Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Observation so far

lala1990

• Moderators

Hmmm.. that challenged me actually. I do hope to be here and active still by 40! Polygamous as ever nonetheless :P see your face! Hahahaha ;)

Most times i don't understand what is been written here,that's why i don't say anything.pls try to make your contributions plain if possible thankyou.

• Moderators

What's all the back and forth about? It's not that serious. Participation is optional. But if you don't understand what's being said here then that's a different issue altogether. You simply need additional English classes

People just be throwing shades. Ahn ahn. Geez!

• Administrators

Haha and this goes to the Queen of Shades - Kimi.

Girl, you damn right...additional English lessons it is.

I've said my bit, some people are busy with their lives. No one needs to give any excuse , it's just obvious fact stated. To the people keeping the site alive , kudos

• Moderators

Is not fair this not what i meant.some posts are just annoying that's all.

Dear Suavity,

I most certainly misunderstood your comment. It came across as though you were deliberately taking a stab at some.

I do not enjoy causing hurt to another. I take back my words. Hopefully no lingering hurt feelings...

xx

• 4 weeks later...

On a more serious. We get busy atimes that we absolutely have no time for some stuff but that doesn't mean forever. And I also think it has to do with the Topic at hand. People like me, enjoy debate-like topics,opinions,and literary argumentative post.. Recently most topics we have ain't that ..... Because I spent most time looking for topics that challenges my intellectual abilities whn I come online, and I can't even put any effort into these replies anymore because its really not challenging enough for me. And because we have too much deerailers that sometimes makes the particular topic a lil bit off me.

• Upvote 1

You should bring up the topics to debate on. Maybe we derail cause we don't see anything else to talk on.

I also enjoy intellectual debates. So, bring it on, please.

• Moderators

Spot-on! Teejay!

It does seem like a number of us view this from the wrong perspective. What is NL to you? A lesbian news feed site? A place where you come to have 'strictly' intellectual debates? Then I'm afraid you miss the point.

This is first a community. To 'build' any community, you must be willing to pay a price -as comes with most things. You need to give it the time and effort. ‎

We would not get very far if people only contributed or signed in fortnightly/monthly or bi-annually. It would disintegrate if we kept up trolling people who do not share the same opinions as we do. If we attacked and bullied people who only made a comment in the 'in search of a friend' section then I dare say we have a very long way to go -at building and sustaining this community. If the NLGBT community must make strides, it would start from here and with us. 

I believe in converts. Convert someone who came in with an intention to 'hook-up'. Trolling never did anyone much good than reveal the judegmental and short-sighted sides of us.

Derailing? It keeps this place active. If you noticed, topic being derailed aren't any of the 'serious' ones and most times, topics usually initiated by myself.  We each bring different things to the table which is largely a function of our varying backgrounds and personalities. 

That 'written' I would suggest that each must give what they can. I for one would never complain about participation levels because if we all shared in the concept of 'building' our community, we would act very differently. ‎

This would be my last comment on this thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mmmmuaah!,wish I could give u a deep intense wet kiss right now Kimi,i love u babylette.

Everyone is free to post whatever they want here as long as it does nt go against the forum's rules.

Now,I belive a large number of us actually have real life jobs despite our consistency on here.For example,i am currently writing this from my office.No one here is paying my bills and I aint paying nobody's either.I would rather close from work and participate in an "unserious" thread and cool my head from the day's wahala.

I come here to laugh and relax...I cant speak for everyone.We are all from different backgrounds,i don't expect u,u or u to like what I like.Hell even identical twins from same womb can still be differentiated.What might seem intellectual to u might not be intellectual to me and vice versa.

So please,Let's be fair and respect each other's point of view.One does not need to comment on what isn'nt of interest to the person.We mustn't say everything we see or hear.

Even if we are all here here for one mere fact:"like minds", we still have to remember that it is still ,"different strokes for different folks"

#my2f***kingcents#

• Upvote 1

How come Sleeky didn't entertain me with that her usual? C'mon, gurl.

Catwalk. Do that hair fling thing as you look back. Bat your eyes. Smile.

Ahhh....that's cool. You can catwalk away now. Think I just wet my pants.

How come Sleeky didn't entertain me with that her usual? C'mon, gurl.

Catwalk. Do that hair fling thing as you look back. Bat your eyes. Smile.

Ahhh....that's cool. You can catwalk away now. Think I just wet my pants.

hahaha you f***king derailer!

u're so unbearable,u know that right?

hahahaha

Mmmmuaah!,wish I could give u a deep intense wet kiss right now Kimi,i love u babylette.

Everyone is free to post whatever they want here as long as it does nt go against the forum's rules.

Now,I belive a large number of us actually have real life jobs despite our consistency on here.For example,i am currently writing this from my office.No one here is paying my bills and I aint paying nobody's either.I would rather close from work and participate in an "unserious" thread and cool my head from the day's wahala.

I come here to laugh and relax...I cant speak for everyone.We are all from different backgrounds,i don't expect u,u or u to like what I like.Hell even identical twins from same womb can still be differentiated.What might seem intellectual to u might not be intellectual to me and vice versa.

So please,Let's be fair and respect each other's point of view.One does not need to comment on what isn'nt of interest to the person.We mustn't say everything we see or hear.

Even if we are all here here for one mere fact:"like minds", we still have to remember that it is still ,"different strokes for different folks"

#my2f***kingcents#

lol why are you being defensive? Nobody asked you to like what she likes or to not participate in 'unserious' threads. And no one is stopping you from posting what ever you want.

Some of us just want more, nothing wrong with that.

like you said, respect each other's point of view.

hahaha you f***king derailer!

u're so unbearable,u know that right?

hahahaha

(To audience..) I love it when she gets feisty! Aww!

Where's Kimi? Kimi come back. This place is incomplete without you...

lol why are you being defensive? Nobody asked you to like what she likes or to not participate in 'unserious' threads. And no one is stopping you from posting what ever you want.

Some of us just want more, nothing wrong with that.

like you said, respect each other's point of view.

You just came to mis-quote what I said here, is this ur idea of respecting people's point of view or u just completely got urself confused.

Dreamgal,Re-read and understand what the point am making is since it has obviously directly struck you in the heart.while u are at it ,go ask google the actual meaning of being defensive.

sweetheart if u want more ,then put it out there,don't wait for people to do it for u.Don't go blabbing blindly.