Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Coronavirus

kimi

• Moderators

It's about time we had a thread about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Please stay safe. Most of you are probably following the grim updates very closely. While it seems well managed here, there might be some underreporting as well (who knows).

For some weird reason, I have been a little unperturbed by it all but just this evening, while catching up on the news wrt the situation in Italy, a thought occured to me to avoid places frequently visited by expatriates e.g. cafes, certain restaurants, and now the Mike Adenuga centre. Lol. 

Take the necessary precaution. For our members in the diaspora, please stay safe. 

I'm still hopeful and waiting for our local witchdoctors to come up with a cure ☻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kimi said:

It's about time we had a thread about the COVID-19 pandemic.

Please stay safe. Most of you are probably following the grim updates very closely. While it seems well managed here, there might be some underreporting as well (who knows).

For some weird reason, I have been a little unperturbed by it all but just this evening, while catching up on the news wrt the situation in Italy, a thought occured to me to avoid places frequently visited by expatriates e.g. cafes, certain restaurants, and now the Mike Adenuga centre. Lol. 

Take the necessary precaution. For our members in the diaspora, please stay safe. 

I'm still hopeful and waiting for our local witchdoctors to come up with a cure ☻

🙄

This is the one time Africas underdevelopment is helping her. And of course that one time CIA sold us machines bugged with spying software but we nor even on the machine 🤣

But yeah. Africa is being spared because her indigenes aren't rated and don't have the luxury of being able to travel left and right without waiting forever for visas.

How are we supposed to get it? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Hawken said:

But yeah. Africa is being spared because her indigenes aren't rated and don't have the luxury of being able to travel left and right without waiting forever for visas.

Hahahaha. This is a valid point. 

Alas, our boarders are still free for all at the moment. This is the perfect opportunity to force Nigerians to be self-sustaining and to drive local trade

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I commend the efforts of the Lagos State Govt.

However, I would rather a more longer-term/sustainable approach to isolation centres are adopted rather than temporary fixes. 

9 hours ago, kimi said:

I commend the efforts of the Lagos State Govt.

However, I would rather a more longer-term/sustainable approach to isolation centres are adopted rather than temporary fixes. 

True. Because lagos state is definitely not prepared if God forbid, it hits in large numbers. 

• Moderators

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-lagos-nears-total-lockdown-fears-cases-may-hit-39000/

Curfew  begins on Sunday – Gov

Meanwhile, Sanwo-Olu directed a dusk-to-dawn curfew in Lagos starting from Sunday to allow the state to carry out a comprehensive disinfection of the metropolis.

He also said the state would close the domestic airport.

He said, “I am hereby directing a statewide curfew from 8pm to 6am, starting from Sunday until further notice. This is to enable us to carry out comprehensive disinfection of the Lagos Metropolis.

“I am pleased to note that we have taken possession of over 200 disinfecting machines, and starting today, we will be disinfecting all major highways, bus stops, markets, parks, and other public areas.

“With effect from Sunday, we will be closing the domestic airport in Lagos, the General Aviation Terminal and the MM2. All movements in and out of Lagos through the two domestic terminals will, therefore, be suspended from Sunday for two weeks in the first instance. The only exceptions will be flights carrying essential supplies and those on emergency operations.”

He further said travelling in and out of Lagos would be restricted on Sunday, adding that all inter-state motor parks should shut down for two weeks.

The governor also signed into law the Emergency Coronavirus Pandemic Bill 2020 passed by the House of Assembly.

The law empowers the governor to punish violators of the shutdown order policy.

• Moderators

Coronavirus Update:

President Buhari has ordered a lockdown in the following states: Lagos, Abuja and Ogun effective 11pm, Monday 30th of March, 2020.

All businesses are to stay closed. However,

"This order does not apply to hospitals and all related medical establishments as well as organizations in health care related manufacturing and distribution. Furthermore, commercial establishments such as;

a. food processing, distribution and retail companies;

b. petroleum distribution and retail entities,

c. power generation, transmission and distribution companies; and

d. private security companies are also exempted.

Although these establishments are exempted, access will be restricted and monitored. Workers in telecommunication companies, broadcasters, print and electronic media staff who can prove they are unable to work from home are also exempted."

PLEASE STAY AT HOME to avoid harrassment by the law enforcement officers who would be out in full force to enforce the directive to the latter. 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Coronavirus Update:

President Buhari has ordered a lockdown in the following states: Lagos, Abuja and Ogun effective 11pm, Monday 30th of March, 2020.

All businesses are to stay closed. However,

"This order does not apply to hospitals and all related medical establishments as well as organizations in health care related manufacturing and distribution. Furthermore, commercial establishments such as;

a. food processing, distribution and retail companies;

b. petroleum distribution and retail entities,

c. power generation, transmission and distribution companies; and

d. private security companies are also exempted.

Although these establishments are exempted, access will be restricted and monitored. Workers in telecommunication companies, broadcasters, print and electronic media staff who can prove they are unable to work from home are also exempted."

PLEASE STAY AT HOME to avoid harrassment by the law enforcement officers who would be out in full force to enforce the directive to the latter. 

I foresaw this. I knew we would get to this stage. God help and save us all. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

I foresaw this. I knew we would get to this stage. God help and save us all. 

Amin

2 hours ago, kimi said:

This situation is so dream-like... it feels like the world is entrapped in a movie

I'm telling you. Like everything is at a standstill.. I wonder how long before people start going crazy for real. And they talking about extending it? By the time this is over, many people would have to see a shrink. Nigerians are not used to being stuck in a place, not moving. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Txunamy said:

I'm telling you. Like everything is at a standstill.. I wonder how long before people start going crazy for real. And they talking about extending it? By the time this is over, many people would have to see a shrink. Nigerians are not used to being stuck in a place, not moving. 

Extending? Wow.... Mehn... I hope not. Lol

• Moderators
2 hours ago, FlyJ said:

EUnt3iaWkAc3ZAj?format=jpg&name=medium

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I love the surge in the numbers discharged. Well done to all the health workers! 💌

Number of positive cases are going up, people are not staying in their houses, social distancing is barely happening! How long will this tarry? 😪

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chilee said:

Number of positive cases are going up, people are not staying in their houses, social distancing is barely happening! How long will this tarry? 😪

Oh Chilee 😥🙊🧸

The numbers are 224 now. This too shall pass. What day of the week is it today? ☻ lol