Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

what's on your mind?

dequeen

• Moderators

Mehn.... Lagos is such a stressful city. The traffic situation is simply ridiculous. Me leg and back hurts... Me body is tired. Sighs... 👎🏾lol

7 hours ago, kimi said:

Mehn.... Lagos is such a stressful city. The traffic situation is simply ridiculous. Me leg and back hurts... Me body is tired. Sighs... 👎🏾lol

It wasn’t  that bad yesterday. At least the traffic here is justified by actual things going on and not stupid people riding their breaks because they’re on their phones.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

It wasn’t  that bad yesterday. At least the traffic here is justified by actual things going on and not stupid people riding their breaks because they’re on their phones.

Haaa. The traffic on my route was nuts yesterday. Total commute time of 3.5hours compared to the usual 1.5hours. I don't see how it is justified. It's not being properly managed in my opinion. It is taking a toll on people. 

Falomo bridge is the latest nightmare, 3rd mainland bridge seems to be following suit. It is completely nuts.

1 hour ago, Damiee said:

Rest. Had the most stressful week. Lagos 5 - 0 Damiee. Lol.

Hahahaha. I swear down. It defeats us every damn time. 

4 hours ago, kimi said:

Haaa. The traffic on my route was nuts yesterday. Total commute time of 3.5hours compared to the usual 1.5hours. I don't see how it is justified. It's not being properly managed in my opinion. It is taking a toll on people. 

Falomo bridge is the latest nightmare, 3rd mainland bridge seems to be following suit. It is completely nuts.

I enjoy being confined to the island 😂

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I enjoy being confined to the island 😂

Lol. Which is VI only I hope. 

You should explore. While major events take place in VI, there's more to Lagos than that. In my opinion, VI is overhyped with much more wannabes, squatters etc... everyone claims to stay in VI even when it involves paying N1.5M to stay in a dump. There's GRA Ikeja or Ikoyi for MVPs as well. 

3 hours ago, kimi said:

You should explore. While major events take place in VI, there's more to Lagos than that. In my opinion, VI is overhyped with much more wannabes, squatters etc... everyone claims to stay in VI even when it involves paying N1.5M to stay in a dump. There's GRA Ikeja or Ikoyi for MVPs as well. 

Very true!  

3 hours ago, kimi said:

Nowadays I visit solely to spend quality time with my honey bun. I prefer to stay within VI and Ikoyi...the mainland is too crowded.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Nowadays I visit solely to spend quality time with my honey bun. I prefer to stay within VI and Ikoyi...the mainland is too crowded.

Hahahaha. Nice. 

That's a generalized statement. Depends on the areas on the mainland you visited.  Have fun you two. 

On 2/8/2020 at 2:20 PM, kimi said:

I will check out Ikeja for sure as well as Abuja. Any points of interest to recommend?

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Michelle said:

I will check out Ikeja for sure as well as Abuja. Any points of interest to recommend?

I'll have to ask around for you.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Michelle said:

Due to unfortunate circumstances I had to visit a Nigerian hospital...I was very impressed with the service received.

Wow... pele o... 

Seems like you didn't expect great service. Lol. With Naija, most times, you get what you pay for. Feel better? I'm tempted to ask if it was a bedroom injury but I'll pass 😄

11 hours ago, kimi said:

Wow... pele o... 

Seems like you didn't expect great service. Lol. With Naija, most times, you get what you pay for. Feel better? I'm tempted to ask if it was a bedroom injury but I'll pass 😄

Lol I assumed it would be packed like most hospitals...in the USA they place priority on the severity of your issue. I had a mild case of malaria...the doctor said the malaria drugs I brought from the states were weak and gave me a shot in my bum bum. The mosquito that bit me was a gangsta 😂 we were in and out in less than 30 minutes...it’s rare that you get that level of service in the states regardless of your pocketbook.