Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

what's on your mind?

dequeen

• Moderators

What would you think of me if I alone ate all 10pcs of the kfc Wednesday wow chicken offer? 

• Moderators

Happiness is when you have noth8ng to type but ypu still chpose to type anyway. It is also when yoh have spelt words weongly but you aren't botjered to use the autocorrst option. 🙄

9 hours ago, Txunamy said:

I Don't Agree Hawk Dear, I Despise some Nigerian Guys, because, well, They are guys, But I don't agree that half of the 'Stupid Guys' are in Nigeria. I Mean, you talking global.. 

I Just Think Half is too Large a percentage... 😀

I Am serious Though.. 

Of All the World population? 50%? 

Maybe you need to to define what 'Stupid' means to you in the context.. 

Lool but I was exaggerating naa 😆 I basically was just trying to say there are way too many stupid men in our country.

11 hours ago, kimi said:

What would you think of me if I alone ate all 10pcs of the kfc Wednesday wow chicken offer? 

I'd say "you living in the moment" jare.  Life is short. 😋 So enjoy if you must. But I also think, the joy behind the act is not fully felt until you share the bucket of chicken with friends😄😍

That's the only way I enjoy it though. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, scarlet said:

the joy behind the act is not fully felt until you share the bucket of chicken with friends😄😍

That's the only way I enjoy it though. 

Loool. Now this is the hard part. Easy when it's with family and those I don't mind spending on. Lol. Does not include colleagues 🙄

6 hours ago, Hawken said:

Lool but I was exaggerating naa 😆 I basically was just trying to say there are way too many stupid men in our country.

😀 That sounds About Right. I for fear Sha. 

15 hours ago, kimi said:

Happiness is when you have noth8ng to type but ypu still chpose to type anyway. It is also when yoh have spelt words weongly but you aren't botjered to use the autocorrst option. 🙄

My child😊

15 hours ago, kimi said:

I would merely say 'Wow!  How did you do it? '

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

I would merely say 'Wow!  How did you do it? '

I haven't yet but I would soon. Lol. I would share... 😐

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Mimy said:

I've been feeling really sad with the new of a young brilliant UNN student who took his life. 

Wow.... hugs... I'll go read about it. Sighs... 

8 hours ago, kimi said:

I haven't yet but I would soon. Lol. I would share... 😐

Don't.. And yes, Do share.. 😀

13 hours ago, Mimy said:

I've been feeling really sad with the new of a young brilliant UNN student who took his life. 

The increasingly rate at which young people commit suicide is becoming alarming. As for the UNN student , i think the young chap fed himself with so many destructive books. (I heard he read alot) Sadly, he took every text and thing to heart. Swallowed all the dark thoughts and unpalatable knowledge he could have discarded. Unfortunately for him, he  was consumed by the same wisdom he sought out for.

Dude asked where atheist go to when they die? Well, I hope he finds out now. And i pray he finds peace in death.

14 minutes ago, scarlet said:

The increasingly rate at which young people commit suicide is becoming alarming. As for the UNN student , i think the young chap fed himself with so many destructive books. (I heard he read alot) Sadly, he took every text and thing to heart. Swallowed all the dark thoughts and unpalatable knowledge he could have discarded. Unfortunately for him, he  was consumed by the same wisdom he sought out for.

Dude asked where atheist go to when they die? Well, I hope he finds out now. And i pray he finds peace in death.

I went through his Facebook time-line. It's obvious the guy was caught in that dark web of nothingness, checking out of life seems like the only way. 
Poor baby 😟

He was depressed. As in clinical depression as an illness (mental illness). The kind people don't snap out of without treatment. I don't even understand Nigerians when they say snapping out of depression, like people snaps out of malaria or cancer 😏

Being clinically depressed in a country where people take such illness as diabolical is deep shit. You never get the help you deserve. 

17 minutes ago, Mimy said:

I went through his Facebook time-line. It's obvious the guy was caught in that dark web of nothingness, checking out of life seems like the only way. 
Poor baby 😟

He was depressed. As in clinical depression as an illness (mental illness). The kind people don't snap out of without treatment. I don't even understand Nigerians when they say snapping out of depression, like people snaps out of malaria or cancer 😏

Being clinically depressed in a country where people take such illness as diabolical is deep shit. You never get the help you deserve. 

Do you know two lecturers were assigned to him from the department of Guidance and counseling? He was prescribed treatment but he was an adamant young man. From the moment he conceived the idea of taking his own life in his mind, nothing and no one could stop him from bringing it to fulfilment expect God, whom he never believed in. I know this because I suffered the same illness in that school and got out with the help of a female (therapist) who was lecturer. 

I think he chose to end his life despite the so much counsel. He's such a wicked and selfish young man who never thought of his family before bringing such pain and anguish upon them. 

See, if no one had counseled him, i wouldn't have blamed him. But he knew exactly what he was doing. Interestingly, the kind of books he consumed historically, many of the authors committed suicide too.

May his soul find rest. That's all there's to it.

19 minutes ago, scarlet said:

Do you know two lecturers were assigned to him from the department of Guidance and counseling? He was prescribed treatment but he was an adamant young man. From the moment he conceived the idea of taking his own life in his mind, nothing and no one could stop him from bringing it to fulfilment expect God, whom he never believed in. I know this because I suffered the same illness in that school and got out with the help of a female (therapist) who was lecturer. 

I think he chose to end his life despite the so much counsel. He's such a wicked and selfish young man who never thought of his family before bringing such pain and anguish upon them. 

See, if no one had counseled him, i wouldn't have blamed him. But he knew exactly what he was doing. Interestingly, the kind of books he consumed historically, many of the authors committed suicide too.

May his soul find rest. That's all there's to it.

From what I read, it's says depression may require long-term treatment though it's different with individuals. Most people with depression feel better with medication, psychotherapy or both and it take a long time for others 

Read here. 👇🏿

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/symptoms-causes/syc-20356007

Reading suicide inducing books or preferring the company of those with suicidal thoughts is all symptoms of major depression not his doing. Dude was ill, a mental one at that. He should have been treated as such and never been left all alone by himself. 

36 minutes ago, Mimy said:

Poor baby 😟

True. Most Africans believe any mental illness is spiritual.  I recently learnt about Tourette syndrome. Its a nervous and brain condition that makes the sufferers tick constantly. When I did more research on that, I discovered that the people living with Tourettes present the same condition as most People we call 'Mad people' on the streets. Its sad because no one diagnosed them.  Many of them were driven out of their homes by family when they get frustrated and tired of carrying them around spiritual homes. 

I don't even like to think of things like this. It bothers me. Sigh.. 

@scarlet, Akachi resorting to reading dark literature, if you like, is actually symptomatic of a more deep-seated issue. It's not the cause, rather the manifestation of a bigger problem within.

7 hours ago, Txunamy said:

True. Most Africans believe any mental illness is spiritual.  I recently learnt about Tourette syndrome. Its a nervous and brain condition that makes the sufferers tick constantly. When I did more research on that, I discovered that the people living with Tourettes present the same condition as most People we call 'Mad people' on the streets. Its sad because no one diagnosed them.  Many of them were driven out of their homes by family when they get frustrated and tired of carrying them around spiritual homes. 

I don't even like to think of things like this. It bothers me. Sigh.. 

Exactly. The only mental illness my people understand is when you naked and enter road. Even that too is considered as hard work of enemies. We don't think conventional medication in that aspect. 

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

@scarlet, Akachi resorting to reading dark literature, if you like, is actually symptomatic of a more deep-seated issue. It's not the cause, rather the manifestation of a bigger problem within.

Okay.