Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Being Friends with EX after a break up

chocolat

Ladies are you girls friends with any of your EX after break up. Do you think is wise for one to be friends with a EX.. why or why not

I personally don't see anything wrong with be friends with an EX. To be honest, i have always maintain a Platonic friendship with all my EX. With that said, I wouldn't advice anyone to be friends with his or her EX, if they still have strong feelings for each other.

Ladies what do you think???

Hmmm I'm not friends with any of my ex o, tried it and it dint work out. They always try to come back and I end up having sex with them,one constantly calls my gf now sef trying to form friendship.

Sometimes I don't have the will power to say no,esp when its someone I once had feelings for. The memories wil start coming back and I tend to compare, so I just advised myself to avoid dem jor. Its extra baggage for me.

• Moderators

For me it depends on why we broke up. I don't sleep with my exes, even if we remain friends (things might get complicated).

@ simple, if you have sex with your EX, you haven't gotten over her.

@ moresko, you not supposed to sleep with your friends or EX. It gets too complicated once you do.. However, we are humans and we make mistakes

• Moderators

@ moresko, you not supposed to sleep with your friends or EX. It gets too complicated once you do.. However, we are humans and we make mistakes

Lol, hhmmm mistake. I had a friend that used to "mistakenly" sleep with her ex (they were broken up), while dating other girls until the ex slashed all the tires and broke all the glass to her car; the "mistakes" stopped after that.

• Moderators

@ moresko, LMFAO that sounds so ratchet. Omg women are something ...

True, the bitch was crazy; that's why you don't mess around on "akata" women.

Lol,if u say so.

• Administrators

True, the bitch was crazy; that's why you don't mess around on "akata" women.

LOL "Akata Women" hmm i rest my case. If you don't got the mind, don't try it at home.

@OP

I can be platonic friends with my ex after break up ,but not if i still have strong feelings for her.

• 9 months later...

hmmm,greatly depends if i had more s3x with the ex during the relationship,like had enough of every thing,then NO Typical me would have said no,but a lot has changed about me of late so I'll go with..

three months earlier me would say ...No,ex stays ex,no call,no text,nothing

but now me is saying if there is sex,then I'm all in.

Hmm,looks like most of you would sleep with an ex. Does that mean lack of will power or just plain promiscuity? If you still have strong feelings for an ex,avoid being in closed places, but I guess still having strong feelings for an ex isn't really the reason why most lesbians and bisexuals would sleep with an ex. They would do it just for the fun of it. That leads to the question'are most lesbians and bisexuals promiscuous' my answer would be yes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hmm,looks like most of you would sleep with an ex. Does that mean lack of will power or just plain promiscuity? If you still have strong feelings for an ex,avoid being in closed places, but I guess still having strong feelings for an ex isn't really the reason why most lesbians and bisexuals would sleep with an ex. They would do it just for the fun of it. That leads to the question'are most lesbians and bisexuals promiscuous' my answer would be yes.

The level of "promiscuity" in lesbians or bisexuals is no different than that of the one in straight persons. Straight people sleep their exes for the fun of it too.

• Moderators

No it's different,the rate at which lesbians do it,is alarming like it's some sorta competition.

More alarming than straight people? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I despise cheating, I have zero tolerance for it but I wouldn't take a human "misbehavior", and make it a lesbian thing.

Another way I look at it is that the society has contributed to this behavior by "demeaning and stigmatizing" same sex relationships and driving them underground. Same sex relationships in Nigeria do not have the social support that straight relationships do, and with that support comes many things that benefit the stability of relationships, and forces couples to invest in that relationship. If someone doesn't see a future in a relationship, why invest in it?

Personally, I think people should be more discerning in who they chose to be in a "relationship" with, people should stop dating for the sake of just dating. Its easy to say the word "girlfriend" but are you ready to the work being a "girlfriend" entails? Why be in a relationship that you're not invested in?

Rant over.. For now.

Cheating amongst lesbians is more alarming,forget social support and all that. Whether society is ready to accept the idea of same sex relationship or not really doesn't have anything to do with the rate of cheating amongst lesbians.

• Moderators

Cheating amongst lesbians is more alarming,forget social support and all that. Whether society is ready to accept the idea of same sex relationship or not really doesn't have anything to do with the rate of cheating amongst lesbians.

How and why is it alarming?

For instance,I've observed that even here on this site,most ladies who claim to be in a serious relationship would still sleep with another lady for the fun of it even if the sex in their relationships is great and everything else seems to be alright. What's up with that?

• Administrators

I beg to differ. How can cheating among Lesbians be more alarming? How will you then describe cheating in straight relationships?

• Administrators

I support LadyOmah on this one, I've seen people do dodgy things on here

Are you hasty generalizing?

I beg to differ Ladyoma and Simps. Cheating is not a lesbian thing. So am not gonna go into details of stereotyping. Men cheats on their wives and wives do the same, girls cheats on their boyfriend and guys cheats on their girl, friends, some lesbians cheats on their partner, truth be told,it has nothing with being a lesbian.people cheat because they are selfish,because they are inconsiderate. .They want to eat their cakes and have it. I don't believe it's in human nature to cheat, neither do I believe it's a tradition or the so called old fashion thing they made it out to be..people simply don't like the truth. They always wanna find a reason to hide instead of been responsible. People cheat because they want to cheat.

Lmao,beg to differ all you want I still stand my ground. Nobody said cheating is a lesbian thing, I only said the rate at which lesbians cheat seems greater from my own observation. Why are you comparing cheating in straight relationships and lesbian relationships? Last I remember, I didn't say anything concerning straight relationships and this is naijalez not naija straight and gay forum.