Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

A Very Public Diary ☻

kimi

• Moderators

Playing Catch-up.

It's been a good day today. I'm grateful for beauiful conversations. I'm craving suya. Lol. I'm also craving that lovely fish wrap from Danfo. 

It's weird how I had something I wanted to journal about at my finger tip and it has so eluded me. Geez. I hope I remember. It was a valuable thought...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow... it woul be a good day.

Here's hoping that you all have something to be happy about this season. 

• Moderators

The Bug.

There's this bug going around and I think I've caught it! Sore throat, dry and chesty cough and lots of sneezing...

This time of year, pre-COVID, it would have been a normal occurrence as there would be no cause for serious concern. Lol. These days, everything is different. The slightest headache is suspect. 

It must be the advent of the Harmattan. The air is pretty dry and a tad annoying... what can I say! "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" lool. 

I'm on my second bottle of cough syrup.. lol. I should have gotten antibiotics but I'm not in the mood to swallow any pills right now. Lol. Fingers crossed that it clears by tomorrow at least... 

It is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... 🎄

• Moderators

To Be Loved.

When you both feel seen, heard, understood and celebrated, you will know for a fact that you are loved.

• Moderators

Christmas is everywhere.

I'm practically seeing Christmas in almost everything. When street lights come up, when break lights come on, when a stream of cars in traffic have their tail lights go red at the same time. 

Christmas is in the weather, it's on faces of strangers, it's in the quick steps rushing to get things done, it's in the rowdy markets and the busy steeets. The traffic these past couple of days is cerrainly due to Christmas -as more people are having to move around to tidy up their own Christmas plans. 

It's in the voice of your lover and the warmness of her smile. It's in how she says "I love you" this time of year.

Ho Ho Ho...

• Moderators

Christmas Eve.

What better way to spend the evening than with a nice glass of red wine, some of my favourite food and cookies. Lol... and with lots of love in my heart. There is a lot to be #Thankful for.

Just in case I don't make it here tomorrow... have yourselves a merry Christmas: make merry, drink wine, eat fat and may you all find true love.

📿

• Moderators

This Christmas...

Oh wow... lol. I was away a while.... lol. This title reminds me of the song.... "This Christmas, I gave you my heart" lol. 

Best Christmas in a while... 

Compliments of the Season to you all. Mine was a Christmas filled with lots of cheer, lots of joy, lots of peace and more importantly, lots of love. 

I'm thankful for how the last couple of days have gone... I'm truly thankful. 

• Moderators

Ramblings.

It always feels so good to have friends who are genuinely happy about your wins and celebrate these with you... I shouldn't take it for granted. I am fortunate. Like begets like I guess. Loool ☻

I hereby qualify myself as a relationship expert/love guru. Lol. I'm amazed by the depth of wisdom that often drops in my heart from time to time.

This week has been alright... easing gradually into "normal" after all the holidays. Thankfully, the roads still aren't at a 100% capacity but its close. Lol. This year, Lagos was particularly still very busy! I'm guessing that not as many people travelled out of town this time of year.

It's a good day today. Everyday is to be honest. It all lies in perspective. 

• Moderators

Being Intentional. 

Now, that's a virtue on its own. The beauty about a healthy relationship is in always seeking to be the best version of yourselves for each other. In apologizing when you sense there is need for it and in being conscious of your SO's energy drop. 

Loving is in the little things. 

• Moderators

Magical Hug.

Well... I'm not sure what else to title this. Lol. 

A while back, I went out to the beach with a few very senior colleagues and their friends. They've been asking me to come hang out for a while but that very day, I finally decided to get it over and done with. Plus someone once said "always take up the opportunity to socialize when offered by C-Level execs"

It was a lovely, relaxing time for me as I particularly enjoy people watching. Lol.  

Just as we were about calling it a day, one of the friends of the guys gave me a hug and the hug was so intimate and lingered so much that I started to feel tears well up in my eyes. It was as though she could see through my soul. As though she knew something about me and wanted to give me a reassuring if-you-need-me-I'm-here-typa hug. The memory of that hug has stayed with me ever since. In some ways, I feel like I would never forget it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Valentine's.

Yep! It's that time of year (in a month) and I've been racking my brain on what to get... so many options but still not settled on any one yet. 

It doesn't help that it falls on a Monday either. Grrr... lol. 

She always loves my gifts but I want this to be super romantic. I think it's me she loves. Lol. So whatever I whip up, she loves too... 

In the end, it will all work out. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

This Year.

For most, it would be like every other year. Like the one before it and the one before that and the one before. Nothing drastic changes. No real progress made.... just another living experience. 

The power is always in our hands to do things differently. To live out our dreams. To take those big or small steps that move us in the direction we would rather be on. 

This year holds a lot of promise. 

Of course, there are events that would distract and try to sway or stop you. The question remains  - how badly do you want it?

This year is just another year, like others before it. It is up to you to make it Your Year.

• Moderators

Marriage.

Can two work together except they agree? Lol. Honestly, I don't know what my thoughts are about getting married. 

There was a time in my life where that was the ultimate goal. Lol. The ultimate prize of my journey... but over the years, my interest seems to have waned. I pretty much started to think of it as being overrated. In a lot of ways, I was content with just having a partner that I am committed to and didn't mind going on that journey until one of us got tired. Lol. 

