Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Why discrimination between lesbians and Bisexuals

Ewoma

Its Christmas and almost everyone is celebrating.  Now if you have a bisexual babe that sees it right to get assistance or gift only from her boyfriend and not from you.

Will you feel good about that?

Will you keep that relationship?

7 minutes ago, MENA said:

Its Christmas and almost everyone is celebrating.  Now if you have a bisexual babe that sees it right to get assistance or gift only from her boyfriend and not from you.

Will you feel good about that?

Will you keep that relationship?

Bisexual or not why would anyone wanna be dating a man and a woman at once if it's supposed to be exclusive.. That's insane. 

56 minutes ago, DipBluSae said:

Bisexual or not why would anyone wanna be dating a man and a woman at once if it's supposed to be exclusive.. That's insane. 

Yeah it maybe insane but she claims that the man is insignificant in her life. 

We need to wake up to this reality. People in this community, lesbians and bisexuals will always be with guys ceremonially while being with their lovers. So long the society keep being hostile toward same sex union. 

The percentage of Hausa lesbian girls who are in heterosexual marriages but still entangled with their lovers (who most of the time, are also married) is the highest in this country. Such cases just don't get reported. Do I blame these girls? Absolutely no. These Girls are just trying to survive in their own possible ways in a society that is harsh to their kind. They can't 'unlesbian' themselves neither can all of them be as bold as those lesbian couple arrested in kano on their wedding day. 

The situation might be a bit saner in the south but not entirely different either. When people get angry at those girls and try to make it a bisexuals thingy, I wonder at all if we live in this same Nigeria.

I know it's a sad reality and these girls in a fair settings won't opt for a deceitful life. Not like it even a pleasant experience. Everyone can imagine the horror of being with the sex you're not attracted to (excepts for bisexuals). I rather channel my anger to the bigoted homophobic society.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

We need to wake up to this reality. People in this community, lesbians and bisexuals will always be with guys ceremonially while being with their lovers. So long the society keep being hostile toward same sex union. 

Gospel Truth, keep speaking it; so we stop defaming bisexuals for a  thing, both lesbians and bisexuals in Nigeria do alike, but accusingly pin on Bisexuals.

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

The situation might be a bit saner in the south but not entirely different either. When people get angry at those girls and try to make it a bisexuals thingy, I wonder at all if we live in this same Nigeria.

A convert, impressive. you are beginning to gain clarity and see the picture. Surprisingly, if i may add: In the gay community (the men I mean) it is also prevalent. So, it not a female thing. Rather it is a queer living in a hostile environment like Nigeria thing.

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

I know it's a sad reality and these girls in a fair settings won't opt for a deceitful life. Not like it even a pleasant experience. Everyone can imagine the horror of being with the sex you're not attracted to (excepts for bisexuals). I rather channel my anger to the bigoted homophobic society.

You couldn't have said this any better, "reemphasizing on your words".  it has got nothing to do with bisexuals, but every thing to do with our society. Let's stop the discrimination .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/25/2018 at 12:27 AM, MENA said:

Yeah it maybe insane but she claims that the man is insignificant in her life. 

Lol nah so.. insignificant and f**king her.. abeg

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2018 at 1:30 AM, Mimy said:

The percentage of Hausa lesbian girls who are in heterosexual marriages but still entangled with their lovers (who most of the time, are also married) is the highest in this country. Such cases just don't get reported. Do I blame these girls? Absolutely no. These Girls are just trying to survive in their own possible ways in a society that is harsh to their kind. They can't 'unlesbian' themselves neither can all of them be as bold as those lesbian couple arrested in kano on their wedding day. 

Kinda makes sense but it should be a consensual thing either way.. don't lie about it. Cheating is still what it is.. gays can do it..scary cats can do it.. even people in less homophobic countries do it. But we always find a way to justify our actions so long it benefits us. If you are not ready to date someone who wants a monogamous relationship don't do it.. Just don't. No excuses. Don't go and be hurting another person cos you are scared.

3 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

Kinda makes sense but it should be a consensual thing either way.. don't lie about it. Cheating is still what it is.. gays can do it..scary cats can do it.. even people in less homophobic countries do it. But we always find a way to justify our actions so long it benefits us. If you are not ready to date someone who wants a monogamous relationship don't do it.. Just don't. No excuses. Don't go and be hurting another person cos you are scared.

Thank you very much. I enjoyed  Mimy’s post but I don’t understand how people hurt others (the girls and even the husbands in the situations) because they are too scared to express themselves.