Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Chat Room

Michelle

This brown skin girl song sound like nursery rhymes. Great message though. 

Hey it's the Queen, so I still stan 🙌🏾

I'm sick of women tearing themselves down. As a woman, You should be able to liberate women like you and not denigrate.. 

A woman gets raped and abused and women like her are saying 'why is she speaking up now'? Is there a timer as to when abused people should speak up? People speak up when they are comfortable to do it. 

Just let people be. 

On 7/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, Txunamy said:

I'm sick of women tearing themselves down. As a woman, You should be able to liberate women like you and not denigrate.. 

A woman gets raped and abused and women like her are saying 'why is she speaking up now'? Is there a timer as to when abused people should speak up? People speak up when they are comfortable to do it. 

Just let people be. 

😘

• Like 1

• Moderators

Girls, if you haven't seen the Bling Lagosians, make out time to go see it and let me know what you think of it.

Brilliant and diverse cast! Superb acting by Elvina aka Mopelola Holloway. 

A cat holding up a sign that reads "not all of us are your village people" has got to be the funniest thing I've seen all week.

It means some of them are 🤣

14 hours ago, kimi said:

Girls, if you haven't seen the Bling Lagosians, make out time to go see it and let me know what you think of it.

Brilliant and diverse cast! Superb acting by Elvina aka Mopelola Holloway. 

Elvina is good.. I remember this one movie she did with Genevieve some years back. It was 👌 

My fear is That bling lagosians might be like chief Daddy. I wasted my money watching that.. 😁

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Txunamy said:

My fear is That bling lagosians might be like chief Daddy. I wasted my money watching that.. 😁

Hahahahaha. Pele. I never saw Chief Daddy. I only watch Nigerian movies based on recommendation but Bling Lagosians? I didn't need any recommendations for it. Lol. BAP is good. I have pretty much seen all her musicals and her major productions. She delivers every time. 

Please go see it. If you do not like it, I would refund you in airtime money. Lol

4 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. Pele. I never saw Chief Daddy. I only watch Nigerian movies based on recommendation but Bling Lagosians? I didn't need any recommendations for it. Lol. BAP is good. I have pretty much seen all her musicals and her major productions. She delivers every time. 

Please go see it. If you do not like it, I would refund you in airtime money. Lol

Hahahahaha! Funny you. Nooooo... I'll be bored to death. I'd rather see lion king instead. Have you seen it? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

Hahahahaha! Funny you. Nooooo... I'll be bored to death. I'd rather see lion king instead. Have you seen it? 

Hahahahahaha. You don't know what you're missing. BAP is Bolanle Austen-Peters, the owner ofTerra Kulture. She has revolutionized theatre in Nigeria. I say no more. 

I havent o... but I'll be taking the nephew to go see it tomorrow. Lol. He booked me down since the start of the week. He didn't request I take him, he ordered me. Lol. Children of nowadays. 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahahaha. You don't know what you're missing. BAP is Bolanle Austen-Peters, the owner ofTerra Kulture. She has revolutionized theatre in Nigeria. I say no more. 

I havent o... but I'll be taking the nephew to go see it tomorrow. Lol. He booked me down since the start of the week. He didn't request I take him, he ordered me. Lol. Children of nowadays. 

Yeah I know her... Her works are pretty cool.. 

You better not fail the Little man.. He'd be heartbroken for life.. Lol

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

You better not fail the Little man.. He'd be heartbroken for life.. Lol

Sighs... I know. Lol. I'd rather enjoy a lazy morning in bed but I can't bear to let the kid down. I'd be heartbroken lol

• Moderators

I'm back with reviews for "The Lion King".

All I can say is that I doff my hat for the Disney team. While I have watched it over a thousand times before, It didn't lose its freshness. 

...and for the first time, I got teary eyed when the little cub lost his dad and had to runaway. I also felt the love rekindling between the childhood friends. 

I absolutely applaud the team for re-inventing a classic and making the message within even more profound than before (perhaps it's because I'm much older now. Lol). 

I sang along o... (in the cinema) with all the babies I was surrounded by. Lol. It felt good singing to all the songs. Lol. I remembered every single one. 

...and all I could think of was how the youths need to take Nigeria back from the clutches of its "Scar". It would be bloody and fierce but we outnumber them. 

19 minutes ago, kimi said:

I'm back with reviews for "The Lion King".

All I can say is that I doff my hat for the Disney team. While I have watched it over a thousand times before, It didn't lose its freshness. 

...and for the first time, I got teary eyed when the little cub lost his dad and had to runaway. I also felt the love rekindling between the childhood friends. 

I absolutely applaud the team for re-inventing a classic and making the message within even more profound than before (perhaps it's because I'm much older now. Lol). 

