Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

what's on your mind?

dequeen

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mimy said:

Exactly. The only mental illness my people understand is when you naked and enter road. Even that too is considered as hard work of enemies. We don't think conventional medication in that aspect. 

Yups... and this is quite sad. 

14 hours ago, scarlet said:

He's such a wicked and selfish young man who never thought of his family before bringing such pain and anguish upon them. 

Sigh. Why would you say this? Did you know the young man before his passing? Did you know the state of his mind? How he felt deep inside, did you know?

Yo! Man was sick, he didn't bring his mental illness upon himself. All his write-ups were just a way for him to "unburden" his mind. He said it himself, the various therapies didn't work and he resorted to writing. Sadness was his muse.

There's depression as sadness and depression as mental illness. And I don't think Chukwuemeka was just being a sad boy. I think it was more than that.

I'm not saying that I knew him, I didn't. Only through his posts did I know him (a little). Hence, I won't speak like one who knew him but from what I understood.

He had his happy moments but those were fleeting; lasting only a little while before he was washed by a wave of sadness that felt all consuming. He had therapists and according to him, none helped him. He resolved last year to live after his various attempts on suicide. He saw himself as a suicide survivor (a semi colon). He was looking forward to this year. But I don't think he was completely free as he thought he was.

Sigh. All I'm trying to say is that he shouldn't be blamed. His soul needed release. His mind wasn't in a good place and no one else should be blamed for what happened (his dying, I mean). I think, dying gave him his release and I do hope he is free.

You know, on the day I heard about his death, a thought crossed my mind which was: "I'm sure Chukwuemeka would say, 'at last, it finally worked this time'." 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RayBlac said:

Sigh. All I'm trying to say is that he shouldn't be blamed. His soul needed release. His mind wasn't in a good place and no one else should be blamed for what happened (his dying, I mean). I think, dying gave him his release and I do hope he is free.

You know, on the day I heard about his death, a thought crossed my mind which was: "I'm sure Chukwuemeka would say, 'at last, it finally worked this time'." 

Do you have any atom of idea how he's death would stigmatize his family forever? This is Igbo culture we are talking about here.  He chose to kill myself as the only way out after so many pleas and counsel. That's wickedness to me. Go back and read where I stated the reason I blamed him. This days, I have worked on numerous suicidal stories, and one peculiar thing about Akachi's case which made it stood out from the rest is that he was the only one who had access to therapy unlike the Uniport female student, or the young Bayelsan guy, or even the Anambra man who very recently killed himself because of his fiancée behavior, and countless others. My point?  None of these people had  a chance to treatment. None! Aka  on the other hand had so many chances, went through series of clinical treatments, but yet already made his mind hence the reason he still went ahead to kill himself. So I blame him, for giving up, for refusing to keep fighting, and for bringing such shame and anguish upon his family. I blame him.

• Upvote 1

Mental illness aside, you'd also have to be a selfish person to go through with suicide, but I'll leave the judgement to a higher power. 

'It's a historic day for our LGBTQ+ family in Asia! Taiwan's parliament has officially legalized same-sex marriage making it the first place in Asia to pass gay marriage legislation.  🏳️‍🌈🤩💕 #lovewins'

Congratulations Taiwan for stepping forward in human progress. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mimy said:

'It's a historic day for our LGBTQ+ family in Asia! Taiwan's parliament has officially legalized same-sex marriage making it the first place in Asia to pass gay marriage legislation.  🏳️‍🌈🤩💕 #lovewins'

Congratulations Taiwan for stepping forward in human progress. 

Such brilliant news!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, scarlet said:

So I blame him, for giving up, for refusing to keep fighting, and for bringing such shame and anguish upon his family. I blame him.

Don't blame the lad... we all can't be as strong. Sometimes, the mind wins.

A sick man doesn't see or think in the lines of "selfish". It's almost like when you try saving a drowning man from water, you are always advised to approach and grab from the back because in trying to save himself, he may subdue and drown his helper. That isn't selfish. A man battling for life under water or in his mind is not capable of any rational thinking. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, kimi said:

A sick man doesn't see or think in the lines of "selfish". It's almost like when you try saving a drowning man from water, you are always advised to approach and grab from the back because in trying to save himself, he may subdue and drown his helper. That isn't selfish. A man battling for life under water or in his mind is not capable of any rational thinking. 

You are full of wisdom Arch. You just nailed it.. 🤗😊

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Txunamy said:

You are full of wisdom Arch.

Hahahaha... thanks my child 🙄. Now we wait. Lol

23 hours ago, kimi said:

Nothing can be so truer.  I'd have to agree with you on this one. 

Having the knowledge and manners of the upper class, but no money to back them up, can be painful and distressing.

Life sef

Some of us are doomed to love those who can't love us back, if we can survive this we can possibly survive anything. When the heart is broken the soul is strengthen, if only we let it.

• Moderators

It's raining a storm and we know what comes with the rains? 🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🛵🛵🛵🚲🚲🚜🚜🚖🚖🚖🚖🚕🚕🚕🚕🚗🚗🚗🚗🚙🚙🚚🚚🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚚🚚🚚🚙🚙🚙🚲🚲🚲🚲🛵🛵🛵🛵🛵🛵🚛🚛🚛🚲🚲🚜🚘🚘🚘🚖🚖🚖🚖🚕🚕🚕🚗🚗🚗🚙🚙🚚🛑🚦🚥 🙄

8 hours ago, kimi said:

It's raining a storm and we know what comes with the rains? 🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🛵🛵🛵🚲🚲🚜🚜🚖🚖🚖🚖🚕🚕🚕🚕🚗🚗🚗🚗🚙🚙🚚🚚🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚛🚚🚚🚚🚙🚙🚙🚲🚲🚲🚲🛵🛵🛵🛵🛵🛵🚛🚛🚛🚲🚲🚜🚘🚘🚘🚖🚖🚖🚖🚕🚕🚕🚗🚗🚗🚙🚙🚚🛑🚦🚥 🙄

Babies? Lol 

You know you never believed it whenever I said you are my highness..

oya luukat me nah😂😂

Aguru gi agugbuonam😘

Had this phase of my life where i was so obsessed with American movies. I couldn’t watch anything else, nor go a day with seeing a movie. These days I'd rather sleep or read a book than sit in front of a screen to watch 'feem'. 

Adulting issa scam.

Almost every post on social media: Abortion, pro choice, pro life, pro yen yen yen yen... 

Lesbians: 💅💅

'BREXITING' (verb)

Telling every one around that you are leaving but actually staying

Eg: Maggie is at the party, brexiting by the fridge the past one hour