Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

what's on your mind?

dequeen

I am forever learning and evolving, but there would always be bits of my journey that are messy, chaotic, and recklessly wild. 

But that's the juicy stuff that makes life fun, inspires us and strengthen our spirits.

I'm so done pretending to be sorry for those parts of this ,they were my favorites.

~Brook Hampton  

• Like 1

What happened to you? What ugliness did you encounter? Why are you exhilarated to quench the sun in someone's sky, turn their smile into a scowl and drag them to your ugliness?

What happened to you? That made your nails grow long and sharp, like sticks or knives or sticks and knives and you wield them piercing without a care. You tear the flesh and free the blood and you just don't care that my memories are stained with the oozing of blood from episodes you forced me to watch.

What happened to you? To make your heart so tender and yes you pretend you've got no heart but we all know that's a lie because the ones with the weakest hearts are the ones who pretend to not have a heart, and when no one watches they cry themselves to sleep until tomorrow when their pain is projected upon another soul.

What happened to you?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, dequeen said:

What happened to you? What ugliness did you encounter? Why are you exhilarated to quench the sun in someone's sky, turn their smile into a scowl and drag them to your ugliness?

What happened to you? That made your nails grow long and sharp, like sticks or knives or sticks and knives and you wield them piercing without a care. You tear the flesh and free the blood and you just don't care that my memories are stained with the oozing of blood from episodes you forced me to watch.

What happened to you? To make your heart so tender and yes you pretend you've got no heart but we all know that's a lie because the ones with the weakest hearts are the ones who pretend to not have a heart, and when no one watches they cry themselves to sleep until tomorrow when their pain is projected upon another soul.

What happened to you?

This is sooooo beautiful.

• Thanks 1

I don't want fancy dinner dates, shiny cars, overpriced hotels, stuffy people and diamonds.

Give me an old truck bed full of blankets, a clear night sky full of stars, some homemade chocolate and a soul that can make me laugh and is willing to be real with me. 

~Brook Hampton 

I don't like being around cowards and people who are unable to stand up for themselves. 

You have to be brave and kind, feisty and humble, wild and loving. 

You've got to have a brilliant mind, and an honest soul.

You've to be able to strive for more and never be satisfied with the status quo. 

You've got to be loyal and true..

Funny and Quirky.. 

Above all, you should Love yourself in a way no one else can love you.

Only Then, can we be friends.. 

• Like 2

The number of things the mind does at once is alarming. I am sitting watching BBN, all the while thinking about how to solve the work project I'm currently stuck on, researching on how to prepare spiritually and physically for the coming of a baby (do you know most prep for pregnancy write-ups are just like 8months to conception... Nobody seems to have preped 2years for it) , feeling homesick, thinking about my approach to love and how I should change it, feeling horny..... All at once. Lol. 

• Like 1

I just finished watching Beauty and Beast, and I cant wipe this dreamy smile off my face. I worn the smile thoughout the entire duration of the movie. The smile is part -nostalgia,  past -romance. Oh gosh,  I even wept as I smiled because the movie is so romantic. 

*sobs*

*smile*

The movie however takes diversity to a whole new level. from Hispanic, black,  biracial, homosexual actors el al all feature prominently. There are also overt reference to homosexuality, which I find very commendable, and emphasis on the concept of being free "to be who you are"  all in all its a very interesting watch.  I'm so hopelessly, irredeemably romantic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dequeen said:

The number of things the mind does at once is alarming. I am sitting watching BBN, all the while thinking about how to solve the work project I'm currently stuck on, researching on how to prepare spiritually and physically for the coming of a baby (do you know most prep for pregnancy write-ups are just like 8months to conception... Nobody seems to have preped 2years for it) , feeling homesick, thinking about my approach to love and how I should change it, feeling horny..... All at once. Lol. 

Hehehehehe. 

11 hours ago, scarlet said:

I just finished watching Beauty and Beast, and I cant wipe this dreamy smile off my face. I worn the smile thoughout the entire duration of the movie. The smile is part -nostalgia,  past -romance. Oh gosh,  I even wept as I smiled because the movie is so romantic. 

*sobs*

*smile*

The movie however takes diversity to a whole new level. from Hispanic, black,  biracial, homosexual actors el al all feature prominently. There are also overt reference to homosexuality, which I find very commendable, and emphasis on the concept of being free "to be who you are"  all in all its a very interesting watch.  I'm so hopelessly, irredeemably romantic.

Now I need to go watch this too. Lol

9 hours ago, dequeen said:

I aimed at your tummy :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Ouch! 

You missed your aim. It went straight through my heart. 

Are you cupid's Protegee?

Love liberates.. It doesn't bind. Love says, I love you if you are in China, I love you if you are across town, I love you. 

I will like to be near you, I will like to have your arms around me, I will like to hear your voice in my ears, but that's not possible now.. So I love you, Go.. 

~Maya Angelou 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Ouch! 

You missed your aim. It went straight through my heart. 

Are you cupid's Protegee?

Hehehe, I have been a very rebellious protege I tell ya .

What's my punishment for missing aim nau??

5 hours ago, Ivyy said:

My Number 1 Rule to love# Don't hold on too tight. Love should be like Riding a horse without the reigns and saddle..

~Ivyy

I think love has been the most tedious concept for me to grasp. I'm always open to a lesson on it. 

On 2/8/2018 at 7:25 PM, dequeen said:

Hehehe, I have been a very rebellious protege I tell ya .

What's my punishment for missing aim nau??

For your punishment, you'd be handcuffed to the bed.. And then you await further instructions. 

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2018 at 7:32 PM, dequeen said:

The mind is an amazing thing. The thing I find most fascinating is not even the conscious things you do. It's the unconscious ones. How it is possible for your mind to juggling a dozen lists, while you're driving a one hour trip, without missing a turn. Or cooking a complicated meal, while mentally planning for a dozen other things for the next week or next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 08/02/2018 at 2:21 PM, Ivyy said:

My Number 1 Rule to love# Don't hold on too tight. Love should be like Riding a horse without the reigns and saddle..

~Ivyy

Um. That sounds like a sure fire way to fall off and break your neck. Lol. 

On 07/02/2018 at 10:50 AM, Ivyy said:

I don't like being around cowards and people who are unable to stand up for themselves. 

You have to be brave and kind, feisty and humble, wild and loving. 

You've got to have a brilliant mind, and an honest soul.

You've to be able to strive for more and never be satisfied with the status quo. 

You've got to be loyal and true..

Funny and Quirky.. 

Above all, you should Love yourself in a way no one else can love you.

Only Then, can we be friends.. 

Did you write this? It's lovely. Sounds like a great friend manifesto. Lol. @Ivyy 

On 2/12/2018 at 1:58 PM, Oldlover said:

The mind is an amazing thing. The thing I find most fascinating is not even the conscious things you do. It's the unconscious ones. How it is possible for your mind to juggling a dozen lists, while you're driving a one hour trip, without missing a turn. Or cooking a complicated meal, while mentally planning for a dozen other things for the next week or next year. 

Truly amazing and fascinating!

You know, maybe if I had the luxury of getting my ass whooped, I would be calm right now. But I have been drinking tequila shots, my hormones are raging out of control, I'm emotional, I'm horny, and I don't want to hear about no goddam peas. f***k you!  Goodnight! 

(my favorite line from the movie, the best man)