Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

A Very Public Diary ☻

kimi

• Moderators

Angel Numbers. Lol

Is there such a thing? Hmmmm... 

I don't know for sure. She says to make a wish when I come across them. Lol. Today, I did... 

11:11

We'll see ☻

• Moderators

Imposition.

If you know me well enough, you would know that I don't appreciate being sent Christian content i.e. broadcasts, live streams etc... you get the picture. Lol.

Sometimes, our friends think that when you do not subscribe to these things, you've automatically sold your soul to the devil. Lol. It's worrisome really how "Christians" like to impose, disregarding the wishes of another and think it to be okay. It amazes me that even the educated adopt this approach and see nothing wrong with it. 

Well... to cut the long story short. I enjoy putting people in their place and showing them where the boundaries lie, close friend or not. 

Respect is the name of the game. You don't have to understand or accept my point of view, but at the least, respect it.

Well... this applies to all forms of imposition. I tend to take special offense to the religion related ones. Lol ☻

#Selah 📿

• Moderators

Growth.

We grow even without noticing it. Sometimes, this only comes to light when you are in a room full of people and you are amazed by how lacking in depth their thought processes are. 

Well... it is a nice feeling. Lol. What follows however is a feeling of outgrowing certain people, circumstances etc... 

Such is life I guess. We must strive to keep growing. 

• Moderators

I love Kids.

I absolutely love kids. Anyone who knows me picks up on this almost instantly. But... I have never really wanted one. Lol. At least not from my body....  and this has been for as long as I can remember. Secondary school thereabouts. At that point in my life, I didn't even want to get married. I just didn't see the point of it all. I detested the thought of being domesticated and living the stereotypical "life of a woman". Thank goodness. 

While I love kids, people around me find it hard comprehending why someone who loves kids as much as myself wouldn't want one. Well... there you have it. It is real. Not everyone wants to have children. Lol. 

• Moderators

Mentors. 

It is important to have mentors. Very crucial. People who can show you the ropes and speak for you. People who take particular interest in you and commit to helping you succeed in or at life. Lol. 

Perhaps, be a mentor. There is always someone whose life you can add value to. There are lots of people out there who can benefit from some of what you know. Start small. Advocate for someone. Be someone's sponsor. Be a beacon of light. Be light itself.

#Selah 📿

• Moderators

Kids.

kids are attention seekers. Lol. You absolutely know when there is something up with them. Lol. It is cute really and ridiculous at the same time. It is especially hilarious when you pretend not to notice that they aren't too happy about something. In "my case" this particular kid moves around making whimpering sounds. Lol. Almost like a puppy would. Lol. Where does he even learn it from. Lool. 

So he goes about making those noises until I again pretend to just notice and ask what the matter is or if he's alright. Then, as someone who had been waiting to be asked, he would usually go "uh uh". Loool. Then the dialogue starts!  Until we eventually get to the source of his unhappiness which is most often than not able a TV show or mum not allowing him to play the PS game. Then of course, I do what I can or simply cheer him up if I'm in support of the punishment. 

The beautiful life of an aunty. Lol. 

• Moderators

Cravings.

It is weird that I always crave something extra right after eating dinner. A sugar craving like a doughnut or cookies usually. I think that it is simply habit. I must have developed the habit and gotten so used to it that I now struggle to keep myself under leash. Lol.

It also doesn't help that my brain doesn't give the "full" signal until I have satisfied this craving. Weird... thankfully, I am aware of this and can hopefully minimize the impulse to give in to the cravings. #fitfam life. lool

• Moderators

Awkward Introductions.

Geez... how to act when people want to get married and they introduce their SO to you and you are the awkwardly social one. Lool. 

I'm not really one for forcing smiles or being sweet when I don't feel like it. I'm a firm believer in "in time, things sort themselves out". So! I have performed my civic duty. Lol. Truly awkward, not sure I scored an A. Perhaps a D. Lool. 

Oh well... 

• Moderators

Not Falling For That Trick!

Loool. So, I'm on the phone to my SO and another call comes through... she says that it is okay to pick it up. But I did the smart thing and declined the kind gesture and continued with our phone conversation instead. Lool.

All I can say is, once beaten, forever shy! Looool.

• Moderators

Abuse.

One too many! Sighs... Exhausting. 

What I find rather disturbing is when the abused recounting their experiences to a close friend asks that they keep it secret! To what end? So that they can testify in court at their demise!?! Geez... depressing. 

To whom it may concern:

It is never too late to pull out. You survived before them, you will survive without them. Love yourself enough. 

• Moderators

The Jesus Movie.

It's been ages! I remember watching those sort of movies every good Friday while growing up. Loool. We (kids) would feel so sad and sometimes, close to tears. Lol. Thinking back, I wonder what my parents gained from putting us through that!! Loool. I guess it was their way of getting us in the Easter spirit with our souls and minds renewed for christ. Lool.

Which brings me back to why I'm posting this. Lol. So, today, I saw a group of people watching the Jesus movie and for the life of me, I didn't think it was still a thing.. lol. I guess some traditions never die. 

Humans (not all) by nature need something to hold on to. Some form of hope. Some higher power... To each their own.