These days... I'm still not sure but I realize that I enjoy the thought of an engagement band and the sense of being engaged to someone. Am I slowly coming around? Lol.

I think I value "family" but I am not entirely sure what that means for me and my journey.

Time perhaps would resolve all these grey areas...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ask And It Is Given:

If You Are Hungry Enough, You Can Transform Your Life. The Power Always Lies With You.

You Are The Master Of Your Fate. 

Seek And Ye Shall Find. A Law That Always Holds True. 

• Moderators

To Voice Out of To Keep It All In.

Well... I have always been #TeamKeepItAllIn. It worked magic for me to be able to ruminate over a matter, toss it around in my head and really sit with it until I unravel its mysteries... lol. These days, I am realizing that it does work but it takes a hell of time. 

I have started to share a bit more and hear the thoughts as they roll out of my lips. I see myself having light-bulb moments as I gradually unravel mysteries in such record time. Lol.

I've found a template that works and I'm super glad that I have found my way. 

I cherish every bit of it. 

• Moderators

I'm Excited About This Valentine's!

I'm well aware that mummy GO is strongly against it 🤭 Hahahaha... but I can't help myself. 

It's funny because it's not like anything "major" is happening... I guess I'm excited for the company and the unwrapping of the gift? Lol. It took me a while to decide on something but thankfully my subtle research work paid off. Lol. I hope she likes it. I hope that it makes her smile. Most of all, I hope I get a kiss for it. Hahahahaha.

I enjoy giving cards. I enjoy writing in cards because the words they come with are never really adequate. Sometimes, I as much as replace words. Lol. I draw a line across some and replace with a more suitable alternative. What can I say? I'm such a lover at heart. Lol.

I'm thankful for a lot of things. I'm thankful for her and for us. She is an answer to many prayers. 

• Moderators

Cooking.

I would do it only if It were the very last option. Lol. Never enjoyed cooking. I just don't get it. Lol... I'm Thankful for options.

• Moderators

Documenting. 

I'm not sure what it is. Is it old age? Lool. Or is it simply selective remembering? Hmmmm... 

These days, I find that remembering certain things is almost like searching for a needle in a haystack. Lol. For example, I was asked by my SO what I did last weekend and for the life of me, it felt as though I was searching a blank slate. Nothing came up! ...and this left me wondering why. It was she who remembered on my behalf!

Perhaps I have excessive mecury in my system? I've heard of such a thing. You know what? Google to the rescue. 

Of course... I know that I am in the habit of surface remembering details that I consider mundane. Perhaps, my mind has now taken this to a whole new level. Lol. Way to go mind! Looool.

Which brings me to why I'm considering documenting things. Lol. Documenting certain important aspects of my life but you know what? Google first. Lol. 

• Moderators

New Display Picture.

I love my new NL dp. It was thoughtfully conceived. It does mean something. Lol. It is special. I love the colour as well. Quite striking. 

• Moderators

Mood Conscious.

There are some people that can alter the mood of a room just with their presence. If they are sad or unhappy, the energy in thag space drops. If they are happy, the room lights up! I think I am one of those.... 

I realize now that it does place a huge responsibility on such persons to be conscious of this fact and be intentional/aware of the energy they bring into spaces. 

..and it is amazing how one can quickly switch moods from bad to good. She does it quite easily! It has to be a special talent. She's really one happy kid. Lol. I typically fall into the ctegory of those who like their upset time to be uninterrupted. Who don't want to switch when their mood drops. Lol. I typically just want to be left alone to sit and sulk in it. Hahahaha. 

But you know what? Time is precious and life is to be enjoyed and so these days... I am listening more to the voice which tells me to let it go and allow myself to be happy. I used to like to dwell most especially to figure things out. To get to the root of what has caused my upset and of course (go figure. lol) what that only achieves is to keep me locked in that energy space. Right now, I'm adopting "recognizing" that I have been derailed but instead of launching into the usual, extensive root cause analysis of  trying to trace it to some childhood incidence (lol), a surface understanding of what has triggered it suffices. It is now a case of 'if you don't like it, the power lies with you to change it.'

• Moderators

What Do I Really Sound Like. 

Loool. I often wonder what I sound like. Between us both, I love to hear my self speak. Hahahahaha. I always go back to listen to my voice notes each time I send one -to be sure that I have communicated what I had intended of course. Lool. 

What is it with women and my voice. Lool. I wonder what they hear or rather, how they perceive it because, I simply don't hear what they do when I listen to myself. Now I'm considering insuring it. Lool 🤭🙃☻. I love the compliments. Lol. It is soothing they say... interesting. 

Oh well... sighs. Lol.

• Moderators

Intentional Friendships.

It is an amazing feeling to have a select few who you are intentional about and vice versa. 

I keep a very small circle. Quite few make up this circle. Lol. Honestly, I am one of those who find friendships exhausting but for some reason, these sets of people in my life have sort of stood the test of time. 

I am also realizing that being intentional about friendships is what makes them special. Yesterday was a "friends catch-up" day. I did an outing with one set and settled in later in the day to have meaningful conversations with another friend. It was a pretty long day... lol. 

I enjoy being an island but you know what? I don't mind these bunch at all. The investment is very much worth it. 

• Moderators

Art.

A quote from a piece of art I saw. Quite profound and so true.

"So you see dear boy", said the wise old farmer. "You are never too deep in darkness for the light to find you. Just ask the seed"

#word 📿