Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Analysing Lagos Traffic 

kimi

• Moderators

It has come to this o.... lol

We need an intervention! The traffic situation seems to be getting worse by the day and I can't seem to understand why. Last night, I didn't head out till about 10.30pm and even when I did, I was still held up in a very slow moving traffic that I imagined only happens during rush hour. Sighs...

Could it be that more people are buying cars? (I'm happy for them o... Lol). Could it be that more people have migrated to Lagos State? Or could it just be that it is a certain type of road madness aka curse that cannot be explained?

Please help us Lagosians solve this traffic mystery. I sleep fatigued, wake up not feeling so much better. Na wa 😐

Its all of the above tbh. And because the government doesn't care, they are doing little or nothing about it. I mean, after all, they have sirens to help them through if they want.

Every time i've had to go a distance recently, i use gokada. The only problem is because i have a fro, the helmet thing is really an inconvenience.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Its all of the above tbh. And because the government doesn't care, they are doing little or nothing about it. I mean, after all, they have sirens to help them through if they want.

Every time i've had to go a distance recently, i use gokada. The only problem is because i have a fro, the helmet thing is really an inconvenience.

I care about you, don't use too much of gokada pls. 

• Like 1

Just now, Txunamy said:

I care about you, don't use too much of gokada pls. 

Lmao thanks.. I only use it if like the place is really far.

First time i used it, island to main, i almost pissed myself 🤣 "i was like who send you? who send you??" So this is how my enemy is going to die?? Chai!!"

The traffic situation is horrible. Like its real bad. But I tell you what, it was wayyy worse 10 years ago. Then it was just a single lane. You see that long stretch from VI to Ajah? You would stay there for 8hours. I almost blacked out one day on the ride home with my mum. The double lanes eased it up, but it doesn't help. The bridge at Ajah helped too. Back in the days you dare not go to Ajah from lekki during rush hour. Wo, you would sleep on the road. 

The matter tire me I no go lie. but what to do? There was a funny tweet that circulated last year, someone told people not to bring back any relative when coming back to lag after the Christmas break. Lagos is overpopulated. It would help if we had less cars on the road and more structures put up. Imagine if you can walk from your house to work and back without driving. Wouldn't that be grand? 😀

Lol this traffic situation... So tired of Lagos @kimi, also left at 10:30 yesterday and still got into a bit of traffic 🙄, not exactly sure what’s causing the traffic.

So draining! We need alternative means of transport in Lagos. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol this traffic situation... So tired of Lagos @kimi, also left at 10:30 yesterday and still got into a bit of traffic 🙄, not exactly sure what’s causing the traffic.

Population is whats causing it and everyone is always in an hurry.

17 minutes ago, MENA said:

Population is whats causing it and everyone is always in an hurry.

Yes population, and way too many people who live on the mainland, work on the island. Also, a large percentage of those people drive. Wish I had a colleague who lived close by, would really like to explore car pooling.

• Like 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Loool. Don't be tired. They've said: "When Lagos calls, Sanwo-Olu answers. When Lagos speaks, Sanwo-Olu listens" ☻✌

Just now, kimi said:

Loool. Don't be tired. They've said: "When Lagos calls, Sanwo-Olu answers. When Lagos speaks, Sanwo-Olu listens" ☻✌

Lmao not holding my breath for Sanwo-Olu. That’s how they scammed us with Ambode 🙄

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lmao not holding my breath for Sanwo-Olu. That’s how they scammed us with Ambode 🙄

Hahahaha... 

I use to leave work then 9pm and still get home 11:25pm; My mom would sit up until i walk in. She had enough the day I was stalked in traffic at past midnight. The woman almost ran mad. I got to my street and was the only female in a lonely park. The long unending queue at BRT stations doesn't help matters and is very discouraging, I don't bother waiting. My route Lagos - ikorodu road is curse with traffic. My blood pressure was quite high due to traffic-induced stress during those times.  I had to borrow myself brain and moved out.  Now I stay 15 mins away from my work station and I have peace of mind. 

We are frigging too much in Lagos. Overly dense population with little or no infrastructure to accommodate the lots. It's a pathetic situation. And I don't see it getting any better soon.

I think part of the reason for the crazy traffic and Lagos seems so dense is partly because Lagos isn't bless with landmass. Like half of it is covered with water. 

Kano is really populated too. Like the natives alone are already too much not to talk of all the other ethnic groups trooping in. It's only here one will see a nuclear family of 20+ yet Kano isn't that dense because of the vast land. As people troop in, residential places get spread to less occupied and new places. 

I'm really worried for lagosians. The first thing I noticed when I entered Lagos is the air. It's so heavy and stuffy and suffocating and the heat, jezz! To worsen the case every neighbor have this little Gen they nicknamed I pass my neighbor that kill with noise and smoke. It almost as if they have completely written NEPA off. 

The aggressiveness, wai! Too much angry people in Lagos. I know life is hard but mehn, it's something else in Lagos.

Tuale to Lagos resident oo. You guys are the real MVP. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Mimy said:

The first thing I noticed when I entered Lagos is the air. It's so heavy and stuffy and suffocating

This is a problem. Terrible for the skin... and you only realize this when you live elsewhere for a while and then return to Lagos. It's sad really. 

The aggressiveness, wai! Too much angry people in Lagos. I know life is hard but mehn, it's something else in Lagos.

Hahahahaha. Sherlock Holmes! Good detective work there Mimy. Lol. You are absolutely correct. 

Hahahahaa. Tuale back o.. ✌

Are you sure the air did not make you turnionion  🙄☻(lol. Can't spell it sorry. Lol)

7 hours ago, Mimy said:

@Teewhy, and all this while I thought you live in Lagos. 

Ha! No o. I only go visiting and to play off for like some days or max, a week. I can not live in that city. Even the 1 week sef, head and body aches would come knocking. Kimi and co can keep lagos bubbling. 

7 hours ago, Mimy said:

@Teewhy, and all this while I thought you live in Lagos. 

Ha! No o. I only go visiting and to play off for like some days or max, a week. I can not live in that city. Even the 1 week sef, head and body aches would come knocking. Kimi and co can keep lagos bubbling. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Kimi and co can keep lagos bubbling. 

Hahahahaha. Yea, thanks 😐🤕

Just now, Mimy said:

I'm really worried for lagosians. The first thing I noticed when I entered Lagos is the air. It's so heavy and stuffy and suffocating and the heat, jezz! To worsen the case every neighbor have this little Gen they nicknamed I pass my neighbor that kill with noise and smoke. It almost as if they have completely written NEPA off. 

See enh, i leave my house every day ready to fight. The aggression is real in Lagos.

As for the heat and noise, i didn;t really notice until i went to abuja for a week i think.. When i entered Lagos, i swear i almost teared up. The f***king noise!

• Haha 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Hawken said:

See enh, i leave my house every day ready to fight. The aggression is real in Lagos.

As for the heat and noise, i didn;t really notice until i went to abuja for a week i think.. When i entered Lagos, i swear i almost teared up. The f***king noise!

Hahahahahahaha. You are very dramatic. 

On 3/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, kimi said:

Are you sure the air did not make you turnionion  🙄☻(lol. Can't spell it sorry. Lol)

Hahahah it did o. When the whole Lagos is just turnioniown. 

I'd to learn to scream Driver owa o 

20 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Oh cool. Dm me your Location. I want to show you something 😂