Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Favorite Fast food/Restaurant

VINA

29 minutes ago, kimi said:

I can testidy to the fact that this is absolutely divine. I haven't tries theirs but the one I had was very addictive.

👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, Damiee said:

Why pick a favourite when there are so many places to choose from?

I don’t have a favourite. Tbh there is no restaurant that ticks all the boxes for me but there are some restaurants I go to regularly. Choice of restaurant depends on my mood and what I feel like having. For instance, if I want good pizza, I’d go to Pizzeriah. If I want good BBQ, I’d go to Nok.

A few restaurants and cafes I go to regularly:

South

BL 

La Brioche

Crust and Cream

Safi

Orchid Bistro 

Noir

Bay Lounge

An update to this list is Grill by Delis.

On Monday, June 18, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Txunamy said:

Living in Lagos, I don't have any favorite fast food/restaurant/mama put. 

Being a culinary genius, *Bows* I go for where the wild things are. I love to try out new restaurants, fast foods, and of course, mama put. 

I like exotic foods a lot, and it's expensive eating out, so once in a while, I eat out in exotic places and try to recreate same dish my style. 

I like to fuse different cultures and continents into one when cooking, and if I want to spoil myself, there are choice places where mouth watering intercontinental dishes are served. 

I don't think I have a favorite seeing as there are sooo many places one can eat out here in Lagos. It all depends on your pocket. 

There is 'Bottles' In VI where you can get Mexican cuisine, and for Chinese there is 'prime' In Lekki. And if you are feeling Thai, there 'orchid' in VI where you can have the finest Thai cuisine. I'll stop here, can't be doing free reviews.  

A platter in those places would set you back by 12k or more, depends. 

And oh, 'Double four' restaurant have the best fried chicken wings with tomato sauce dipping.

Then of course, there are so many iya basiras, iya munirat and co with their sizzling palm oil stew with ogufe(goat meat) I also enjoy eating that. 

Then there are some good restaurants I patronise for their banga soup with cat fish or Afang and white soup. Seeing as I don't swallow, I often accompany the soups with white rice. 

These days I have slowed down cos the economy get as e be, plus I'm watching my height. Can't afford to be too tall now. 😁 😁 

I hope to start a food /travel blog someday. 

Hiiii. Do you have an idea where  I can  get really good Banga soup and catfish on the island. 

1 hour ago, omomegbe said:

Hiiii. Do you have an idea where  I can  get really good Banga soup and catfish on the island. 

Nope..no idea

But i know some fast foods have banga and starch on their menu.

For catfish, its everywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omomegbe said:

Chai!!! I wish you were in Abuja. Damn!! There is one starch like that with cat fish that can change the way you see lif.. lmao!! Damn! I had to get take outs.

2 hours ago, Blakky said:

Chai!!! I wish you were in Abuja. Damn!! There is one starch like that with cat fish that can change the way you see lif.. lmao!! Damn! I had to get take outs.

@Blakky i don't know if you know maitama well..There is one garden where they do point and kill catfish..Lordy! That remains the best catfish i have ever eaten. Very big and well seasoned..

There is another garden at kubwa(can't remember the name too) where they do same point and kill, but maitama's is better.

Oh, and Golden mama for yoruba delicacy..

Good food wee nor kee me.

The most delicious stew i have ever tasted in my life was in Kaduna..

Boy! That state used to be soooo fine. Talk of good food, good weather, Affordable lifestyle, stable power supply, everything mahn..

But, insurgency won't let That state be great..

Chai, Kaduna My Kaduna..

4 hours ago, omomegbe said:

You should try mega chicken after the second toll Gate in Lekki. I know atleast 4people that buy from them, and they've never complained, so it has to be good. 

1 hour ago, Redvelvet said:

You should try mega chicken after the second toll Gate in Lekki. I know atleast 4people that buy from them, and they've never complained, so it has to be good. 

Thank youuuuu. Will try it in the new week.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Txunamy said:

@Blakky i don't know if you know maitama well..There is one garden where they do point and kill catfish..Lordy! That remains the best catfish i have ever eaten. Very big and well seasoned..

There is another garden at kubwa(can't remember the name too) where they do same point and kill, but maitama's is better.

Oh, and Golden mama for yoruba delicacy..

Good food wee nor kee me.

I probably have been there. I don't know the names or locations of these places. I have a friend, a foodie like you that takes me along on an eating spree.

Come to Abuja soon na.... Ahn ahn..

• 3 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 2:24 AM, Hawken said:

The was the same thing I thought when I saw @Ivyy post. I was like "enh? Enh? Enh?" 😂

I remember when I went out to eat with somebody in one sea food place like this and they gave us bill of like 11k+. The way my heart skipped 😂😂 but we shared the bill I think. Or did she pay... I can't remember. But after that day, I avoided the restaurant like the plague.

I mean c'mon, that's a plate of Asun x11. I could have eaten Asun 11 times with that money 😭😭

Yes, I calculate my food expenditure in plates of Asun. If after converting its worth it, I buy the meal. If it's not, I go with something/somewhere else.

The only thing I don't convert to Asun is KFC and pizza. They are always worth it 😀

I don't have favorite restaurants but I have favourite things from a particular restaurant.

Meat Pie - Mr Biggs & Tastee.

Crusty chicken - KFC

Sharwama - One place like this in abuja. I was eating this shawarma and it looked like it would never finish. Nothing makes me as happy as eating a meal that looks like it will never finish 😭😭 nothing.

Anyway as i dont live in abuja , sharwama and co does it steady for me in Lagos.

Pizza - debonairs/dominos. More of dominos because they are irritatingly down my street.

Asun - The Place

Swallow and soups - Tulips and Orchids.

Chicken and chips - Tulips and Orchids.

abeg where this abuja shawarma dey??  Hawken come thraa. make I go chow am this evening.  I'm horngry.

9 hours ago, Blakky said:

abeg where this abuja shawarma dey??  Hawken come thraa. make I go chow am this evening.  I'm horngry.

Lmao I don forget the name 😆 sorry enh

On 6/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, Damiee said:

Why pick a favourite when there are so many places to choose from?

I don’t have a favourite. Tbh there is no restaurant that ticks all the boxes for me but there are some restaurants I go to regularly. Choice of restaurant depends on my mood and what I feel like having. For instance, if I want good pizza, I’d go to Pizzeriah. If I want good BBQ, I’d go to Nok.

A few restaurants and cafes I go to regularly:

South

BL 

La Brioche

Crust and Cream

Safi

Orchid Bistro 

Noir

Bay Lounge

Sabor

Sugarcane 

Shiro

La Taverna 

Nok

HSE Gourmet 

Danfo Bistro

Circa Lagos

Bottles Restaurant 

The Dinning Room

@Michelle there you go. Just updated it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Damiee said:

@Michelle there you go. Just updated it. 

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽👌🏽

4 minutes ago, kimi said:

🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽👌🏽

Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Michelle said:

@Txunamy do you eat these?

Hahahahahahahaha... na wa o..... the Warri pikin is funny. I enjoyed the documentary. Lol. But mehn.... I went through a myriad of emotions while watching. But wow!

@Damiee stop pretending pliss 😐🙃🙄

Lmao this thing is normal in Delta and Edo naa... When i was younger, i used to eat it. Even used to like it. I particularly liked the head because it was crunchy.

That was when i was young. Now i'm just absolutely disgusted. I wonder why...

Lmao. A lot of things you actually eat, lots of people can't believe you actually eat it. So that one dey.

Edible worms are very delicious, so I have heard since I was young but I have never had the pleasure to taste them. I really do hope that I can taste it soon.

Looks yummy actually..