I sang along o... (in the cinema) with all the babies I was surrounded by. Lol. It felt good singing to all the songs. Lol. I remembered every single one. 

...and all I could think of was how the youths need to take Nigeria back from the clutches of its "Scar". It would be bloody and fierce but we outnumber them. 

Nice Review.. I have also watched the original Animated lion king so many times , but this New version is more 'Alive'.. Can't wait to see it.. 😁

And oh, the songs! 😁 I saw clips online and I can't wait especially for 'Hakuna matata'. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Txunamy said:

And oh, the songs! 😁 I saw clips online and I can't wait especially for 'Hakuna matata'. 

Hahahahaha... it does bring out the child in you. 

So, I requested for a taxify today, and shockingly, my ride was a woman. I was taken aback, literally shocked, Because in the last three years since I started using Uber and then taxify, I have never had a woman turn up as the driver. A voice in my head was telling me to cancel, and another was saying 'Oh common, give her a chance, she is no different from a man'. So I listened to the latter voice, and waited for her to pull up. And oh, I forgot to mention that her car was an SUV. Unlike the usual toyota corolla most taxify drivers use.. 

Immediately she pulled up and I climbed in, I suddenly became parched. My throat felt so dry like I had been walking for hours in the Sahara desert. I cleared my throat and said 'Good morning ' and she responded cheerily. And then she started the ride. We rode in total silence for about 5mins, and I was super uncomfortable, and I just needed to break the ice cos I was still in shock. So I cleared my throat again, and said 'Its nice to have a female driver for a ride'.  Oh lord! That was my undoing.. 

From the moment I said that, she started chatting non stop. She practically told me everything about her self. What she does, and how she drives taxify on the side. I was just nodding and smiling all through the ride. I wasn't about to open up to her same way she did.  I was mighty glad when the ride ended cos it was like a 30mins ride. When she ended the ride, she was like 'I like your hair ' I said thank you. And she said call me anytime, and I was like okay. Lord knows I am losing her number. 

Phew! 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

So, I requested for a taxify today, and shockingly, my ride was a woman. I was taken aback, literally shocked, Because in the last three years since I started using Uber and then taxify, I have never had a woman turn up as the driver. A voice in my head was telling me to cancel, and another was saying 'Oh common, give her a chance, she is no different from a man'. So I listened to the latter voice, and waited for her to pull up. And oh, I forgot to mention that her car was an SUV. Unlike the usual toyota corolla most taxify drivers use.. 

Immediately she pulled up and I climbed in, I suddenly became parched. My throat felt so dry like I had been walking for hours in the Sahara desert. I cleared my throat and said 'Good morning ' and she responded cheerily. And then she started the ride. We rode in total silence for about 5mins, and I was super uncomfortable, and I just needed to break the ice cos I was still in shock. So I cleared my throat again, and said 'Its nice to have a female driver for a ride'.  Oh lord! That was my undoing.. 

From the moment I said that, she started chatting non stop. She practically told me everything about her self. What she does, and how she drives taxify on the side. I was just nodding and smiling all through the ride. I wasn't about to open up to her same way she did.  I was mighty glad when the ride ended cos it was like a 30mins ride. When she ended the ride, she was like 'I like your hair ' I said thank you. And she said call me anytime, and I was like okay. Lord knows I am losing her number. 

Phew! 

Hahahahahahaha. She be hitting on you maybe. Lol. I would love to be driven by a female uber driver; I would find it fascinating. I think it's hot. Lol

Why did you initially think of cancelling? Concerns about competence?

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahahahaha. She be hitting on you maybe. Lol. I would love to be driven by a female uber driver; I would find it fascinating. I think it's hot. Lol

Why did you initially think of cancelling? Concerns about competence?

I thought about canceling because I knew it would make me uncomfortable. Uncomfortable because I would be torn between sitting through the ride in silence, or engaging in a conversation. 😀 women are bad ass drivers, so I never thought for a second that she wouldn't  be competent. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

I thought about canceling because I knew it would make me uncomfortable. Uncomfortable because I would be torn between sitting through the ride in silence, or engaging in a conversation. 😀 women are bad ass drivers, so I never thought for a second that she wouldn't  be competent. 

Lol. Okay. 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Loool. I couldn't resist. Hopefully you haven't all seen it. 

Lol.. I cannot force the river to drink the horse, Neither can I force the horse to drink oh! I can only take the horse to the river 😀

The importance of  Education and READING culture  cannot be over emphasized. 

1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

Every Good relationship starts with a friendship.. 

Hey friend 🙋‍♀️

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 2:08 PM, kimi said:

Loool. I couldn't resist. Hopefully you haven't all seen it. 

Hahaha funny

• Like 1