Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Gist And Small Talk Thread

VINA

1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

Lol.. i am not missing out..i am just keeping me sane. Twitter and instagram is a crazy place to be. 

I get you jare. People on twitter are different breed. I really don't get why people think being mean on the internet is the new cool. As in these social platforms have other uses other than delivery savage post upandan. I follow lots of people whose lives were changed because of their single tweet. I personally know an ex Muslim in Kano who would probably have been killed by now if not for his tweet while in the psychiatric hospital because his parent believe he was mad for declaring apostasy. 

The Lagos gubernatorial candidate from ADP is so on point. Man is eloquent, learned and obviously came prepared. But unfortunately, Sanwo Olu is rubbing the right head.

24 minutes ago, Mimy said:

I get you jare. People on twitter are different breed. I really don't get why people think being mean on the internet is the new cool. As in these social platforms have other uses other than delivery savage post upandan. I follow lots of people whose lives were changed because of their single tweet. I personally know an ex Muslim in Kano who would probably have been killed by now if not for his tweet while in the psychiatric hospital because his parent believe he was mad for declaring apostasy. 

Wow!!

So, bet9ja is sponsoring Big Brother naija this year?

BBnaija is now politics. For those that would use their hard earned money to vote, you would see abracadabra in action🤣

Me? i would be watching.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Txunamy said:

So, bet9ja is sponsoring Big Brother naija this year?

BBnaija is now politics. For those that would use their hard earned money to vote, you would see abracadabra in action🤣

Me? i would be watching.

😂😂. I go still vote sha if e like make e no count like the presidential election next month. 

Lisa Tomlin has been with her partner jane for 50 years, and she has been married to her for the last five years. Thats 50 years of being together, eating together, laughing together, waking up next to your partner for 50 freaking years!!

Good Lord, i want that! And they say lesbian relationships doesn't last? 

I am smitten by those two.. I know they have their challenges over the years, but by God, they've weathered it.

When asked the secret to their long lasting relationship, their answer was 'Mutual respect and Admiration'

Can you freaking beat That?

17 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

When asked the secret to their long lasting relationship, their answer was 'Mutual respect and Admiration'

Can you freaking beat That?

That is just it. Most people under mind the power of respect in a relationship.

You can't just disrespect someone straight up and be claiming right.

What?😎

2 hours ago, MENA said:

That is just it. Most people under mind the power of respect in a relationship.

You can't just disrespect someone straight up and be claiming right.

What?😎

True..

Please let's endeavor to go out and vote during this coming voting exercise. We shouldn't be leaving the task of choosing our leaders to touts and market women alone who sells their votes for plate of rice.

Whining on social platforms alone can't unsit a poor administration. Let's take our whining to the ballot box. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Mimy said:

I really wish Teni start using the gender of her choice when writing her music. 

She's only being wise.... it will hurt her if she did. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mimy said:

I Don't think she should. She is on track..She schooled in America, so if she had wanted to tow that lane, she would have. But she just knew its not acceptable and That would not sell her brand as much as she wants..

True. I know. I guess I'm just eager for a talented Nigerian lesbian artist being unapologetically herself and yet topping the chart. 

25 minutes ago, Mimy said:

True. I know. I guess I'm just eager for a talented Nigerian lesbian artist being unapologetically herself and yet topping the chart. 

But, How can you say for sure if she is a lesbian? Was there any 'Caught'? 😀Or is it just the stereotypical 'tomboys are gay' ?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

But, How can you say for sure if she is a lesbian? Was there any 'Caught'? 😀Or is it just the stereotypical 'tomboys are gay' ?

No any caught needed my dear. That babe is gay af abi na her durag be giving me wrong signal or I just wish she is 😂

• Moderators
Just now, Mimy said:

No any caught needed my dear. That babe is gay af abi na her durag be giving me wrong signal or I just wish she is 😂

I think it is obvious that she is. Lool. She's done the rainbow head to toe thing. I may be wrong but that was what did it for me. 

7 minutes ago, kimi said:

I think it is obvious that she is. Lool. She's done the rainbow head to toe thing. I may be wrong but that was what did it for me. 

It's pretty obvious in her case. I saw a tweet where her fans assured her that they will still love her even if she come out. 

10 minutes ago, kimi said:

I guess she is. A friend of mine told me she saw her perform at a gay club in Lagos sometime last year. I saw a programme on hiptv last month when the female presenter was flirting with her, on a live programme o.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Teewhy said:

I guess she is. A friend of mine told me she saw her perform at a gay club in Lagos sometime last year. I saw a programme on hiptv last month when the female presenter was flirting with her, on a live programme o.

Hahahaha... she's super talented. It's a shame really that all that would cease to matter if word gets out in a society such as ours. 

15 minutes ago, Mimy said:

It's pretty obvious in her case. I saw a tweet where her fans assured her that they will still love her even if she come out. 

She shouldn't come out, at least not yet. The same fan that said he or she would still love her if she comes out would be the fan that would bash her like mad if she does. Nigeria and Nigerians are just crazy like that. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mimy said:

Not a good move financially wise. The sales of her music will drop drastically, it will be like film trick.

The truth is that there are more homophobes in this country and pretend homophobes compared to the homos, so for her music career to move forward, it's best she doesn't rock the boat yet.

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha... she's super talented. It's a shame really that all that would cease to matter if word gets out in a society such as ours. 

So true....