Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community Γ—
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

For GuestLight!

Guest Chilee

Dear @GuestLight,

I'm not very certain about who you are, scratch that. I do NOT know you (thanks to verification problems), but one thing I do know is that I'd love to have a drink with you, this Thursday, February 14th 2019. Yes?

I am indeed honoured to have been chosen by you. I do not know what inspired your choice but truly, I am honoured.

Yes, I would love to have a drink with you too on Thursday, the 14th. 😊

Yasss!😊 

You Light, you inspired my choice.

Your words (on a post I made here); they were kind and honest, that too.

14th it is!

Wow!

I get to meet you today, Light. I get to sit acrossΒ the tableΒ facing you, and listen toΒ you speak.

That makes me really happy☺️

Happy Valentine's Day, Light!❀️

See you at 8!

I'm happy you're here. Thank you for coming out this evening.

So yeah, there are so many things I want to say. I'm really curious about you and I'd like for you to just share a bit about yourself.πŸ™‚

Okay. I'm a student, pursuing my masters now. In my early twenties, I love music and reading books. I sometimes talk to random people πŸ™ƒπŸ˜

Your turn. Tell me about you?Β 

Tell me about the many things you want to say. I love listening to people talk.Β 

Oh wow! We do have a lot in common and the "weirdo" smiley, πŸ™ƒ, is my favourite. Lol

I'm a post grad student as well, and in my late twenties. Books, I love. Music, I looooveeeee. I write occasionally (poetry), and I'm mostly inspired by photographs.

Okay, I thought I was going to do most of the listening but it seems you've beat me to that by sharing that first😁

Today, I missed a deadline for an assignment, spent most of the day trying to fix my phone (ended up getting a new one), and I currently have a terrible headache that won't stop, but I'm happy it's ending wellπŸ™‚

What books are you currently reading and what's top on your playlist?

Β 

Β 

πŸ˜ƒ how nice!

Poetry. That's cool. Hopefully, I get to read your works someday. ☺

Sorry about the headache. Hope that goes away quickly. You'll equally need to rest too as you had a really busy day.

The books I'm currently reading are: Miles to Go by Amy Dawson Robertson; Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman; Salem's Lot by Stephen King; and last but not the least, the Bible. For the Bible, I'm taking it everyday and I started with the book of Proverbs. It has nothing to do with a "Bible reading plan". It's just something personal that I decided to do.

There are a lot of songs on my playlist which I listen to depending on the way I'm feeling at the time but right now, the top songs are Calum Scot's You are the reason; Back to you by Selena Gomez; On the Low by Burna Boy, Otherside by Post Malone and many others.

Please share yours with me.Β 

Β 

I hope so too😊

Yeah, you do love books!
Haven't read any of those myself (except the Bible😊) but they sound interesting.

I'm not even going to lie, I'm not actively reading any book at the moment cos it's been quite a hectic period for me but my most recent reads were "Waiting for an angel" - Helon Habila, "Changes"- Ama Aita Adoo and Koleka Putuma's Collective Amnesia (a collection of poems). I'm more into African fiction but I do read Western ones as well.
Current interests are "Questions for Ada" - Ijeoma Umebinyuo and "The Hairdresser of Harare - Tendai Huchu; yet to get them though.

Ahh, Music! Do you ever listen to some songs and pause to think how the writer came up with such "beauty"?
Doing you - Maleek Berry, All time low - Jon Bellion, Changes - Kara Marni, Ye, On the low - Burna, Uyo Meyo - Teni and Asa's timeless ASA album are currently doing it for me.

I'm also exploring some oldies as well; the "Greatest Love Songs" thread has been a good source for those😁

So, besides talking to random people,πŸ˜… what other "weird" facts do I need to know about you?πŸ™‚

P.S: I hope this doesn't appear twice; network is not great this morning!

Β 

Hi.πŸ™‚ Good morning. Hope you slept well?Β 

When I do have the time, I would check out all you've mentioned. What I'll do now is to copy it and keep in a safe place for easy retrieval and access.

Other weird facts about me? πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ I do chase chickens around. 🀣🀣🀣 Not all chicks though, I'm not crazy to that extent. πŸ˜…The thing is, we do have this chicken and since we've not yet used it for its meat, I try to keep it healthy and fit by doing some physical exercises with it. πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜….Β 

Any weird stuff about youπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜?Β 

Omg!!! That's"crazy"πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ It'd be such an interesting thing to watch; you chasing chickens..haha!

Goodmorning! I did manage to get some sleep but I'd need more. Hope you had a good night yourself.Β 

I plan on listening to the songs you mentioned as well.

Β HhmmmπŸ€” weird fact?! Don't know if this is weird but I'm very gullible and I believe the most ridiculous things: so when I was little I asked my dad why he was bald, he told my they buried his dad, my grandpa, on his head. I believed himπŸ˜‚ and kept telling all my friends. It was until secondary school that I received "sense"🀣🀣🀣 
I try to question things a lot more now😁

And yeah, about you reading my works; don't want to make any promises but, maybe someday I'll write about how the "Light" makes everything brighter.Β 

How she doesn't announce herself but shows up, expelling the gloom, bringing smiles and laughter.

Light, tiny packets of energy; constant yet unpredictable. Somedays you show up as the sun, on other days as lightning. Sometimes, you're the moon, other times you're the stars; calm, glowing, present!

Someday, maybe today, I'll write about how the Light makes everything brighter.Β 

Β 

Hahaha hahahaha!! 🀣You don't want to watch that.

I tried to get enough sleep last night, thanks.

That's hilarious πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜….

This stuff you wrote, it's really cool. Thanks. I truly appreciate this. πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

Thanks Chilee 😊. I really enjoyed this too.

I'm a verified member. Looking forward to meeting you on here as a verified member.Β 

Enjoy your night, alright?Β 

Yes, about you being a verified member.πŸ™‚

Good morning!  Hope the night was good. Mine was much better than yesterday's.😊

Oooooooh! Okay😁 

Good morning. That's good to know. Now, you'll be feeling all refreshed and strong. You're no longer having the headache, right?

Mine was good, but I still want to sleep some more. *yawns and stretches*😊