Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community Γ—
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What Do You Think

Hawken

"I strongly believe if you cheat in a relationship, you actually don’t love your partner, or you never loved them at all. Like at all. It’s just cruise you’re catching there."

The above tweet came into my TL, I retweeted and commented. A friend saw and immediately jumped in my DM, after a little back and forth, I decided it was best we agreed to disagree. But it made me wonder, because I honestly thought it was quite simple...

So what are your thoughts, does love really make you unable to cheat?

IΒ wrote two paragraphs on my thoughts, but last minute, i decided to keep it simple and short..

Right now, all i am thinking is if you love someone, then why cheat on the person? It should be clear cut..

Personally, i have never cheated on anyone i am in love with.

Two words :Grey Area

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

"I strongly believe if you cheat in a relationship, you actually don’t love your partner, or you never loved them at all. Like at all. It’s just cruise you’re catching there."

The above tweet came into my TL, I retweeted and commented. A friend saw and immediately jumped in my DM, after a little back and forth, I decided it was best we agreed to disagree. But it made me wonder, because I honestly thought it was quite simple...

So what are your thoughts, does love really make you unable to cheat?

I would also like to know your thoughts BuddyπŸ˜€

I think you can be in love with someone and still cheat. Mistakes happen. It takes a lot of self control and discipline to not cheat mostly in a long term relationship. And unfortunately, not everybody has that. @Txunamy

9 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I think you can be in love with someone and still cheat. Mistakes happen. It takes a lot of self control and discipline to not cheat mostly in a long term relationship. And unfortunately, not everybody has that. @Txunamy

True...Hence, The Grey area.

Cheating would not occur by mistake with me...it would be intentional. She would have to be neglectful towards me in some form. And I could only see myself cheating on a spouse that I may not be willing to divorce just yet. I wouldn't consider cheating on a girlfriend as they're often easily replaceable.

• Moderators

I do believe it is possible to love andΒ cheat. Not everyone can be as disciplined or strong-minded enough to look the other way when temptation comes looking for them. Some are also just polygamous by nature. They are able to share lots of love around. Lol.

I also do believe that it takes a lot of discipline, effort and commitment (to your partner and your relationship) to remain faithful.

Personally, I believe in discussing these things. Even if one ever feels like she isΒ struggling, tell her. Come clean and trust her to handle it in a mature way. Because, girl.. you would want all the help youΒ can get. Lol

Β 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Hawken said:

I agree... long term relationships go through so many phases. Mehn... couples would need to be deliberate aboutΒ keeping things fresh and exciting.Β 

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

Cheating would not occur by mistake with me...it would be intentional. She would have to be neglectful towards me in some form. And I could only see myself cheating on a spouse that I may not be willing to divorce just yet. I wouldn't consider cheating on a girlfriend as they're often easily replaceable.

Yes, the only reason I would cheat on a partner is if I'm not ready to let her go. But then, if said partner finds out, she could leave still. Legit fear

11 minutes ago, kimi said:

Some are also just polygamous by nature. They are able to share lots of love around. Lol.

Personally, I believe in discussing these things. Even if one ever feels like she isΒ struggling, tell her. Come clean and trust her to handle it in a mature way. Because, girl.. you would want all the help youΒ can get. Lol

This polygamous nature we talk about, could it just be that these people have very high libidos? So perhaps if they met someone with just as high a libido they might not step out? Or step out as much?

The bolded is risky behavior 😭

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Hawken said:

The bolded is risky behavior 😭

Hahahaha. I know... friendly advise: know your woman. Plus this a conversation you should have had while still at the getting to know phase.Β 

4 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Thisο»Ώ polygο»Ώamous nature we talk about, could it just be that these people have very high libidos? So perhaps if they met someone with just as high a libο»Ώido they might not step out? Or step out as much?

Hahahaha. I honestly don't know. I simply believe this applies to someone somewhere in the world.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Thisο»Ώ polygamous nature we talk about, could it just be that these people have very high libidos? So perhaps if they met someoneο»Ώ withο»Ώ just as high a libido they might not step out? Or step out as ο»Ώmuch?

I don't think It has anything to do with high libido. Some people are just wired that way. However satisfied their partner keeps them, they never really derived satisfaction being in a monogamous relationship.Β Β 

55 minutes ago, Hawken said:

she could leave still

That's not likely to happen if she's married though...especially if kids are involved. You have a better shot at mending the relationship with counseling and high priced gifts when you're legally married.