Selah 📿

• Moderators

Dates.

I enjoy going out on dates. I enjoy dressing up to please. Hahahahaha. I enjoy watching her get ready ☻ I enjoy stealing glances at the finished work of art. Lol.

Most of all, I enjoy trying out new places/dishes with her. I enjoy the banter. I enjoy the deep conversations. I enjoy our dates. It never gets old. 

Ife ati atupa. Lol. 

• Moderators

When Angry, Do Not Sin.

I have noticed that my default response to when someone has upset me is to "isolate" or to "withdraw" or simply be in the same space but be rather quiet. Okay okay.. lol. This behaviour is reserved for those who are very close to me. Because..., depending on the nature of the "offence", I happen to be blessed with great vocabulary meaning that I have the right set of words for the offender. Lol. 

Coming back to those close to me. I think I prefer silence because it ensures that I do not say the wrong things thereby eliminating the incidences of guilt or deep regret. So yes, silence helps and after a while and after I must have gone through the myriad of emotions or simply reflected on the incidence, I am better for it. We are better for it. Lol. 

Silence when used in this way, I believe, is a tool for the wise.

#Selah 📿

• Moderators

Teary Eyed. 

Geez... I can't remember when last I got teary eyed over a movie besides today? Lol ☻

Could this mean that I'm ready for kids ? Lol... hmmmm... I'm a big baby at heart for sure. Lol. 

Well... the best humans comw packaged this way *wink* 

• Moderators

Thoughts To Ponder.

So yesterday, something happened and someone made a comment that set me off on a research about "heads (ori)" in the Yoruba culture. 

I did find a few helpful papers that attibuted the head aka ori inu to being one's personal deity or one's spirit guide. (Who knew that there was a physical head and also an "inner" head right) lol. Anyways, I read on. Very interesting I must confess. This research has made me more fascinated with the culture. I may very well become a traditionalist. There is so much beauty in the spiritual aspect of the culture for me. I am intrigued by it. 

To stop this very short story from digressing and becoming a long one, lol, I think my take away from all I read is that each person's "head" comes with a spirit. A different spirit for each (which apparently is supposedly chosen by the person's soul at creation!) Deep! There has to be something there... I would read some more.

• Moderators

Voice Is A Thing For Me.

I love a very fine, polished and feminine voice. Excellent diction is huge for me... and she's got all that. She  is perfect. Lol

I am always complementing her about how attractive I find her voice and how very smooth and pleasing to the ear it is. As always, she smiles and thanks me. Lol. Weird. Then I asked if she's been told before and she says no. What?! They must have all been very deaf indeed! What?!. Lol. 

One of the best voices I have experienced... I correct myself, the best. 

• Moderators

The Universe Always Answers To You When You Call.

When you call from the purest place that is your heart, you do move mountains. 

Why do I have a feeling that I would read this entry in a few months and believe it was inspired not by the mind of man but by a far greater power 🤭 lol. 

• Moderators

Smileys. Lol.

I think my smiley usuage has evolved as well 😐 lol.

These days, one of my faves is: 🤭 and 🙃 lol. 

It isn't so obvious that I'm a tad bored at the moment,  fighting off sleep and eager to jump at any messages that come in from "you know who". Lol. Whew! I dodged the questioning daggers of "friends" today. 

• Moderators

The "Long" Weekend.

Well.... my weekend is technically just starting today. The last 7 days have been busy. Full of activity. I get to relax and prepare for the week. 

Sleepy.... lol 😴

• Moderators

The Weekend.

What a busy weekend I had... which ended on a good and high note. Never a dull moment with her. Lol. 

Anyways, I've been meaning to put up a post for a while. Well... at the start of the weekend. Lol. But it got so busy and I then i got exhausted. I'll share it in my next journal entry right about now. Lol ☻

• Moderators

Shopping Preferences

Okay... there's one arguement I usually stand by when it comes to where to shop.

I would choose the malls over the open (informal) market any day and for one simple reason - everyone is subject to the same price!

The one thing I loathe about the open market is the haggling. I've never liked it and I've never been skillful at it. I really detest it. This dislike was exacerbated quite recently when a male friend of mine told me that he had bought some sweet potatoes and when I saw them, I was sad because he had been cheated. They had sold him 4 tiny pieces for the price of 6 massive pieces. I didn't tell him of course but then this stirred up the dislike that I have for these markets. Geez!

I believe in fairness and those open market don't offer that. Sadly, some things still have to be bought from there. Sighs... 

• Moderators

Proposals... 

Lol. Okay. This is more private. It should stay in my head for now. I have a lot of thoughts to share around this. I hope she doesn't beat me to it. 

Geez, it's very serious business. It should be. 

• Moderators

Running on Autopilot. 

Wow... I have just put a name to it! Autopilot!! That's how I've operated for the last decade. Wow.... ! I go through most things so quickly that I never get to really soak in and relish the process. 

Seems like life was a big checklist that I had to get through in record time.... 

Well... starting today, things will be done differently.

• Moderators

TGIF.

I gave myself an easy one today. Very deserving. It is relaxation, relaxation, relaxation all weekend long. 

It's been a busy few weeks. 

Sleepy.... lol. Off I go. Lol