Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Would You Date A Muslim?

Michelle

21 hours ago, Mimy said:

Lol okay. This traditionalists must be really closeted because it's almost as if they don't exist. It'd have been great if they are the majority. Maybe we would have a less hateful and divisive Nigeria. 

Hidden? In the west alone, they are so visible it is admirable. Have you ever been to Osun festival? I don’t know what part of the country you come from, but there is no Nigerian village without some form of it. 

On 5/8/2019 at 6:55 AM, kimi said:

All I read here Redsafire is a lot of sentiments. You have generalized, basing judgement on the events that plague us as a country -which is at tangent with the question posed by the OP. In my opinion, your view isn't balanced and having a friend as an Imam has no place in this argument. You do not need to agree but I maintain that the question came off a tad "off". This is a general space, we shouldn't encourage topics that make certain groups uncomfortable. 

Sentiments are born from experiences and generalizations tend to come from continuous repeated behavior of a group of people. Unfortunately, none of that described my feeling when writing my response. Saying I have an Imam as a friend was to address the issue of generalization and sentiment. These conversations, I have had many times with him and he always says the same thing “many followers do no open their minds to seek truth themselves, but rather swallow the explanations given to them by a scholar”. He is one the few Imams in Nigeria speaking against the “entitlement mentality” of the Northern Muslim. I grew up in the north and still live in the north. More than half my friends are Muslims and I have dated a few of them.

My apologies if my response came across as “unbalanced” to you. My intent was not to make anyone uncomfortable but like I said, my intent was to objectively provide a response that no one was willing to, because we have to continually be “politically correct”.

Anyone who will take offense at my response, because of their sensibilities, may actually not grasp the level of pain existing in this country. This is the Ramadan season and I know no Muslim will provide any response here. So, let’s wait and see how many sensibilities I touched with this then😁. I am always open to intelligent discussions.😀

6 hours ago, RedSafire said:

Hidden? In the west alone, they are so visible it is admirable. Have you ever been to Osun festival? I don’t know what part of the country you come from, but there is no Nigerian village without some form of it. 

Unfortunately they aren't as visible as the two major religions plaguing and choking us daily in rural, sub urban and urban areas in all states. And with the rate at which churches vandalizes and raids the few shrines left, soon even the villages won't have anything left. 

@RedSafire, it's good that you're concern about the state of the nation and how religion (Islam especially) holds a grip of it. But this about Muslim women (Queer, yea?) and weather we can date them or not. 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:55 PM, RedSafire said:

No matter its sensitivity, we need to learn to call bad, bad.

I don't understand this quoted part of your reply. What is bad and need to be admitted that it is bad?

• Moderators
On 5/8/2019 at 2:11 PM, Michelle said:

Who is uncomfortable? Are you speaking of Muslims or those people that harbor guilt over their true feelings towards them?

I'm  referring to Muslims..

14 hours ago, kimi said:

I'm  referring to Muslims..

I don't believe they would take offense to a non-Muslim's dating preference, but I could be wrong. We are all respectful individuals and I don't believe anyone on this forum would make comments intended to offend them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators
On 5/9/2019 at 1:18 AM, Mimy said:

Most Nigerians are less informed. Violent, hate filled and divisive books disguised as holy books in the hand of illiterates/less informed is dangerous. Reason why we're crippled with extremism. The enlighten knows these holy books aren't to be taken seriously and literally but just as stories and allegories. Reason why the religious Europe is relatively peaceful. 

Nigeria is better off without these two religions. Pre Islam and Christianity era, no Nigerian was killing or hating anyone for not worshipping Amadioha, Sango, Tsumburbura... and the likes. 

If this ain't the truth 👍🏿👌🏿

Muslim or Christian all I seek is someone that will love me sincerely, not a pretender..If a Muslim woman gives me undiluted friendship am OK,Religion has no role to play when true love is involved in the whole matter...Some Christians are wicked and heartless,unforgiving, unloving ,lack of love for their neighbours,self centered, etc.....No one knew what religion he/she will be born into.....everything is destined by our maker....

17 minutes ago, Ewoma said:

Muslim or Christian all I seek is someone that will love me sincerely, not a pretender..If a Muslim woman gives me undiluted friendship am OK,Religion has no role to play when true love is involved in the whole matter...Some Christians are wicked and heartless,unforgiving, unloving ,lack of love for their neighbours,self centered, etc.....No one knew what religion he/she will be born into.....everything is destined by our maker....

I was following the thread keenly until you said this.

Religion has no play, you say? Pray tell when you eventually finds an irreligious person/ Muslim woman who'd love you sincerely but deliberately spite your fate at any given chance they got, until then,  I am choosing not to take this post seriously.😉

2 minutes ago, scarlet said:

Religion has no play, you say? Pray tell when you eventually finds an irreligious person/ Muslim woman who'd love you sincerely but deliberately spite your fate at any given chance they got, until then,  I am choosing not to take this post seriously.😉

3 minutes ago, scarlet said:

No one has the power to change my beliefs....Am a Christian and I will remain a Christian but if I have something to do with a Muslim, we will both agree to put our friendship first and set aside the religion aside for peace to reign among us

I don't discriminate dats me ....Religion has no role to play in my choice of friends or association. But like I said no one can convert me without my wish....I will remain a Christian cos I was born into a Christian family

20 minutes ago, Ewoma said:

No one has the power to change my beliefs....Am a Christian and I will remain a Christian but if I have something to do with a Muslim, we will both agree to put our friendship first and set aside the religion aside for peace to reign among us

It's nothing to do with changing your fate, but everything to do with having a shared space with someone who'd probably ( not every Muslim or irreligious woman do this; but most of them do it) constantly denigrate your fate as oppose to what they believe in. And trust me, they always at first agree to put religion asides but never keep to that agreement till the end. So what do you do at this point? Stay? Because she love you '' sincerely''? Laughable

7 minutes ago, Ewoma said:

I don't discriminate dats me ....Religion has no role to play in my choice of friends or association. But like I said no one can convert me without my wish....I will remain a Christian cos I was born into a Christian family

Different stokes for different folks.😘

Have sex with a Muslim woman, definitely,  yes I can. Date/marry one? Never. 

After all, the Bible said, do not be equally yoked. So? I'd pass abeg. I don't have strength.

I've only dated part-time Muslim gals, but I have yet to experience any Muslim aggressively pushing their religion on me. I wonder if you gals have Jehovah Witnesses in Nigeria?

• 1 year later...