CHEATING!!! Eleyi gidi gan!!! Quite a sensitive topic for me.

Β 

First off, to approach this topic, we have to examine love and sex.

is sex a show of love? Do you love everyone you're sexually attractedΒ toΒ or can we actually separate love from sex?

Β 

Now the answer differs from person to person. And so cheating affects everyone differently.Β 

Β 

For me cheating is a decision I make. It has nothing to do with emotions for me because I can separate my emotions from sex.

Β 

so yes, people can make mistakes, be reckless for a minute, get tempted and fall before quickly realizing that they Β love their partners and then stop.

considering that love is a scarce commodity these days, I would rather I married someone loyal, Β disciplined and morally upright than one who says they loved me. The former is less likely to cheat. imo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

You have a better shot at mending the relationship with counseling and high priced gifts when you're legally married.

How does this counseling work? I'd be embarrassed af. I mean its one thing to tell a friend your problems, but to tell it to someone else in the presence of said partner, I would clam up.

10 hours ago, Mimy said:

I don't think It has anything to do with high libido. Some people are just wired that way. However satisfied their partner keeps them, they never really derived satisfaction being in a monogamous relationship.Β Β 

Sounds enviable πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

6 hours ago, Blakky said:

I would rather I married someone loyal, Β disciplined and morally upright than one who says they loved me. The former is less likely to cheat. imo.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† but Blakky, are you the former or latter?

Meanwhile, I totally agree that the the former is less likely to cheat because not cheating for them isn't about their partners , its about their principles. I won't cheat not because I love my partner so much but because I wouldn't be able to live with the fact that I am after all a mere mortal who is susceptible to temptation πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

How does this counseling work? I'd be embarrassed af. I mean its one thing to tell a friend your problems, but to tell it to someone else in the presence of said partner, I would clam up.

Sounds enviable πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† but Blakky, are you the former or latter?

Meanwhile, I totally agree that the the former is less likely to cheat because not cheating for them isn't about their partners , its about their principles. I won't cheat not because I love my partner so much but because I wouldn't be able to live with the fact that I am after all a mere mortal who is susceptible to temptation πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

kikikiki. This question!!Β 

I am the principled one that rarely takes a decision but will stand by it when I finally do.

Β 

I decided years ago that being faithful to someone who I wasn't married to was a waste. When they finally leave me in the dust, Β I find out I've missed out on a whole lot of awesome pussies.Β 

That thing dey pain reach bone!!!

Β 

54 minutes ago, Blakky said:

Β 

I decided years ago that being faithful to someone who I wasn't married to was a waste. When they finally leave me in the dust, Β I find out I've missed out on a whole lot of awesome pussies.Β 

That thing dey pain reach bone!!!

Β 

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† dont be like this now, there are still plenty faithful girls out there. I mean take me for example πŸ˜€

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† dont be like this now, there are still plenty faithful girls out there. I mean take me for example πŸ˜€

lool. I haven't met you, or anyone remotely close. Β Just a lot of cheetahs on these streets and me sabi learn bad things sharp sharp:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

5 hours ago, Hawken said:

How does this counseling work?ο»Ώ I'd be embarrassed af. I mean its one thing to tell a friend your problems, but to tell it to someone else in the presence of said partner, I would clam up.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just the two of you with a professional in a closed private session. I wouldn't be ashamed of cheating on someone that neglected me.Β 

2 hours ago, Blakky said:

Just a lot of cheetahs on these streets and me sabi learn bad things sharp sharp:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Lmao based on where you are from. Thinking about it now, your sisters have done me strong thing in this life, I don't know how I survived πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just the two of you with a professional in a closed private session. I wouldn't be ashamed of cheating on someone that neglected me.Β 

Fair enough

On 3/4/2019 at 11:23 PM, Michelle said:

Cheating would not occur by mistake with me...it would be intentional. She would have to be neglectful towards me in some form. And I could only see myself cheating on a spouse that I may not be willing to divorce just yet. I wouldn't consider cheating on a girlfriend asΒ 

Easily replaceable..... You mean girl friends are every where.....Β 

22 minutes ago, Ewoma said:

Easily replaceable..... You mean girl friends are every where.....Β 

pretty much

12 hours ago, Ewoma said:

Wow

There are plenty of cuties with boodies in this United States. I haven't had many girlfriends that could hold my attention for an extended period of time...just one.

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

There are plenty of cuties with boodies in this United States. I haven't had many girlfriends that could hold my attention for an extended period of time...just one.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

5 hours ago, Txunamy said:

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

😏