Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

A Very Public Diary ☻

kimi

• Moderators

The Raining Season.

It's here and we ain't seen nothing yet. Lol.

Wow.... about last night: it rained and it poured and then the roads were a mess. I'm not sure what causes the gridlock but I've come to conclude that it is brought about by a multitude of people trying to leave the island at the same time in a bid to avoid the gridlock that brings it about. Lol. 

Na wa... 

Well... we are thankful for the rain and the many blessings that it brings with it.

• Moderators

So I Found Out...

That when I'm petered out, I withdraw from everyone. I withdraw into my shell and nothing seems exciting till I'm out of it. It's almost as though I feel nothing. A sort of numbness. 

Hmmmm... lol. Go figure of course, but, I just made this discovery. Lol. 

• Moderators

Say What?! 

Sighs.... lol. Some people are just bent on calling me "ma". Why? Smh... Geez. I really don't like it but they say they feel uncomfortable calling me otherwise! What about how I feel? Lol. Smh... anyways, anyone who substitutes my real name for "ma" gets called "ma" or "sir" in return. Two can most definitely play this game 😐

What took me aback was when some random person/customer at the saloon called me "ma". Haa. I must be old or must have a very stern face. Sighs... exhausting. Plus who are these people who go about greeting random people by the way! Lol. Why? Is that still a thing? You walk into a room and decide to greet strangers. Okay! You get the gold medal for manners I guess... oh well.

• Moderators

First Time.

There's a first time for everything. This time around, I made my first mosa 😏🤭☻ and it was as easy as ABC Lol.

So... In a bid to eat more fruits and veggies, I bought bananas which refused to get exhausted even when I had gotten tired of eating them. It got so bad that I was under pressure to eat them daily so that they don't go bad. Sighs... anyways, I decided to take control of the narrative and not let no bananas dictate how I live! 😁

I rushed off to Google and looked up banana mosa recipes, got my flour and voila, my mosa was born! My homemade "small chops" were very tasty if I must say so myself, for someone who isn't a fan of being in the kitchen. I impressed myself! I'm definitely trying it sometime soon. 

• Moderators

Complaining?

You absolutely must! Now let me explain.

When you get bad service, you need to speak up and not settle for second best especially when you are paying for it! I'm referring to restaurants (especially those upmarket types, especially these! Don't go easy on them).

Well... experience shows me that those who make the noise, get preferential treatment. You get the apology, you get a little something (discount, cake etc...) and you must certainly get on their radar. They look out for you and ensure you are catered to when next you show your problematic face 🤭

In summary, it is your right to refuse bad service. Use it. 

• Moderators

Alignment. 

There's this thing people believe: that if a lot of good things begin to happen to them when a certain person comes into their lives, then that person is a good omen and an usherer of good. 

Well... I'm not sure how I feel about that or if it holds any truth. Of course the reverse would also mean that when you are with the wrong person, things start to either feel stagnant or feel like a struggle. Perhaps there's something here... but who knows. 

I'm a force for good. I am Light 📿 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The Best.

What makes a gift special? It is the deliberate thought that goes into picking each item. 

She nailed it. How does anyone even surpass that! The best part? Hand delivered by the one I love the most. Words are really inadequate... 

My heart is overflowing with so much love. 

• Moderators

People Magnet.

People feel easily at ease with me... it has its benefits of course until it gets too much and they want to be besties. Lol. 

I enjoy my alone time so much that I would rather not share it with anyone other than my SO. These days, sighs, I'm having to give it up to a new found buddy. Lol. I'll have to think of something soon... to reduce the level of attachment that this person is building up in their minds... 

• Moderators

Old Age.

I'm having back aches... sighs. I think it is from not sitting right. Sighs... 

I'll try a deep tissue massage and see if it helps. 

It feels good to have some sweetness in your life. Lol. I digress... sowy🤭

• Moderators

Dodgy moves. 

Be careful what you tell your SO. Lol.

So, my SO knows that I love small chops! Most especially the puff puff and mosa! I could practically finish 50 in one sitting. Lol. (At least my mind tells me so). 

So, we planned a movie date. The plan was to get small chops from our newly discovered spot and sneak it into the theatre 🤭. To be honest with you, sneaking wouldn't have been necessary because the entrances are practically unmanned. Back to my story 😐! She got the small chops alright and told me that she got me 20 puff puffs. I was super excited and jumped right into it. She joined in as well. I noticed that we each had our boxes so I suggested that we start with my box and then we can start with hers in the movie hall. It was then that she CONFESSED that hers was chicken and chips 😐😐😐😐. Hahahahaha. Wow! She got me 20 puff puffs with no drink/water and got herself a whole meal 🤭🤭

Okay okay... she got me 5 snails in a seperate pack but still! 😐😏

We didn't see the movie... That's a story for another but we had a very very good time...

... and, the road trip was wild 😏🏳️‍🌈

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

What! 

Lool... I can't believe my last entry was in June!! I can understand why when I think back. Geez! It's been an intense couple of months. Lots of amazing things have been birthed. I'm thankful... 

• Moderators

Japa Season. 

Haaa. It feels like the working class are leaving in droves! Can I blame them? No way! 

I'm still not sure why I am such an incurable optimist. Lol... I see the good always and the opportunities... 

With these many exits from corporate Nigeria, HR Heads nationwide are facing perhaps thier biggest manpower challenge. The pressure to get new talent, get them quickly and cultivate a healthy pipeline/pool of candidates in waiting is enormous. 

The good side? Talent acquisition has become such an expensive venture and anyone who is worth their salt will be smiling to the bank in these times. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Fatigue.

Fatigue has a way of forcing discipline on you. Lol. You don't behave anyhow. Lol. 

For example, right now, I'm a tad hungry but girl... lol. My stomach would be okay till the morning. 

It's a good thing sometimes because it helps with task prioritization. When you are exhausted, you only devote attention/energy to those very important activities. Everyother thing can wait. 

• Moderators

Everyday this week...

I have gotten out of bed not knowing what I'd wear but guess what? I have not gone naked all week. Lol. 

Well... tonight is not any different. Perhaps a quick sneak peek. 

Feels like I'm sleep typing. Lol. 

Yeah... it's been a long day...  I have earned my right to go to sleep. Lol.

Good night world ☻️

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The whom much is given... scratch that! More like, uneasy lies the head... 

Na wa o... hahahahahaha. It's interesting how I imagined that the higher up the ladder one goes, the more they get to relax and just chill while others do the work. 

I haven't found the above to be particularly true. Where are these people who just lay about doing absolutely nothing while millions roll into their accounts? Where are these rich kids of wherever. Lol. 

I'm thankful for a lot of things. 

• Moderators

Transitioning into a new field...

Has never been the easiest of feats. I salute those who take that on! It takes a great degree of courage to embark on a journey where outcomes are unknown and where capabilities are yet to be tested. 

It is admirable (really) to find one's feet and to steady a ship swaying visciously to the waves of the sea. 

It is brave indeed to stay determined to excelling against all odds. 

To all who have dared to venture/pivot into a new space, I salute you and I'm rooting for you. Stay the course. It would pay off. 

You go girl!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Christmas has been successfully delivered...

...to my numero uno. My one and only true love. And she cried... lol

She has the most amazing soul... gosh I love you so much. 

Merry Christmas baby 🥰

• Like 1