Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

what's on your mind?

dequeen

At work today, our team had a meeting with our director and along the line, the director suddenly said that she is hearing that lgbt people in Nigeria are being arrested. As she said this, she sort of avoided my eyes. I noticed this because I was sitting directly in front of her. According to her, she thought lgbt persons were being arrested individually but our team lead said that it's only when they are seen as a group or so.

🙂Ma, do you think I am gay? Because of how I dress?? I am not oooo 😁

But I appreciate that you care.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, RayBlac said:

At work today, our team had a meeting with our director and along the line, the director suddenly said that she is hearing that lgbt people in Nigeria are being arrested. As she said this, she sort of avoided my eyes. I noticed this because I was sitting directly in front of her. According to her, she thought lgbt persons were being arrested individually but our team lead said that it's only when they are seen as a group or so.

🙂Ma, do you think I am gay? Because of how I dress?? I am not oooo 😁

But I appreciate that you care.

Hahahahaha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Christians' heaven is so ridiculous. What is it in wasting your whole life praising God and all you get is an opportunity to keep praising God till eternity?

I rather go to Islams' heaven with its rivers of honey and milk and wine and unlimited sex with unlimited virgin girls.

3 hours ago, Mimy said:

Christians' heaven is so ridiculous. What is it in wasting your whole life praising God and all you get is an opportunity to keep praising God till eternity?

I rather go to Islams' heaven with its rivers of honey and milk and wine and unlimited sex with unlimited virgin girls.

Just so you know there is grilled catfish and croaker fish, shrimps and prawns in heaven. Plus fine wine. 😁 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2020 at 2:31 PM, Txunamy said:

Just so you know there is grilled catfish and croaker fish, shrimps and prawns in heaven. Plus fine wine. 😁 

You donminit! Is there boobs though 😂

As a kid I used to put water in nylon, tight it and placed in my pant to create a bulge in my pant. I thought it was cool until my sister caught me, seized the water and showed it to my mom. I was so embarrassed and never tried that again. Surprisingly I wasn't beaten for doing that nor did my mom confronted me for that. 

Now I feel like asking my mom why she kept mute and didn't flog me for that. Knowing how she never hesitate with flogging. 😂

1 hour ago, Mimy said:

As a kid I used to put water in nylon, tight it and placed in my pant to create a bulge in my pant. I thought it was cool until my sister caught me, seized the water and showed it to my mom. I was so embarrassed and never tried that again. Surprisingly I wasn't beaten for doing that nor did my mom confronted me for that. 

Now I feel like asking my mom why she kept mute and didn't flog me for that. Knowing how she never hesitate with flogging. 😂

😂😂

• Moderators

When walking the streets (of Lagos), your title, your status or importance doesn't mean a thing because to others, you are just another walking the streets. To those driving by in cars, you are even more likely to be felt sorry for or perceived as being of little means. Lol  

Moral of the story: walk the streets often. 

8 hours ago, kimi said:

Amarula or Magnum cream liqueur... 

My body is craving sugar. Sighs...

Your body is craving alcohol 😆 if its sugar, you go buy coke.

How is it possible that one can be really really sad and have no idea what the cause might be. Find yourself crying for no damn reason... Argh, shit sucks. Let's not talk about the loneliness, lol. The pain... Mahn, living is such a chore though.. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Isee said:

How is it possible that one can be really really sad and have no idea what the cause might be. Find yourself crying for no damn reason... Argh, shit sucks. Let's not talk about the loneliness, lol. The pain... Mahn, living is such a chore though.. 

Hang in there... hugs x

On 2/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, Isee said:

Sadness; Its possible, it happens, it can be controlled

Sadness is an emotion people feel but people shouldn't dwell on BC it could degenerate and when it becomes a downward trend, it could lead to depression.

So?

Honest Communication is key in self development and in relationships. Communication here is in two sects; Self communication and people communication

Self communication helps us identity the reasons we are sad, perhaps we' ve been hurt, or misunderstood, ignored, seen as under attempting or underachieving (towards ourselves others), whatever be the reason for our sadness (there is always a reason), self communication will get us to the root cause. Selftalking is the most important of all communication skills BC from thence we determine our beliefs, actions and attitude towards life.

Live more positively...

Find a passionate vocation or hobby  and invest your time in it. It doesn't have to be big or a capital- intensive startup. Just start with the baby steps eg... Taking pictures of wildlife and documenting, writing positive stories in your diary, trying your hand in document creating and sending to a friend to vet etc, all in preparation for the bigger venture of whatever vocation you are aiming

Emotional grief affects your health

Decide that no matter what, it won't get better by giving up on being happy or by giving up on life. Neither will worsening your health situation, by being continually depresses, help in any way.

An emotional challenge could be from family persecutions for being gay, a cheating lover or the loss of a close relation. First positive step would be to decide to distance yourself from your source of sadness. Grieve by processing your emotions, talk to people, understand why and what your emotions are. Then decide not to dwell emotionally on the pain for long.

Proof

It has been medically proven that emotional grief batters the immune system leaving you drained and more open to infection. Heart break and 'emo pain' can increase blood pressure and risks of blood clot. Deep grief can alter the heart muscle to result to what doctors identifies as 'broken heart syndrome'. 

(After I learnt these from my doctor during an emotional time of my life, I snapped from my downward spiral and decided being in emotional pain wasn't worth it) Just this decision alone gave me a whole new perspective)

About people communication or communication in relationships, every relationship that wants to grow MUST practice effective communication. I'm afraid to say that if one person in a relationship refuses to communicate, there are high chances they are unwilling to be in that relationship. But if their reasons for scarce communication is fear of being rejected or the fear of upsetting their partner, then it is the duty of their partner to be patient with them and to encourage them to unburden.

For instance, i'm of the opinion that f you love someone, you have to tell them. If they love you back, its time to define your relationship;  have an understanding with them and be on the same page with them, - whatever works for you two or three (pun). So that if you notice something is going wrong, you can talk to them about it. If you notice your partner is moody or ignoring you, don't assume, so you avoid baggages, rather have an honest communication with them to know why this or that is in this or that other way. If at the end of the day, its time to go, leave. If there's something to work on for one or both, work on it. But always stay true to yourself and give what you want to get. Chances are if you are good to them they will always come back but will you wait? (Pun again)

#Spread love and kindness

#Live your dreams

#Dont hold back from the ones you love; mum, dad, sisters and brothers , tell them you love them, its not forever.

And before long, you will be the hub that everyone circles around. 

-C