1 minute ago, vina said:

See ehn, you need to organize one dinner for the girls. (Girls night). 3 course meal, lets coman test ur culinary prowess. Ahn ahn...... 

Loool. Last last, this is the truth...

😁 😁 

Not a bad idea. Sometime in the future, we could plan something. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vina said:

What of this new one i see around on the island. Something Bukka Hut or something.

excuse me for thinking it would be cheap because the name is Bukka..... Lool

Yups. It is relatively cheap. Almost the same price with The Place, I've eaten there once and i cant complain. Also their suya is greattt!

2 hours ago, Ivyy said:

😁 😁 

Not a bad idea. Sometime in the future, we could plan something. 

Count me in ohhhh... As per i dont know how to cook, i will wash the plates as my contribution.

Abeg why is everybody saying VI/Lekki nah .....Mainland peeps like us nkor???

Anyways cool restaurants on the mainland  to name a few are:

Yellow chili-ikeja 

La mango-ikeja 

Seven Eagles spur-ikeja 

Rhapsody-ikeja 

Magrellos-Ogudu 

White House- Yaba 

Ola iya-surulere

The place -Ikeja 

Abeg if u stay on the mainland ...add yours....I'm a foodie.

1 hour ago, Phegore said:

Abeg why is everybody saying VI/Lekki nah .....Mainland peeps like us nkor???

Anyways cool restaurants on the mainland  to name a few are:

Yellow chili-ikeja 

La mango-ikeja 

Seven Eagles spur-ikeja 

Rhapsody-ikeja 

Magrellos-Ogudu 

White House- Yaba 

Ola iya-surulere

The place -Ikeja 

Abeg if u stay on the mainland ...add yours....I'm a foodie.

I remember when i used to live in yaba. White house was the shiiiii.. Oshey. U sef don chop tire. Tiri gbosa for you.

9 minutes ago, vina said:

I remember when i used to live in yaba. White house was the shiiiii.. Oshey. U sef don chop tire. Tiri gbosa for you.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

On 6/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, Ivyy said:

@Damiee Have you tried Bay lounge's spring roll with shrimps and mayonnaise filling? You should if you haven't. 

No I haven’t. I don’t like mayonnaise lol but I’ll definitely give it a try when next i’m there. Thanks 😌

On 6/18/2018 at 8:54 PM, Ivyy said:

Aha! I knew you'd come through..  

Lol! 

• Moderators
On 6/19/2018 at 9:34 AM, Ivyy said:

I can testidy to the fact that this is absolutely divine. I haven't tries theirs but the one I had was very addictive.

There are things I don't bother having favorites in and food tops the list.  I LOOOVE to cook, that was what got me laid during my school days. 

I used to have a menu booklet then and I'll make my babes choose what they want and I'll prepare it for them, the good old days. 

I hardly east out but in Enugu here the options are limited, it's just Octopus for Chinese, Chao miea for Chicken wings and Crunches for shawama and Golden Toast at the mall got me on their pizza then the almighty Cold Stone. 

Have surprisingly not had Ice cream in a while for some reason. I miss Abuja sha