Guests are expected to be seated by 7.45pm 🙄

Order of Event:

–Candle Lighting
–Prayers and Blessings
–Poems, Hymn, and Songs
–Sharing of Memories
–Memorial Photographs and Videos
–Closing

PS - the content and the entire memorial service script was taken from a couple of templates online. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Opening Remark

We have come here today, Chilee and Light to say goodbye to our friend Cinnamon, a Chicken. Two Women gather today, to tend to this beautiful chicken and send her on her way. We are Women with hearts of courage and love. Light, who has known Cinnamon longer, has seen her prance and smile, play and bend. Who has given Cinnamon the home, health, love and care that enabled this chicken to find an important place in the world, to live a very long life, and to be loved. We will miss Cinnamon very much. We call to us those most dear to Cinnamon who cannot be here today - her human friends. We also bring into our circle all those who loved her sweet and pure way. There are hundreds more here in spirit, because Cinnamon had many friends

Cinnamon has just headed off to the Other Side. We come to her with love and reverence, and as Human Beings in this realm, we are prone to error. Cinnamon, our Friend, a Chicken, is prone to forgiveness. So in this Work, all is well.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Chilee said:

*looks around for Light*

Nowhere to be found...smh

Perhaps it is all too painful. We must respect her style of grief... 😢 sighs...

3 minutes ago, kimi said:

Opening Remark

We have come here today, Chilee and Light to say goodbye to our friend Cinnamon, a Chicken. Two Women gather today, to tend to this beautiful chicken and send her on her way. We are Women with hearts of courage and love. Light, who has known Cinnamon longer, has seen her prance and smile, play and bend. Who has given Cinnamon the home, health, love and care that enabled this chicken to find an important place in the world, to live a very long life, and to be loved. We will miss Cinnamon very much. We call to us those most dear to Cinnamon who cannot be here today - her human friends. We also bring into our circle all those who loved her sweet and pure way. There are hundreds more here in spirit, because Cinnamon had many friends

Cinnamon has just headed off to the Other Side. We come to her with love and reverence, and as Human Beings in this realm, we are prone to error. Cinnamon, our Friend, a Chicken, is prone to forgiveness. So in this Work, all is well.

😭😭😭

• Moderators

Let us pray:

O Lord our God, we come before You this day in sadness. Cinnamon, who brought us so much joy in life, has now died. Her happy times in our family’s embrace have come to an end. We miss Cinnamon already.

Help us, O God, to remember the good times with Cinnamon.  Remind us to rejoice in the happy times she brought to our home. Let us be thankful for the good life we were blessed to give to her.

We are grateful to You, God, for creating Cinnamon, for entrusting her to our care, and for sustaining her in our love for a measure of time. We understand that all that lives must die. We knew that this day would come. And yet, O God, we would have wanted one more day of play, one more evening of love with Cinnamon.

O God, as we have taken care of Cinnamon in life, we ask that You watch over her in death. You entrusted Cinnamon to our care; now, we give her back to You. May Cinnamon find a happy new home in Your loving embrace.

As we remember Cinnamon, may we love each other more dearly. May we care for all Your creatures, for every living thing, as we protected the blessed life of Cinnamon. May her memory bless our lives with love and caring forever. Amen.

1 minute ago, kimi said:

Let us pray:

O Lord our God, we come before You this day in sadness. Cinnamon, who brought us so much joy in life, has now died. Her happy times in our family’s embrace have come to an end. We miss Cinnamon already.

Help us, O God, to remember the good times with Cinnamon.  Remind us to rejoice in the happy times she brought to our home. Let us be thankful for the good life we were blessed to give to her.

We are grateful to You, God, for creating Cinnamon, for entrusting her to our care, and for sustaining her in our love for a measure of time. We understand that all that lives must die. We knew that this day would come. And yet, O God, we would have wanted one more day of play, one more evening of love with Cinnamon.

O God, as we have taken care of Cinnamon in life, we ask that You watch over her in death. You entrusted Cinnamon to our care; now, we give her back to You. May Cinnamon find a happy new home in Your loving embrace.

As we remember Cinnamon, may we love each other more dearly. May we care for all Your creatures, for every living thing, as we protected the blessed life of Cinnamon. May her memory bless our lives with love and caring forever. Amen.

Amen.

• Moderators

Poem:

I have opened unto you, the fate of my being And like a tide, you have flowed into me.

All the channels of my spirit and the recesses of my soul Are grown sweet with your presence

You have brought me the calm of great tranquil waters And the quiet of summer seas.

Your hands are filled with peace as the Moon tide Is filled with light

About your head is bound the eternal quiet of the stars And in your heart dwells the gentleness of dusk

I am clear and still For I have opened unto you the wide gates of my being

And like a tide, you have flowed into me.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

Sharing of Memories

At this hour, we call on Chilee and all those who knew Cinnamon to share with us their memorable moments with Our Beloved Cinnamon... 

Lord, dismiss us with Thy blessing,
Fill our hearts with joy and peace;
Let us each Thy love possessing,
Triumph in redeeming grace;
Oh, refresh us, oh, refresh us,
Trav’ling through this wilderness

🤧🤧🤧

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Chilee said:

🤧🤧🤧

We are waiting for you to share your memories of Cinnamon with us all... 

15 minutes ago, Chilee said:

*looks around for Light*

Nowhere to be found...smh

I'm sorry I came late for the service. I was held up in traffic. 😔

I came with Cinnamon's picture. 

"Cinnamon was no ordinary chicken", Kimi said.

"Cinnamon was one tasty chicken", Light claims.

I'll continue to ask you, my dear Cinnamon Ruvimbo Uluthando, of all the things you could have come into this world as; you chose a Chicken, a bloody Chicken?! Chai! Na wa! 

Your time here was short but in that short time, you created beauty, "birthed" many chicks and merged hearts. 💕

You will be sorely missed but you know what they say, death is not final. You may be somewhere in Light's stomach, as an amino acid or fat, but your memory lives on. 

For Cinnamon.🐔

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, kimi said:

Opening Remark

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

1 minute ago, RayBlac said:

Do you have the video as well? 😔

• Moderators

I only came to know of Cinnamon when Chilee was still a guest -on the outside looking in. At the time, a beautiful friendship had begin to ensue between Light and Chilee and what held that friendship together were conversations about Cinnamon.

Cinnamon to me was the spark that brought two beautiful hearts together. And while I may never have fully enjoyed her company, my heart breaks in her death and rejoices in the understanding that she is gone to a happier place.

You were one Chicken of a kind Dearest Cinnamon. Sun rè. Sun rè o...  😢

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hymn:

Lord dismiss us with thy blessings...

*sing along oh ye congregation* 

*Chants

Lord dismiss us with thy blessings... 😖😖

6 minutes ago, Chilee said:

🤧🤧🤧

😖😖😖😖😖😭😭😭

4 minutes ago, Chilee said:

"Cinnamon was no ordinary chicken", Kimi said.

"Cinnamon was one tasty chicken", Light claims.

I'll continue to ask you, my dear Cinnamon Ruvimbo Uluthando, of all the things you could have come into this world as; you chose a Chicken, a bloody Chicken?! Chai! Na wa! 

Your time here was short but in that short time, you created beauty, "birthed" many chicks and merged hearts. 💕

You will be sorely missed but you know what they say, death is not final. You may be somewhere in Light's stomach, as an amino acid or fat, but your memory lives on. 

For Cinnamon.🐔

😂😂😔😔😔

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, RayBlac said:

Do you have any memories of Cinnamon you would love to share at this time? I understand that this would be very tough for you... hugs...